Meat Pies!

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: Meat Pies!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Panties on was always my creed way before Jemaine came into the picture which is why when he sang it I identified right away.
90% evil
ImageImage

H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby H.... » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:48 pm

8)
Throw us your potatoes!

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:44 am

I just saw that next monday, Oct 27th, Good Eats (on the Food Network) will be about the origins of Shepards Pie and Mincemeat Pies. The host, Alton Brown, usually gives great and easy recipes.

I got a great laugh when I saw this article. In Austin, they are performing Sweeney Todd at the Paramount Theater next week. As a tie in, they are having a blood drive next tuesday. For those giving blood, they are offering free shaves and meat pies! Brilliant! Now that's marketing I can get behind. :yay:
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:23 am

Where'd they get the meat for those pies?

Is it fop - finest in the shop??? :wink:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:23 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:Where'd they get the meat for those pies?

I was wondering the same thing... :shock: :lol:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:30 pm

tvldiva wrote: I just saw that next monday, Oct 27th, Good Eats (on the Food Network) will be about the origins of Shepards Pie and Mincemeat Pies. The host, Alton Brown, usually gives great and easy recipes.

Innnnteresting I'll have to check it out.

tvldiva wrote:
I got a great laugh when I saw this article. In Austin, they are performing Sweeney Todd at the Paramount Theater next week. As a tie in, they are having a blood drive next tuesday. For those giving blood, they are offering free shaves and meat pies! Brilliant! Now that's marketing I can get behind. :yay:

This is HILARIOUS! What a brilliant idea!

poptartgirl

Postby poptartgirl » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:20 pm

There's also a zombie film festival this weekend in Austin. On Saturday, they're showing Shaun of the Dead and as part of that, there's a record throwing contest.
If you've seen the movie, then hopefully you'll know what I'm talking about :lol: .
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

H....

Postby H.... » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:32 pm

Yup :nod:
Throw us your potatoes!

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:06 pm

nancy hillner wrote:Where'd they get the meat for those pies?

The pies are from a local shop called Boomerang's Gourmet pies. I haven't been there but they look good.
http://boomerangspies.com/

poptartgirl wrote:There's also a zombie film festival this weekend in Austin. On Saturday, they're showing Shaun of the Dead and as part of that, there's a record throwing contest.
If you've seen the movie, then hopefully you'll know what I'm talking about :lol: .

Dang it, I missed the record toss! Did you go? Did they have "live" zombies for the contest?! :wink:
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

poptartgirl

Postby poptartgirl » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:03 am

I've been to Boomerang Pies once before. I had the traditional beef mince pie -- very tasty. I haven't tried any of their other selections yet.

I didn't go to the Shaun of the Dead screening at Alamo Drafthouse. I bet the record throwing decapitation contest was a hoot. I did catch some of the movie on Comedy Central on Sunday afternoon.
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:23 am

poptartgirl wrote:I've been to Boomerang Pies once before. I had the traditional beef mince pie -- very tasty. I haven't tried any of their other selections yet.

I didn't go to the Shaun of the Dead screening at Alamo Drafthouse. I bet the record throwing decapitation contest was a hoot. I did catch some of the movie on Comedy Central on Sunday afternoon.

I used to live with my best friend and her sons who are my godsons. Well one week she had BAD PMS and I knew that she needes some time alone. So I came home from work and said to the kids, "Get in the car your mom will be home soon and nobody's safe." We ended up seeing SHaun of the Dead and laughing our butts off.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:14 pm

I dunno. All these pies looks really gross to me. :sick:
90% evil
ImageImage

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:05 pm

I think that you wre tainted by one gross pie. They can be really very very good.

Return to “Off topic rambles”