The things I should be doing

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

The things I should be doing

Postby Sherry » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:11 pm

but am not

1) Working
2) Thinking about working
3) Thinking about thinking about working
4) All of the above
5) O and hoovering (I can't spell vac.. vaccu... vacc... *gives up*

But as is my way, I let myself slide into much more important matters. Such as the new look WTF! site 8) I also figure if I keep talking about it to you all, it means I actually have to go do some work on it and its contents :shock: Which right now, I am being rather lazy about. So not getting very far in my avoiding work by doing other things thing either. All I've done so far is think about it.

You get the picture :roll:

So what are you good at avoiding? Procrastination R US central right here. Go :stick: it.

specialkay
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby specialkay » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:08 pm

DIDDO!
I should be house cleaning, doing research, just about anything except sitting at the computer!
However, I have become obsessed with the guys; not to mention I like hearing from all of you too. :wink: So, I don't know what is the worse....living like filth or an addict...you tell me, I am the therapist! :lol:
I am the most clean freak around and yet...I can't bring myself to get up and do it because it's getting to far behind...ooo *(lightbulb)*not blond moment*
hire a maid! yeah, that's it! :lol:
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)
~KAREN~

conchordgirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby conchordgirl » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:37 pm

Yep, I know the feeling Sherry..I've been working like a crazy person but I had to take a break before my eyes permanently screwed up.. and this is the place I come to relax..sigh..it's so nice here.. now I'm going to close my eyes and listen to some Cure...

--A content Nicole
Oh, look at me! I'm the magical man from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop laaaaaane!!
Oh by the way I was being sarcastic.--Homer Simpson

djdeathskiss
Keeping it funky

Postby djdeathskiss » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:03 pm

Yep. I should be doing something work-related. But i'm not.
"Of course i'm home; i'm always home. I'm uncool!" - Lester Bangs, 'Almost Famous'

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:06 pm

I really aught to be:

1. Putting together Contracts for upcoming events
2. Processing the invoices for past events
3. Returning phone calls
4. Giving a damn

Sigh
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:08 pm

1. Making stuff for a craft show I'm participating in next week
2. Building the website where people can order the same stuff I'm selling
3. Exercising
4. Vacuuming so I can exercise without inhaling large quantities of cat and dog hair.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:00 pm

indigo_jones wrote:1. Making stuff for a craft show I'm participating in next week
2. Building the website where people can order the same stuff I'm selling
3. Exercising
4. Vacuuming so I can exercise without inhaling large quantities of cat and dog hair.

:bounce: Tee hee hee. What are you selling?
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:00 pm

Whaddayaknow! I've actually accomplished the last two things on my list! Of course, I was listening to F o the C while exercising, which makes it so much more bearable.

As for what I'm selling, I'm going with a variety of odds and ends (hot/cold packs, votive holdes, mirrored compacts, coasters, etc.) all featuring black cats, plus my skincare stuff and candles, and some faux Butterfinger candy bars. You know, useless stuff! :D

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:37 pm

indigo_jones wrote:... and some faux Butterfinger candy bars. You know, useless stuff! :D

Uh, when is a Butterfinger -- faux or otherwise -- useless? I love those candy bars! Never underestinate the power of an ooey-gooey chocolate confection of any kind. Like your black cats, I believe they are magic! :D

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:39 pm

Right this moment I should be:
1. Going to the gym
2. Going to the gym
3. Going to the gym before it is too late to go to the gym before work
4. Getting back from the gym and typing up work stuff before I have to go to the other work and it is too late to do the typing stuff that I need for tomorrow.
4 1/2. Showering - better put this in between getting home from the gym and doing the typing stuff. Ewww, otherwise.
5. Going to the other work...

We'll see if any of this gets done because what I Want to do is totally spiking what I Should be doing with balls (net balls...)...
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:39 pm

They're also really easy to make, so I'll go post the recipe. I'm hoping that no one will be able to resist chocolate goodness and will feel bad about only buying one cheap little thing, so they'll buy some other stuff while they're at it! :D

fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

Re: The things I should be doing

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:44 am

Sherry wrote:but am not

1) Working
2) Thinking about working
3) Thinking about thinking about working
4) All of the above
5) O and hoovering (I can't spell vac.. vaccu... vacc... *gives up*

But as is my way, I let myself slide into much more important matters. Such as the new look WTF! site 8) I also figure if I keep talking about it to you all, it means I actually have to go do some work on it and its contents :shock: Which right now, I am being rather lazy about. So not getting very far in my avoiding work by doing other things thing either. All I've done so far is think about it.

You get the picture :roll:

So what are you good at avoiding? Procrastination R US central right here. Go :stick: it.

i feel you girl. same here. in fact, when it comes to the p-word. i'm one of the best there ever was. certainly one of the best currently playing the game.

of my generation i would say i am amongst the top calibre procrastinators, the top 10, if not the top 5.
not so much a virgin as much as a...well, virgin. and 27, too. really quite amazing. god i'm depressed.

Klok
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Klok » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:32 am

1. Doing my homework for uni.
2. Cooking dinner
3. Getting fit
4. Housework

and the only reason I am not doing any of those is because this place has sort of a spell over me and I can't stop coming here.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:00 am

Klok wrote:1. Doing my homework for uni.
2. Cooking dinner
3. Getting fit
4. Housework

and the only reason I am not doing any of those is because this place has sort of a spell over me and I can't stop coming here.

Hehe :roll: Thats ok. We understand. And as fawad mentioned about procrastination, I feel safe to say its an art form and can be excelled at here 8) Lots of old threads and posts to read to keep you busy, so we won't yell at you for spending time here :lol:

fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:49 am

how about "sleeping."

Return to “Off topic rambles”