How Crazy ARE You?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Fluffyblonde

How Crazy ARE You?

Postby Fluffyblonde » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:32 am

Let's hear it. What is the craziest, silliest, stupidest thing you've ever done? (Not to be confused with the embarassing moment...)

I'll start. I work very, very long hours and don't get the sleep I truly need. Last night/this morning/a few minutes ago, I was at the computer when I started sneezing. I was engrossed in the project I was working on, but finally came to a stopping place. (I was still sneezing.) When I paused for a moment, I realized I had been saying "Pardon Me" after each sneeze, even though I was alone in the room.

Well, alone except for the wallpaper picture of Jemaine, which was staring back at me! I was excusing myself - TO A PICTURE. :shock:

I think that's gotta be at the top of the crazy list. What's YOURS?

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:44 am

This happened when I was about seven. A good start to a crazy life.

I was at the dinner table, in a royal snit because I didn't want to eat my green beans. My Mother (the woman who tests pasta by sticking her hand in the water and pulling out a piece) insisted I sit there until all of the green beans were eaten. Time wore on, the green beans grew cold, and my ire raged like a tempest. Ooooh boy was I mad! So mad that in a show of defiance, I grabbed a green bean, threw it to the floor, and stepped on it. TAKE THAT GREEN BEAN! Just then, I was hit with a wave of anthropomorphic guilt. I burst into tears. "I'm so sorry little green bean. I didn't want to hurt you green bean." I lifted the green bean, wrapped in a napkin and sobbed for ten minutes.

Crazy, eh? :shock:
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Fluffyblonde

The Jolly Green Giant is peed.

Postby Fluffyblonde » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:59 am

There can be only one response to that:

"Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (Exclamation marks just for you!) :D

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Re: The Jolly Green Giant is peed.

Postby Gayle » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:12 am

Fluffyblonde wrote:There can be only one response to that:

"Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (Exclamation marks just for you!) :D

:supz: Thank you! Thank you! You are too kind. i think... :hrm:

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:33 am

My crazy, crazy moment? When I clicked on the link for Folk Forums and said "Ooh, Cool Beans"... :rolleyes:

But there are so many to choose from...I'll have to think (think, think about it) on that and get back to you all...
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Spammy
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Spammy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:21 am

My sides hurt from giggling at the green bean story.

I don't think I've had any crazy moments *pout* I do have conversations with myself between calls at work but I wouldn't say crazy. It's more borderline deeply disturbed... maybe even pushing mentally ill. :biggrin:
"You see a peanut, the day's off to a good start. You witness some soil, it's a jamboree for Vince Noir" - Howard Moon - The Mighty Boosh

djdeathskiss
Keeping it funky

Postby djdeathskiss » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:01 pm

Well, I don't know if this is weird or silly, but it may be a serious fan-girl issue. I have a tendency to drive long distances to go to conventions or other events if anyone from 'Lord of the Rings' is going to be there. I once drove 5 1/2 hours from Michigan to Toronto to see the premiere of a film that Orlando Bloom was in (and who was sitting 6 rows directly behind me), then turn around and drive back home. It's sad, really.
"Of course i'm home; i'm always home. I'm uncool!" - Lester Bangs, 'Almost Famous'

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Erm

Postby Sherry » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:37 pm

*panics*

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe I should just let MadMax give you examples? He spends so much of his time with me with this look of, well, look of something, on his face. And laughing :roll:

I live up to one of my quotes

"I live in my own little world, but its ok, they know me here"

At the moment I am running around my daily life, but I will be sure to log back in later and try and give examples of my utter nuttiness :oops:

djdeathskiss
Keeping it funky

Re: Erm

Postby djdeathskiss » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:41 pm

Sherry wrote:"I live in my own little world, but its ok, they know me here"

I think that should be on the official group t-shirt. If there ever is one. :)
"Of course i'm home; i'm always home. I'm uncool!" - Lester Bangs, 'Almost Famous'

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:01 pm

I second that motion!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:12 am

I'm not sure these examples count toward crazy. Its just me. I find it blissful living a slightly dotty existance. I can thank my mother for allowing me as much freedom as she did when I was growing up. I am almost totally unaware of my ways. Most people who know me find me somewhat *thinks of words to describe* I guess, 'fuzzy and unfocused and completley unawares of how I appear to others' Not to say I spend my whole time wandering round in a state of craziness. Just I prefer my life to not be about focusing on the things that many people focus on. Its just not me. I chose a long time ago to opt out of the whole career thing and to take the path of free time, freedom, laughter and relaxation. Sure I work and I apply myself, but I place a higher value on my personal happiness than climbing a career ladder. Its allowed me to just 'be' as a person. Its what makes me happy. And if I come over as slightly kooky or crazy in my ways, then thats ok with me. I'm happy.

So examples of things I did, or still do in my daily life

1 - As a child I used to walk to school in my last year of infants. I'd of been 6-7. My mother received a call one day asking her if she could try to persuade me to stop arriving at school late and minus the 20 or so snails that were attached to my arm. New ones each morning I should add. We had done a project at school and kept a small snail farm. I however had gone one step further and was entranced by these trail of slime oozing creatures. So on my way to school each morning I would lose track of time and spend ages finding as many pretty ones as I could. And naming them all. And then I would arrive at school, late, and present them all, with pride to my teacher. Her expressions ranged from amusement to start, then veered into shock, then as the days went on into resigned boredom and a sort of glazed look. Now the crowning glory for me in all this was that one day I was able to show the entire class something that until then I had been the only one to see. I presented them a pair of 'in the middle of their Business Time' routine snails. I mean, snails, madly going at *it* as snails can when such slow moving creatures. And to top it all, covered in foam (which is what snails create when doing *it*). My exact words are long forgotten now, but it was, my mother tells me, along the lines of "Look Miss, they are having snail sex" Needless to say my mother got another phone call. 'Sex' was an unheard of word for 6-7 year olds back in the mid 70's. I was about 10 years ahead of my time. Thanks Mum :D And now, when I think back on it I am so proud I introduced an entire generation of kiddes to sex. Even if it was only snail sex. They pretty much all went home and asked their parents what sex was :shock: Have I mentioned sex enough here now? :P

And into adult hood we go

I still wander country lanes and somehow get sidetracked if its damp or been raining. I amble and look for snails, pick them up and help them cross the road. Same with caterpillars, toads, moths and anything else moving. I tell my bloke I am going for a 20 minute walk with the dogs and arrive back over an hour later :oops:

What else, I still look, when walking on grass, for a 4 leafed clover. Even at 35. I know they don't actually exisit, but I live in hope that one day I will find one.

I am able to revert to childhood games in public. For example, when in Australia last year, My bloke and I came across some bricks making a walkway. Some of the bricks had dedications or quotes and so on on them, all the way along this path. Broken down into alpabetical order. We started walking over them and reading them. Then I jumped on one and read it out aloud to my bloke. Then another. He looked at me, then took a jump to another one ahead, and read out the one he landed on. And so on. We spent a fair whiles, playing a weirded out version of Hop Scotch. Trying to outdo each other with the next brick quote/dedication etc. And to get to the end first. Everyone else just walked over them and did not really stop to read. And I am sure gave us a few odd looks. But its great to be able to just 'be' like that and not worry about it. We read those bricks, appreciated them and laughed lots also. I don't think anyone else got as much out of them as we did that day. :D

If you ever visit Adelaide and the beach area of Glenleg, I recommed taking a turn at Weirded Out Hop Scotch 8)

So yes, thats me. I know not too crazy you are thinking. I gave you the toned down things :lol:

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:27 pm

What else, I still look, when walking on grass, for a 4 leafed clover. Even at 35. I know they don't actually exisit, but I live in hope that one day I will find one.

Oh! But they do! They do! When I was small my Mother and I would spend hours looking for them. We would go "Blueberry picking", but really we were looking for 4-leafed clovers. And fairies (though I have actually never seen a fairie). But we did find a few 4-leafed clovers!

Keep looking! You will find one some day!

kneedragger
Half a shapely halibut

Postby kneedragger » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:17 am

There are so many to choose from. :rolleyes:
Once, while staying in a cabin on the west coast of County Mayo, in Ireland, some friends and I decided to go swimming in the Atlantic. It was a quite deserted stretch of beach, so we took off all of our clothes and plunged into the freezing water. We splashed around a bit and then came in to see a farmer, his wife and six kids enjoying the view. No point in covering up then. They thought we were very amusing and probably a little off in the head. Unfortunately, it was very hard to get a ride in to town after that. It was a long walk for a pint. :drinkers:

Sean
"What kind of rapping name is STEVE!"

fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

dude, you have no idea

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:44 am

does depression count? that's more crazy "heh heh" than "haha."
not so much a virgin as much as a...well, virgin. and 27, too. really quite amazing. god i'm depressed.

Return to “Off topic rambles”