What are you listening to?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:22 am

Ah, another Afghan Whigs fan! Yay! Every time I listen to Gentleman, I fall in love with it all over again. Even if it is a sick, twisted relationship. ;) I saw them live in New Orleans when they were touring with that album and that is one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Last time I painted, it was Faith No More. I like a bit edge when I'm painting, it seems. :twisted:
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Panda..ness
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Panda..ness » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:05 pm

ive probably mentioned this song in here before but im listening to florence and the machine-cosmic love.
its my favourite song of hers & it just gives me goosebumps when i listen to it, seems to have a lot of emotion in the song, & i was just watching live performances of it & they are amazing.
im trying to see her live in dec & i think if she plays it ill just get over emotional myself..cos im sad hahah.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfBY96qxVRQ

Why did i get double stuffed?

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:18 pm

that's good stuff Panda :D

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:29 pm

I just discovered this girl from an NPR 'Tiny Desk Concert' :D I like her song Just you and me on the uke too!

Here's a link to Tiny Desk Concert
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =120650097

Panda..ness
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Panda..ness » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:29 pm

gonna rant about songs again! basically about a year & half ago now i was on another forum & there was a thread about this band called 'Daggers' & they were supporting one of my favourite bands so i went to see them, & they were amazing! the group of girls i made friends with at that gig had their own name 'Daggerettes' (so cool hah) some of my now best friends were in that group & basically was just lots of fun! & we LOVED them! & they used to send us songs & stuff, which was nice!
sadly they broke up at beginning of the year but we never really found out why..
but then we found out a couple of months later that 2 of the boys from the band had now split & made a group called 'Hurts'. they've been in NME a couple of times & seem like they are gonna get really big which im happy about but its still really strange.
anyway, i decided to listen to one of their songs today & its really good :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuwdw7KmGwA

i hope they do get big, but i just feel weird listening to them cos i think of them as a 5 person band, not a 2 man band..& we still dont know what happened to the other guys.

Why did i get double stuffed?

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:47 am

Ive been listening to a lot of older stuff the last week or so. Here are 3 that have been on repeat lately.

Elis Regina-aquas de marco (Jem said he liked this song although he refered to the Susannah McCorkle version-which is also great)

Joe and Eddie-Children go- I posted this on my Fb page too

Sam Cooke- Jesus gave me water--Brett (my Brett :) ) is currently working on this song so he can make a recording of it (and hopefully post a youtube video)

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:25 am

I'm listenin to Iggy's Preliminaires album, tis quite good :)
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:43 am

I finally got around to getting A New Tide, Gomez's latest. Apparently there's mixed opinions about this one, but I think it's just a gorgeous album. "Little Pieces" has been stuck in my head for days.

I flipping love this band. :D
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:15 am

Oooh I don't have that one yet, Val. I quite like Gomez and my hubby is a big fan. I'll have to check it out.

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:28 pm

Do it, Red! You'll like it. I think "Win Park Slope" is my favorite song on it.
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:09 pm

A friend of mine recently introduced me to Sufjan Stevens. Sufjan was born in Detroit and grew up in Petosky.

This is one of my favs so far

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inNQTSnHTH4&feature=related[/youtube]

and I love this! Detroit, Lift up your weary head!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mkoNonky_w&feature=related[/youtube]

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:12 pm

I got the "Woman King" EP by Iron and Wine for Christmas and I've been listening to it every day. I LOVE it. The only thing wrong with it is it's too short.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:20 pm

Woman King was my first introduction to Iron & Wine. Instant love for the whole EP!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:24 pm

Yeah, it's awesome. I listen to it every night while I'm cooking dinner. :) It's actually a really good length for that.

I also got a 2 disc set of Rodrigo y Gabriela in Japan. :thumb: One of the discs is a DVD, I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but I'm looking forward to it. The CD is really good.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:38 pm

mock, R&G are awesome live. That's cool they have a DVD, I should pick it up.

I'm listenin to Iggy's Preliminaires album, tis quite good
It is, and good for him for throwing everyone a curve ball! He wouldn't be Iggy if he didn't.

Elis Regina-aquas de marco (Jem said he liked this song although he refered to the Susannah McCorkle version-which is also great)
I LOVE her. The duet between her and Tom Jobim is amazing. Everyone needs a copy of Elis and Tom in their library. If you don't mind, I'm x-posting this on the "low budget music video" thread. You don't need a budget when you have Elis Regina.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Return to “Off topic rambles”