Wot??? I'm sorry i just don't understand.

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
The_Kiwi_Fruit
Keeping it funky

Wot??? I'm sorry i just don't understand.

Postby The_Kiwi_Fruit » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:43 am

Ok I absolutly love accents. So I thought we should make thread were we can talk about the boys accents and also the accents of all our members. Please share anything you've heard people say that you found interesting or maybe amusing. Or something you say yourself.

I'll start by saying i dno't have a very strong kiwi accent. Actually lots of people think i might have lived in the UK at some point... I dunno why. but then neither brett nor jemaine has the strongest accent either i don't think. lol but murray does. but i know i'm a kiwi... coz i can't stop rising at the end of my sentences. Also i never say er probably it's also runna or harry potta. and finally i cannot, cannot differently the vowel sounds bettween hair and here, or dear and deer, or fairy and ferry. Actually long story but i spent about half an hour last night with an friend i know from the UK trying to teach me..... but i was useless.... i honestly cannnot although i can hear the different i can say the word hair... it just sounds like here. Also i say yis and wot... lol.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:29 am

IIRC somewhere there is a discussion about the accents.

I'll try to find it later.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:35 am

I found it here A few pages worth of discussion about what/how they say things and Kiwi's in general IIRC.

The_Kiwi_Fruit
Keeping it funky

Postby The_Kiwi_Fruit » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:04 am

oh my gosh. I'm sorry i keep making threads that already excist.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:15 am

It's ok, some of them don't have the most logical titles to them :) And lots of people never think to look back in the old threads or search for subjects so not to worry.

But all the old topics are still active and can be posted to, even after all this time, so feel free to take a browse through them or do a search and see if something turns up.

Return to “Off topic rambles”