What are you listening to?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
User avatar
SheWolf
Boom King!
Posts: 7224
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby SheWolf » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:19 pm

When did Jeff B not do a beautiful song?
90% evil
ImageImage

User avatar
poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1063
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:20 am

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby poptartgirl » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:20 pm

The Fratellis - Here We Stand

I'm a sucker for Scottish bands - what can I say ? :supz:

And some friends of mine (Electric Touch) are currently opening for them on the Fratellis US tour this month :D
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

User avatar
SheWolf
Boom King!
Posts: 7224
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby SheWolf » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:01 pm

The Veils with thanks to pukeko. :yawinkle:
90% evil
ImageImage

Emafer

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby Emafer » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:42 am

indigo_jones wrote:
tvldiva wrote:I just rediscovered Ben Folds Five- Whatever and ever amen. :lalala:
It's been years, I forgot what fun this one is... :dance:

That is a good one, isn't it! I should dig my copy out, too. I haven't listened in ages, but I always enjoy it when I do.



Just the other night I was thinking about the album. I'm gonna have to break it out. It's a great great album.

Emafer

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby Emafer » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:46 am

tvldiva wrote:
That's cool that you knew one of them. They were all such great musicians. I actually saw them on that tour and it was amazing live. Of course, living in North Carolina, there are lots of great musicians. I lived in Atlanta in the mid-80's and knew quite a few of them myself. My friends were either musicians or other creative types(ie photograpers/artist). The south really knows how to grow them crazy independant types!

It is kinda funny seeing/knowing someone before they were famous.


I've been around the music business most of my life and it is kind of funny known someone before fame and then after. I usually still think of them the same way and forget that they are famous. Then all be telling someone that we were all out to dinner or something and get accused of bragging. But I still never really get it beucase I think "Bragging about some kid that I've known since we were 7 years old???"

User avatar
dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 am

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby dangerous person » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:31 am

I am listening to dear old Rufus Wainwright (again). What a man, I wish I had seen his Rufus does Judy show (the dvd's good though!). We saw him in Bristol and he was wonderful, a natural showman (he did his drag act dressing as Judy Garland at the end with his band dancing around him, it was hilarious!)
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"

User avatar
poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1063
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:20 am

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby poptartgirl » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:04 pm

Currently on heavy rotation :

The Steps - The Steps

http://www.wearethesteps.com

Electric Touch - Electric Touch

http://www.electrictouchmusic.com

Hacienda - Loud Is The Night

http://www.haciendaonline.net

The Fratellis - Here We Stand

http://www.thefratellis.com
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

Emafer

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby Emafer » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:54 am

dangerous person wrote:I am listening to dear old Rufus Wainwright (again). What a man, I wish I had seen his Rufus does Judy show (the dvd's good though!). We saw him in Bristol and he was wonderful, a natural showman (he did his drag act dressing as Judy Garland at the end with his band dancing around him, it was hilarious!)


Oh, I love Rufus Wainwright. Old Whore's Diet is one of my favorite songs ever. I once read an article that he came up with the idea for the song while drinking leftover champagne and cold Chinese food for breakfast. He decided that that's what an old whore must eat for breakfast. It struck me as funny beucase I thought I was the only person in the world who eats cold chinese and almost flat champagne from the night before for breakfast. Turns out I just must be an old whore :D:D:D:D

User avatar
dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 am

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby dangerous person » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:39 am

Emafer wrote:
dangerous person wrote:I am listening to dear old Rufus Wainwright (again). What a man, I wish I had seen his Rufus does Judy show (the dvd's good though!). We saw him in Bristol and he was wonderful, a natural showman (he did his drag act dressing as Judy Garland at the end with his band dancing around him, it was hilarious!)


Oh, I love Rufus Wainwright. Old Whore's Diet is one of my favorite songs ever. I once read an article that he came up with the idea for the song while drinking leftover champagne and cold Chinese food for breakfast. He decided that that's what an old whore must eat for breakfast. It struck me as funny beucase I thought I was the only person in the world who eats cold chinese and almost flat champagne from the night before for breakfast. Turns out I just must be an old whore :D:D:D:D


Cool story, I didn't know that! I could never have that for breakfast though.... :sick:

Rufus is brilliant, I'm glad someone else on here loves him too!
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"

fairychild
New arrival
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:48 pm

Totally into this new band

Postby fairychild » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:26 pm

A friend who works at UMGD just turned me onto this new band Honey Honey. I'm really digging their style. They're kinda similar to FTOC in their writing. I'm gonna get their album when it comes out on October 28th. I'm stoked! Thought I'd share my new listening pleasure with everyone, check them out! http://www.myspace.com/honeyhoneyband

User avatar
SheWolf
Boom King!
Posts: 7224
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby SheWolf » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:26 pm

His version of Over the Rainbow is one of my faves.
90% evil
ImageImage

Emafer

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby Emafer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:43 am

dangerous person wrote:
Emafer wrote:
dangerous person wrote:I am listening to dear old Rufus Wainwright (again). What a man, I wish I had seen his Rufus does Judy show (the dvd's good though!). We saw him in Bristol and he was wonderful, a natural showman (he did his drag act dressing as Judy Garland at the end with his band dancing around him, it was hilarious!)


Oh, I love Rufus Wainwright. Old Whore's Diet is one of my favorite songs ever. I once read an article that he came up with the idea for the song while drinking leftover champagne and cold Chinese food for breakfast. He decided that that's what an old whore must eat for breakfast. It struck me as funny beucase I thought I was the only person in the world who eats cold chinese and almost flat champagne from the night before for breakfast. Turns out I just must be an old whore :D:D:D:D


Cool story, I didn't know that! I could never have that for breakfast though.... :sick:

Rufus is brilliant, I'm glad someone else on here loves him too!


Really, you've never woken up with a hangover in a messy house from a party from the night before and just grabbed what's in the fridge. Maybe it's just Rufus and I and old whores hahahah.

User avatar
dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 am

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby dangerous person » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:16 am

Emafer wrote: Really, you've never woken up with a hangover in a messy house from a party from the night before and just grabbed what's in the fridge. Maybe it's just Rufus and I and old whores hahahah.


Nah, never had parties in my student days


:lyre:
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"

User avatar
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta
Posts: 9055
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:40 pm

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:49 am

BTW, DP, looking at your last post reminded me that our youth theater is putting up our original version of :lyre: Pinocchio, with one song by yours truly, written about ten years ago. The show's claim to fame is that it once starred Elizabeth Beisel, the youngest US swimmer on the Olympic team this summer. She constantly mentions the theater company, and her pic in Sports Illustrated shows her in a Fantasy Works production. Yay, Elizabeth!!

Back to Topic - now I get to listen to pretty pedestrian music til November 20th! :x I'm jealous reading about what you all are listening to! :|
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

User avatar
dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 am

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby dangerous person » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:43 am

Nancy Hillner wrote:BTW, DP, looking at your last post reminded me that our youth theater is putting up our original version of :lyre: Pinocchio, with one song by yours truly, written about ten years ago. The show's claim to fame is that it once starred Elizabeth Beisel, the youngest US swimmer on the Olympic team this summer. She constantly mentions the theater company, and her pic in Sports Illustrated shows her in a Fantasy Works production. Yay, Elizabeth!!

Back to Topic - now I get to listen to pretty pedestrian music til November 20th! :x I'm jealous reading about what you all are listening to! :|


That's pretty cool Nancy, are you going to go to the show?

Also, what do you call pedestrian music? :foreigner:
And why do you have to listen to it till 20th November? :nosey:

(half the time I cannot use the emoticons so I'm making up my own now)
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"


Return to “Off topic rambles”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

cron