Seen any good movies lately?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Re: Seen any good movies lately?

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:30 pm

My daughter saw Hot Tub and said the same things about laughing all the way through. She also said to see it after a beer...or two. :drinkers:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby kipples » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:05 pm

I saw Brassed Off last night and I strongly urge everyone to watch it if they get the chance. Can't really say much more without getting political/angry.

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:38 pm

Kipples, I was just looking at Brassed Off on Netflix today! It has Ewan McGregor in it right?

kipples

Postby kipples » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:52 pm

Yeah that's why I was initially interested in it. He is one of my favourite actors.

It's a really, really brilliant, sad and funny film and very apt for the current climate.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Red wrote:It has Ewan McGregor in it right?

If that's true, then I will be sure to see it. :D

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:08 am

Yeah Ewan is magical. :love:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:34 am

Ok, I am surely the last adult to do this, but I bought and watched The Big Lebowski. :) It was fun and cool and quirky. All things I like.

But I have to say that I preferred Fargo.

*ducks tomatoes*

Oh! It did make me want to get up and make a white russian, except for the fact that I have no vodka.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:52 pm

I have never seen Fargo. :doomed:

I watched Monsters vs Aliens (cute) and I love you, Man last night......
:thumb:

The scene where Sidney and Peter meet at the open house had me rolling.... :rolls:

"Yeah and it smells like farts too." :roll2:

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:06 pm

CJ, Fargo is soooo worth it - see it. William H Macy at his best (and he's aways good), Frances McDormand's wonderful accent - "yuuuh?", Steve Buscemi and the rest of the cast at the top of their game. :thumb:

This weekend I saw You Don't Know Jack on HBO - about Dr Jack Kevorkian. Some of it is very hard to watch, but it is a very well-done film, showing "Dr Death" as a committed but quirky individual. Great performances from Al Pacino, Susan Sarandon, John Goodman, and Brenda Vaccaro - where has she been all these years?

A friend saw Date Night and said it was a full-out laughfest all the way through.
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

kipples

Postby kipples » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:07 pm

You're not the only one CJ!

Monsters vs Aliens is brilliant. I remember the day I saw it I had been out the night before and was meant to be working at 6pm. I had a dirty hangover, then i saw MvA was on TV at 6.30, so I rang in to the cinema I worked at and asked if I could have the night off, which I got :D ! Good times.

And with I Love You, Man that bit where he projectile vomits all over the guy, I had to walk out of the room I was laughing so hard :rolls:

I watched Drop Dead Fred yesterday for the first time in ages! It was on in the afternoon so my favourite "magic word" scene was cut out.
Why is it when you have the movie on DVD you're more inclined to watch it when it's on the telly?! Or is that just me?
Last edited by kipples on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:18 pm

Kipples, Im that way too. We have a ton of DVDs and I end up watching movies over and over when they rotate on HBO. Maybe its just that Im lazy and dont want to get up to put a dvd in the machine... :lol:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:20 pm

Absolutely, kipples! Tom and I will stumble on Kill Bill or Lord of the Rings or any good movie and we'll sit there waiting through commercials, watching the tv cut...:lol:
And I'll say "We should probably just put the disc in..." yet we don't..... :|

I think lots of us do it! :D

Everyone needs to see Fargo! :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:40 pm

I'm guilty of passing up my DVDs as well. :roll: I wonder why we do it? :dunno:

I'm ashamed to say my daughter gave me 3 months of Netflix for Christmas and I haven't taken advantage of it yet. Now there are so many movies I've missed, I don't know where to start - Hurt Locker, maybe? :hrm:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

kipples

Postby kipples » Sun May 02, 2010 5:10 am

Watched two Jim Carrey movies this weekend.

The first was The Truman Show. I actually went to see it twice when it was in the cinema. It stayed with me for a long time afterwards.
There's barely a thing that I can find fault with really. It's so detailed and really well thought out, and this was before any Big Brother or Survivor show.
Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
The part where he's standing in the road is so well played out and the bit at the end when he's banging at the wall always breaks my heart.
One of my favourite last lines of a film too, "What else is on?". My top favourite being, "I dunno. What are the hours?"!

The second was I Love You, Phillip Morris.
I've been dying to see this film since I first heard about it over a year ago. I thought any film with him and Ewen McGregor had to be good, and believe me it was.
Ewen McGregor was fantastic. I thought he played the character so amazingly well. I really felt that whatever emotion he had to show he was literally feeling it at that moment.
Carrey was good but definitely not his best movie in my opinion.
The best thing was the actual story. I would have been gripped no matter what way I heard it, weather it was reading it, hearing it on the radio or a friend telling me! Just incredible. And one of the best endings I've seen in a while.
:thumb: Two thumbs up :thumb:

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sun May 02, 2010 5:33 am

Ewan McGregor yes!! Noticed that: He got that mole removed off his forehead, I thought it was cool, but must have been health wise or he would have left it alone.

I watched and subsequently bought "long way around" loved it and he was so cool, great down to earth guy. Then bought "long way down" and didn't like so much because his wife had to ride motorcycles too so she wouldn't be left out...kind of immature I thought..oh well. I know I know just jealous. :oops:
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

Return to “Off topic rambles”