Most Embarrassing Moment

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Fluffyblonde

Most Embarrassing Moment

Postby Fluffyblonde » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:15 pm

Let's hear it! Tell me your most horrendously embarrassing moment!

I'll start. I was at my first concert ever - Diana Ross. I was 15, had on very high heels and a skirt and top. (I know, I know - a skirt? At a concert? :roll: Oh well.)

At one point in her shows, she breaks into "Muscles", and the men in the audience start ripping their shirts off. She lets some of them onto the stage, and it's a grope-fest for her.

Anyway, I was at the top of one of the levels with some guy, and we had been dancing and having a great time. When she started "Muscles", he wanted to get onstage, so we started down the stairs.

I should have taken off my shoes.

I slipped, and took an entire flight - on my butt!

He came running down, picked me up and asked if I was alright. As I stood up and pulled my skirt back down (it had gone up around my waist...), I tried to be cool about it and said "Sure - I'm totally fine!" So he wanted to continue on down the next flight. One of my shoes had flown off into the orchestra pit, but I figured I'd just get it when we got to the bottom, which was much sooner than I would have liked.

He put his arm around me, and we began our descent.

I should have taken off my other shoe.

I slipped again, pulling him with me. We went down the next flight in a big jumble, arms and legs everywhere. Oh, yeah. It was kind of hard to walk that off, too - I broke my tailbone!

I was sufficiently humiliated, and spent the rest of the concert in pain. And I never got my shoe back!

So what's your most embarrassing moment?

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:32 pm

I was at a very glitzy fundraiser a few years ago, and one of the more famous attendees mistook me for his (then) girlfriend from the back, and came up behind me, moved my hair aside and started to do something disgusting to the back of my neck with his tongue. From the looks on the faces of the friends I was standing with at the time (they looked stunned), I assumed it was the jerk I had broken up with the week before, and gave him an elbow to his gut. I turned around to see this famous person bent over, puking on the floor from the shot I'd given him. He stood up, looked around to make sure no photgrapher had caught it, said something very ungentlemanly (along with "I thought you were ______ "). No "I'm sorry". No "Pardon me". Just @#!%^&@#* and off he went, leaving a puddle of sick where he'd brought it up.

In my own defense, shouldn't a man know for sure it's his girlfriend before he licks the back of a woman's neck at a crowded party like that? And, dammit, it wasn't even someone I'd have wanted to lick the back of my neck -- or whatever the hell he was doing. Eeeewwwww.

But, it was embarrassing, if only because among my friends the story has been told and retold, and has reached mythic porportions. They never let me forget it.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:59 am

When I sent a crazy person email to Jemaine and Bret... :oops: No reply...not that I can blame them. Definitely a good idea to sleep on the email before hitting the send button... :roll:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:34 am

Andria wrote:When I sent a crazy person email to Jemaine and Bret... :oops: No reply...not that I can blame them. Definitely a good idea to sleep on the email before hitting the send button... :roll:

If its any consolation, replying to emails quickly has never been a strong point with the guys. Hopefully you'll hear back sometime in the not to distant future.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:37 am

*blink* :shock: I just got a reply to my crazy email...If I didn't know any better I'd say that someone reads the forums...
I didn't expect a reply, really. The guys must be much too busy to reply to such silly musings. But how cool that they take the time to reply to fan mail. :D Very nice guys. Simpatico, caro, gentile, divertente and more of the like in Italian adjectives..
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:40 am

Andria wrote:*blink* :shock: I just got a reply to my crazy email...If I didn't know any better I'd say that someone reads the forums...

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe *someone* does 8)

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:42 am

Sherry wrote:If its any consolation, replying to emails quickly has never been a strong point with the guys. Hopefully you'll hear back sometime in the not to distant future.

Thanks, Sherry. :) See above. Now I just feel silly all around. Embarassed for being embarrassed? Is that possible? :? Time to go to sleep. Yeesh.

kneedragger
Half a shapely halibut

Postby kneedragger » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:48 pm

I can't think of any. I'm sure I must have done something :supz: I just don't remember it.
I'm so embarrassed! :oops:

Sean
"What kind of rapping name is STEVE!"

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:04 pm

Oh boy... let's see

It was the summer before I went off to college and I was performing in a show call "Diamonds" (v. bad, v. cheesy musical about, you guessed it, baseball - totally crap show). The back of the set was the dugout, and at the top of the second act, the entire cast rushes from the dugout onto the stage. The entire cast ran onto the stage and I followed, bringing up the rear.

Did I mention that the dugout had a low ceiling?

The last thing I remember is a sickening thud and a very bright light. I woke up a moment later on my back, eyes crosed, head splitting, with the entire cast standing around me. I stood up, made my way to the stage, turned to the audience, and proclaimed, "Nothing bruised but ego!" and the show went on.

I lied - my forhead was bruised for weeks and as time wore on, and gravity took over, the bruise made it's way down my face. So I had black eyes, green cheeks, and a yellow chin. And Halloween was months away.

Ugh.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:17 am

Okay, well other then my email lets see...
Probably it would have to be when I was...erm...17 or 18...long, long time ago... :lyre: I went swimming with a friend of mine and we were tossing a beach ball back and forth. Well, I threw the ball up and spiked it at her (I'm not a police net baller, really!) and I missed and hit some man right in the back of the head! :oops: Did I fess up and apologize to the man? Nope! I ducked under the water and my friend apologized, instead. :bang: Yep I was really mature for my age. Still am... :lyre:

Fluffyblonde

Postby Fluffyblonde » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:19 am

I am dying! Those are GREAT!

I have an on-stage horror, too. When I was 17, I did a high school talent show, singing to a minus track. (Music with no vocals, pre-recorded.) We had a full dress rehearsal just before the show, and I asked the person running the sound to make sure the tape was re-wound. She told me it was.

I asked once again right before taking the stage, again she told me (in a very huffy, put-out tone) that it was re-wound.

It wasn't.

I didn't know the words to the next song (besides, it was for a duo - "Islands In The Stream", I think :roll: ), so I had to stand there on the stage and wait for them to re-wind the damn thing. All I said to the audience was "it will be worth the wait". (Ego? Moi?) I could have DIED.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:58 am

Quite possibly, my most embarassing moment will come tomorrow when I see what I've posted tonight. Thank goodness the wine bottle is finally empty!

Outside of that, I'm drawing a blank on embarassing moments. (I've probably blocked them out. I did go to college in New Orleans, after all, which is ripe for debauchery. Plus, I think there are some photos from my senior year at Mardi Gras ... No political office for me! Thank goodness this was before Girls Gone Wild -- not that I probably would have been wild enough, thank goodness.)

There is my sophomore year of high school when I was asked to senior prom and wore a strapless dress. What was I thinking? At one point in the limo (filled to overflowing -- the limo, not me), I reached across to someone and popped right out of my dress. Fortunately (?), I was only an A cup at the time and didn't have that much to expose. Still ....
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Sherry
Professional Blonde

I've been thinking about this

Postby Sherry » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:38 pm

since I read this a few days back.

And you know what, I am absolutly stumped. Honestly. Not that I don't have a million stories of public humiliation. But which one to pick. Honestly, my brain is never in gear when my mouth is. Or vice versa. I have a knack at just not being at the party when everyone else is. Or arriving a bit later than everyone else.

Pretty much every day I show myself up. My bloke can attest to that :oops: But its part of my charm. And I am told, endearing.

If I think of a top moment, I'll be sure to post it.

MadMax
Top Bloke

Postby MadMax » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:00 pm

Doesn't have the range darling, doesn't have the range.
"..you can't take the sky from me.."

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:11 pm

OK, another confession....

I was doing a show called "Flea in Her Ear" (I know, I know. Sigh) It's one of those faux French sex-farces with slamming doors and revolving walls and dumbfounded hotel staff.

In the last scene of the first act, I was to fling myself onto a bed, ball myself up, and get swung around on the attached revolving wall. A thing I had done in practice, may times, successfully.

Opening night - if you've ever had an opening night then you know that adrenaline is pumping, the ears ringing, stomach turning kind - at the appropriate moment, I fling myself onto the bed. I never had the chance to curl into a ball. The young man (teen) who was turning the wall, all a flutter with opening night excitement, swung the door early, and he swung it hard.

From the audience point of view, all that was visible was my foot sticking out from between the flats, and some bewildered actors on stage trying to continue. An audible *gasp* came from the audience. The view backstage was quite different.

The teen in charge of the wall was pushing against it, not understanding why it wouldn't close completely. On the other side was a diminutive cast mate trying with all her might to pull the flat in the other direction. So what we have here is a butterfly affect now visible to the audience. An audible "oh" came from the audience.

In the meantime, my ankle is swelling, I am pretty much upside down hanging from it, and the blood is rushing to my head. Well, the teen (Hercules, as I know call him) finally realized that I was caught and released his death grip on the revolving flat, releasing me. I fell to the ground, pulled my skirt down from around my ears, and ran onstage just in time for my entrance. An audible "groan" came from the audience. My ankle was swollen, bloodied, and my shoe was missing.

After some medical attention during intemission, I wrapped my ankle and did the second act, with a gimpy stride. Upon my entrance, an audible "ooooooooh" came from the audience.

Ugh.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Return to “Off topic rambles”