Meat Pies!

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
rocknout89
New arrival

Re: Meat Pies!

Postby rocknout89 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:07 pm

mmm...has anyone ever had jamaican beef patties...wow they are so good you will love them

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:52 am

No but I just saw Anthony Bourdain in Jamaica and I think he had something like that.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:56 am

Gah!!!! I've missed the past two weeks of Bourdain and it's killing me! My usual "supplier" of No Reservations has gone AWOL!

And now I'm hungry.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:21 pm

Bourdain's been boring me of late. I think he needs a half hour show rather than an hour.
90% evil
ImageImage

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:01 pm

SheWolf wrote:Bourdain's been boring me of late. I think he needs a half hour show rather than an hour.

I agree. I prefered him just being snarky and eat wierd things. Now he has become the bitterest man on earht and is seemingly killing animals to gross out the audience. The camel in Saudi was totally uncalled for. The woman showing him around had never even had Camel, so to kill one and eat it was purely gratuitous.

I'm going to blame the new model wife/baby momma for his lovely new attitude. Can you imagine this hot mess as your father?!?! :shock:
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:10 pm

tvldiva wrote:Can you imagine this hot mess as your father?!?! :shock:
:lol: :lol

As long as I've watched him, which isn't that long he's been the bitterest man on the planet and that was part of the appeal. I don't get how it is that he likes eating gross stuff but says he doesn't like to watch things being killed :puzzled: The one that amazed me was when he was with the Inuit in Quebec. They killed a seal then slapped it on the kitchen floor, sliced it open and dug in with their hands. :shock:
90% evil
ImageImage

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:50 am

SheWolf wrote:
tvldiva wrote:Can you imagine this hot mess as your father?!?! :shock:
:lol: :lol

As long as I've watched him, which isn't that long he's been the bitterest man on the planet and that was part of the appeal. I don't get how it is that he likes eating gross stuff but says he doesn't like to watch things being killed :puzzled: The one that amazed me was when he was with the Inuit in Quebec. They killed a seal then slapped it on the kitchen floor, sliced it open and dug in with their hands. :shock:

OH NO YOU DIDNT!! :what: I can't believe you brought up the Quebec episode!! I stopped watching when I realize that they would actually catch a seal. YIKES!
Hey, I love his snarky comments, amazed he even still has a palate with the years of smoking he's done, and love to see him running around in the jungles of Southeast Asia in a Ramones t. :supz: His best episode, by far, is Beruit. But this last series of shows, he's become some kind of cartoon characterization of himself. :dunno:
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:28 pm

You turned it off before the bloodbath? That white kitchen turned bright red real quick. I can't argue with native tribes hunting because it's what they've always done and they don't waste a drop. They used every part of that animal for something.

My fave episode was when Tony went to Romania with his crazy Russian friend who's name now escapes me. But crazy Russian friend accompanied him on a few journeys and he was so entertaining I wish he'd have his own show.
90% evil
ImageImage

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:14 pm

Yeah, I love the crazy Russian friend episodes. He's been in at least three now. I'm hoping for more.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:51 pm

90% evil
ImageImage

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:22 pm

You know, I've almost had the opposite reaction, that he's gotten soft and placid with the new baby and wife, but I just finished watching the Spain episode and that was heaven for me. Such pure bliss and joy and incredible food. Maybe it was the setting for me -- watching on my back terrace, drinking a glass of wine, while a young couple sits outside in the building next to me, enjoying the end of summer ambiance -- but that was almost a perfect episode.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:38 am

I totally greee that Tony has gotten a little soft since the baby. Granted didn't se either of the killing your meal episodes. But I LOVED the South Carolina episode and the American South West episode. And lately his comentary has been more whimsical and genreatlly softypants like when he was in Bali. It was like he was floating on a cloud the whole time.

And I know that he's arrogant and obnoxious and crude and all that but I would still hit that haahahaha.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:41 pm

:lol: I don't find him nearly as arrogant as people often imply he is. He's opinionated, passionate, smart, witty, entertaining - he's a guy I'd like to hang with. He's not bad looking but I won't be hitting that. The bloopers ep last night featured my fave - ZAMIR!
90% evil
ImageImage

Spüne
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Spüne » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:35 pm

I prefer my pies to have bicycles in.
"They call be donkey down at the station... yeah, I've got a really big penis. You can tell by hand span... see?" - Phil Olivetti, We Can Be Heroes (avatar)

H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby H.... » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:09 pm

SW, :tonqe: at your avatar and :lol: at 'Panties On'
Throw us your potatoes!

Return to “Off topic rambles”