New Zealand is pretty nice..

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Re: I'll kick start this thread with one of me

Postby Faith » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:30 am

It's a gorgeous place and very travel friendly. I was over there by myself for about three and a half months and never had any problems getting around and seeing everything. I've only been back home for about 3 weeks and I already want to go back.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:05 am

Wow...talk about gorgeous scenery. To have that as your backyard would really be something. Great pics. (Yes, I could tell, lol. Your eyes didn't look especially pleased...) :)

Not to be nosey but what made you travel to NZ? And alone? You are a brave woman! Tell us how very friendly everyone was....did you stay in bed and breakfasts or motels or what?

Another WTFer is goign to NZ very soon......I expect she'll be in here soon. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:02 am

Beautiful pics Faith! Thanks for sharing. I'm impressed you went there by yourself too. Did you meet friends when you got there? Were you with a tour group the whole time, or just finding your own way? You are adventurous! Must have been quite the trip. By the way, were you an FOTC fan before your trip, or after, or both?

RubyRed
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby RubyRed » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:10 am

BEAUTIFUL! New Zealand is definitely next on my list of places to visit. Been to England twice but NZ looks like it's topping the UK for natural beauty. Thanks for posting those, Faith!!

M

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:17 am

Great pics, Faith! Thanks for sharing! Now I'm really excited for my holiday! Although I won't be doing much in the way of extreme sports. I might go to the library and do some extreme reading... maybe some extreme sleeping. It's how I roll. ;)
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

Faith

Postby Faith » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:56 am

I've always wanted to travel and go to New Zealand, so I just decided I was going to stop talking about it and do it. I went through a program called BUNAC. They helped me get my work visa and set up a bank account and everything. The first two weeks I was with the Flying Kiwi bus tour, we traveled from Auckland to Queenstown. People are so nice there and I met people from everywhere, UK, Germany, Canada, US, Switzerland, Japan, all kinds of places. I found a job after the tour working at a supermarket in Te Anau on the South Island for a couple of months. I lived with a Kiwi family and cleaned their small hostel they ran out of their home for my room and board. That was where I discovered FOTC, they had the first season on dvd. I had heard of the guys but not having HBO had never seen the show. NZ tv is not that great mostly American shows, reruns for me since they are about 6 months behind so I watched a lot of movies. Found the dvd and thought I'd give it a shot. I was hooked after the first episode and now here I am. I wish I could have seen their show in Houston but I got home the same day they played, so there was no way. I was so close, yet so far away.

So dandy lyons, when are you going and for how long? You are going to have so much fun. I loved it there.

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:26 am

Faith wrote:
So dandy lyons, when are you going and for how long? You are going to have so much fun. I loved it there.

I leave at the end of the month for 5 weeks (well, 3 weeks in NZ, 2 in OZ). I'm visiting friends. Totally stoked! :)

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:28 am

Faith, the photos are outsanding, and as for bungee jumping... :thud: ...not the extreme sportage-type, but glad you had fun.

Maybe you should post that link and a bit of your visit info on the NZ Culture thread (in the General section), so people wanting NZ info have access to it. I think it would be very valuable to have if planning a trip there. :nod:

Dandy, I'm glad you got to read Faith's account of her trip and see her link, and I like your extreme sports! :D
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:43 pm

What a great experience, Faith. Thanks for telling us about it.....more pics wouldn't be remiss either. :wink: We love pics!

You cleaned the family's Hostel........it wasn't like the Hostel where people are tied up and other people buy them...was it? :shock: No, no...I'm kidding! But thanks to that movie, I'd be a bit freaked at staying in a hostel....

Dandy, apparently I'm into extreme sports, too! I had no idea! I also like extreme net surfing....
ImageImage

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:45 pm

I've started saving...will probably only be able to conicide it with cricket (boyfriend). Think the next Englad tour there's in 2011, so kind of not long to go... :)
It's a psychological analogy

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:27 pm

Lovely photos, Faith. That said, they really would be better over in our NZ thread in the General section. This thread really should stick to just photos of members, so if everyone can kindly return back to topic, that would be appreciated! Thanks!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Faith

Postby Faith » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:56 pm

What are you doing? You bungy jumping up there?

Sorry about that, indigo_jones. Before anyone asks, yes that is me, so now we're back on topic. :D

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:13 pm

What an amazing picture! :shock: You've got to frame that one.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:13 pm

".......and that's all I remember. I became immediately unconscious after that...." :shock:

:clap: To all you brave thrill-seekers.....
ImageImage

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:05 am

Great pics, Faith! But I don't think I could bungee... zorbing - yes, but I'm not sure I could jump. (eep!)

Return to “Off topic rambles”