Your Grossest Date Ever!

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Fluffyblonde

Your Grossest Date Ever!

Postby Fluffyblonde » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:17 pm

Kate started us off with a doozy in another thread, which gave me this idea!

Let's hear all about the worst, most horrible date you've ever been one!

Here's mine:

I had a roommate, Angela, who worked with Milton Berle's nephew, Deputy Star. (Yes, that was his real name.) Anyway, one night as Angela and I were playing Super Mario Bros, she said "Kristen...", and I said "he wants to go out with me, doesn't he?" I told her I would go on the condition that she and her boyfriend (who also lived with us) doubled. She agreed and told Deputy.

This started off a terrible chain of events, which included him pestering her each day at work to "kiss my future wife for me", and his making a very big deal of my name mixed with his. (My last name can be considered, if misspelled, as somewhat celestial.) She also told me that he drove everyone crazy at work. Whenever the phone would ring, he would refuse to let anyone else answer in case it was me!

We decided that we would have a dinner date for New Year's Day Eve at our apartment and Angela would cook. Deputy arrived. He wouldn't stop staring at me, but didn't talk too much at first. I tried to talk to him, and I reached over to touch his hand or something and he jumped about 15 feet into the air! I said "I'm not going to bite you!" But he was very nervous. (I'm pretty sure he was high on coke, too.)

Well, he eventually came out of his shell and proceeded to give me the resume of every single member of his family - all in the entertainment business. I said "I want to hear about YOU." He was at a loss. It seems he had coasted to that point based on his pedigree.

I made a very big faux pas. I had just gone through a hellaciously painful break up and decided I was only going to date Christian men. (I know - I was insane, but was searching for answers, and thought - at that moment - that Christianity was it.) I asked Deputy "Are you Christian?" He said "No." (He was Jewish!) I'm a dork, I know.

After dinner was over and he unwound a little bit, Chris (my other roommate) turned on football, and Deputy was immediately glued. Seems he was a major gambler! He went crazy when one of his teams lost (I guess) and got on the phone and started screaming at someone. Then, he went right back to the TV and continued going crazy. His behavior was very manic and cokey, and Angela and I just laughed ourselves sick and tried not to drop the dishes as we washed them!

The date ended and Deputy left, but he kept bothering my friend, and he would call me all the time. I would answer "Hello." He would say "Hi." and then just sit there. Finally, I said "Look, when you call, have something to say!" He was just so nervous that it was doomed. Well, that and the cocaine, I guess. Oh, and the gambling.

So that's my horror story. It's not that bad, but it sure was bizarre! Let's hear YOURS!
Last edited by Fluffyblonde on Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:25 pm

Jeeeez, Fluffster, sorry I freaked you out so much. That wasn't even the worst date I've ever been out on... :shock:

If Proms count, my Junior Prom was the worst night of my life. But, we were kids. The highlights: His father's baby-blue polyester tuxedo, a wrist corsage so big I couldn't raise my arm without falling over (made totally of orange mums), and about a quart of the worst cologne I have ever smelled on a guy in my life. And he acted like a total goon, too. I'm sure you can all fill in the details.

The good news is, though, we met again at a high school reunion, and ended up dating for a few years. He grew up to be a really great guy. :D

Fluffyblonde

Postby Fluffyblonde » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:21 pm

Hey doll!

Of course I would be freaked out if I knew that someone had mistreated you! But I am very pleased to hear that he won't be bothering you again, and that you had the sense to know what a creep he was in the first place! (Some women actually put up with that kind of nonsense! Yikes!)

Also, since this thread is about dates, I hope it's okay that I talked about a date...

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:27 pm

Fluffyblonde wrote:
Also, since this thread is about dates, I hope it's okay that I talked about a date...

Hehe, its just fine. I hope it was a tasty date. I've never eaten a whole one though. They always look so wrinkled and prune like when they are lying there on display :shock:

:bounce:

MadMax
Top Bloke

Postby MadMax » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:33 pm

I had a rather tasty date down here last year. I'm pretty sure it wasn't wrinkly at all :chick:
"..you can't take the sky from me.."

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:41 pm

I actually never really 'dated'

Maybe I have but not in the sense of the word meant in North America :?

I'll have to think about 'dating' I just went out with guys. And it either lasted a while or it didn't. There was never anything 'date' like. I had one 'blind date' set up by my best friends boyfriend back when I was about 18. Within about 20 minutes of meeting him I had told him I thought he was an arsehole and to keep his hands to himself for the night. I had refused to meet him 'alone' as it were so we had gone to a company ball. Black tie, the works. We were sat with 10 other people round a table. I told everyone at the table I was going to yell a lot at Mark for setting me up with a tosspot. And if anyone else was single and wanted him, they were welcome to him. And then spent the remainder of the night sitting at the bar until I was able to get out of there :lol:

Kate

Postby Kate » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:48 pm

Sherry wrote:I actually never really 'dated'

Maybe I have but not in the sense of the word meant in North America :?

I just "go out", versus "dating" as well. "Dating" connotes, at least to me, that I am looking to find a husband or husband-type person, and I'm not. So, maybe tht's how you've felt too? So, if I meet someone I like, I "go out" with them, and sometimes only once or twice, but a couple have been for a couple of years.

Sherry wrote:...I told everyone at the table I was going to yell a lot at Mark for setting me up with a tosspot. And if anyone else was single and wanted him, they were welcome to him. And then spent the remainder of the night sitting at the bar until I was able to get out of there :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Classic Sherry! I wish I had that sort of moxie! There wwere a few times I'd wished I'd had the spirit to do this. That made me laugh out loud... :lol: :lol: :lol:

MadMax
Top Bloke

Postby MadMax » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:16 pm

I don't know if I've ever been on a date.

I've only ever been "out" with people I liked, and I tended to fall into a relationship first and already be in that relationship before the idea of having a "date" occurred to anybody.

(I sort of have the idea in my head that a "date" is more or less a pressured event where two people who don't really know each other very well are trying to size up the other person while trying to give some sort of impression to the other person about who you are).

Ick. :thump:

I like the idea of attacking a relationship from the other direction. Get to know a person slowly. No pressure. If you get on well after spending time with them, and the feelings are mutual, then I would just begin spending more time with them whatever the circumstances.

The kind of "date" I like the idea of, and I guess I have had, is more the kind where I would wake up next to the person, go for a walk, have a lovely breakfast, spend the rest of the day out, go home, relax for a bit, get ready, and then maybe wander down the beach for a random meal and to just enjoy the company of a person I already know and like. :smiles:
"..you can't take the sky from me.."

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:50 pm

MadMax: The kind of "date" I like the idea of, and I guess I have had, is more the kind where I would wake up next to the person, go for a walk, have a lovely breakfast, spend the rest of the day out, go home, relax for a bit, get ready, and then maybe wander down the beach for a random meal and to just enjoy the company of a person I already know and like.

My, my! Sherry, you lucky girl you!
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:45 pm

Gayle wrote:
MadMax: The kind of "date" I like the idea of, and I guess I have had, is more the kind where I would wake up next to the person, go for a walk, have a lovely breakfast, spend the rest of the day out, go home, relax for a bit, get ready, and then maybe wander down the beach for a random meal and to just enjoy the company of a person I already know and like.

My, my! Sherry, you lucky girl you!

One of the best 'dates' ever right there. A lovely day, ended by walking the promenade, talking and laughing, eating hotdogs and followed later by icecream. And a snuggle on the tram ride home. Bliss.

And yes, I think so Gayle. Very lucky. :blush: Thank you :D

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:55 pm

One of the best 'dates' ever right there. A lovely day, ended by walking the promenade, talking and laughing, eating hotdogs and followed later by icecream. And a snuggle on the tram ride home. Bliss.

And yes, I think so Gayle. Very lucky. :blush: Thank you :D

Aw... how sweet is that? Can I just say that I am freakishly jealous. My spouse, is at this moment sacked out on the couch and only wakes up when I try to turn off the football game. Ahhh, romance!
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Lovelynhot
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Lovelynhot » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:49 pm

Well, this one is just unbelievable, but here it is. I have been on bad dates before, but this one tops the cake. My friend and I went on a double date with this guy she liked. She cooked dinner at her house and soon her. They guy who was my blind date was so rude and just about everything that came out of his mouth was offensive to women. Well, my friend and her date made their way to her bedroom. I took that as my queue to leave before I pulverized my date. I said it was time for me to go and I got up to leave and was getting my coat and purse from the next room. When I walk back into the room he said to me. “You can’t leave yet. Our date isn’t over.” I looked at him and he is standing there in the middle of my friend’s room naked! Wait for it…..His manhood couldn’t have been more than my pinky!

Just Pam, Not any Wham Bam Pam

Ain't no party like my nana's tea party

djdeathskiss
Keeping it funky

Postby djdeathskiss » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:14 pm

Wow, these are some awful stories! I guess everyone has to have at least one 'date from hell'. I've been lucky enough to be with the same guy (now my husband) for 12 years, so I had to think back on this one!

When I was 18, my best friend (who went to another high school) asked if I wanted to come to their senior prom. Her boyfriend's best friend liked me, and told her to ask me. I said sure, even though I wasn't even planning on going to my high school's prom. :)

The big night arrived. I went to my friends house, and the guys were going to pick us up there. So they get there, and my 'date' arrives - I get no 'you look beautiful/great/nice/okay', just 'are you ready to go?' Not even a corsage! Then, when we get there, he doesn't want to dance, just sit at the table. And since I don't go to this high school, the only people I know are my friend, her boyfriend, and the jerk. So I have no one else to hang out with. Then he goes up to get some punch, and doesn't get me any!

Now, i'm normally not too picky about stuff like that- I can open my own door, get my own drink. But, in my opinion, stuff like that is just common courtesy!

Needless to say, I didn't go out with this guy again. :)
"Of course i'm home; i'm always home. I'm uncool!" - Lester Bangs, 'Almost Famous'

kneedragger
Half a shapely halibut

Postby kneedragger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:06 pm

Lovelynhot wrote:Well, this one is just unbelievable, but here it is. I have been on bad dates before, but this one tops the cake. My friend and I went on a double date with this guy she liked. She cooked dinner at her house and soon her. They guy who was my blind date was so rude and just about everything that came out of his mouth was offensive to women. Well, my friend and her date made their way to her bedroom. I took that as my queue to leave before I pulverized my date. I said it was time for me to go and I got up to leave and was getting my coat and purse from the next room. When I walk back into the room he said to me. “You can’t leave yet. Our date isn’t over.” I looked at him and he is standing there in the middle of my friend’s room naked! Wait for it…..His manhood couldn’t have been more than my pinky!

I'm speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ttth: And not about his pinky :quesexcl:

Sean
"What kind of rapping name is STEVE!"

Kate

Postby Kate » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:26 am

Lovelynhot wrote:Well, this one is just unbelievable, but here it is. I have been on bad dates before, but this one tops the cake. ... Wait for it…..His manhood couldn’t have been more than my pinky!

Well, that just about skirts the PG-13 rating! :shock:

Can you imagine this place once Fluffy gets back? :doomed:

Have mercy! :lol:

Return to “Off topic rambles”