Your Grossest Date Ever!

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
eejm
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: Your Grossest Date Ever!

Postby eejm » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:23 am

vmh, one of my biggest fears in middle school was to get my period and have it show. (I felt truly blessed when I got it for the first time at home, during a school break.) I can't even fathom getting it on a date, especially since 99% of guys are totally squeamish about girl stuff.

My bad date story isn't too bad. I was in college - about 19, I think - and chatting online with a guy when the internet was all new and shiny. He seemed nice, and he said he wanted to take me out, and I agreed. He showed up at my dorm with a ZZ Top looking beard and sporting a HUGE belt buckle. Then he took me for a walk in the park. In January. In Iowa. He kept trying to inch closer to me, and I tried to pretend I wasn't FREEZING so he would keep his distance. I kept walking as fast as I could, got back to the car, and never talked to him again.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:37 am

eejm wrote:vmh, one of my biggest fears in middle school was to get my period and have it show. (I felt truly blessed when I got it for the first time at home, during a school break.) I can't even fathom getting it on a date, especially since 99% of guys are totally squeamish about girl stuff.

My bad date story isn't too bad. I was in college - about 19, I think - and chatting online with a guy when the internet was all new and shiny. He seemed nice, and he said he wanted to take me out, and I agreed. He showed up at my dorm with a ZZ Top looking beard and sporting a HUGE belt buckle. Then he took me for a walk in the park. In January. In Iowa. He kept trying to inch closer to me, and I tried to pretend I wasn't FREEZING so he would keep his distance. I kept walking as fast as I could, got back to the car, and never talked to him again.

Ahh, sorry. :oops: I deleted my last post because after I posted it, I've been debating on whether or not I wanted that story out there. Now your first paragraph doesn't make any sense to other readers. I'll probably change a few things to make it less specific now.

:lol: Maybe his beard provided extra facial warmth for him.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:47 am

The story again. Sorry.

I was fresh out of high school when my worst date took place. I had been chatting with this guy online for a few weeks. He was older. We hadn't officially met before but I knew who he was because he was in a band and I've seen them play dozens of times. And we had mutual friends. Anyway, he invited me over to his house because he was throwing a party. So I took a cab down there to meet him and it was beyond awkward. I was the first to show up so I just hung out with him and his roommates for a few hours. I was painfully shy so I barely talked to him all night. Even after everyone left, he tried to make me comfortable by playing old TV programs that I liked and made small talk about books that I've read. I didn't have a ride home so he offered to let me spend the night and said he would take me home in the morning. His place was pretty small. Messy but somewhat cozy. We both slept in the living room and I was sleeping on the couch (he was on the floor next to me) and in the middle of the night, one of his roommates woke up and sleepwalked to the kitchen to pee in the sink??? Ummm, ok.

The next morning, I woke up before everyone and made my way to the bathroom to discover...::gasp:: I got my period. I tried looking for whatever I could find in their bathroom but they're boys. Of course they wouldn't have anything! I was really embarrassed about it and I called one of my friends to drive the 30 minutes it took to get down to his house and pick me up at 7AM. I had good friends. It wouldn't have been so bad but I had total period leak and nothing to conceal it. Luckily, his couch wasn't affected. I was standing outside, waiting for my friend to arrive because I didn't want to wake him up. He did anyway and asked what I was doing. "Uhhh...just getting some fresh air." I went back inside until my friends arrived and bolted out of there leaving him completely confused. Later that day, I checked his livejournal (because that's how we kept in touch back then) and he wrote something like, "I scare girls away. :(" I felt bad but I really didn't want to explain what happened.

We didn't talk again after that but we did say hello at another party 2 years later.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:01 am

I've had some doozies. But the one that comes to mind. Was this guy I went out about 6 months before I started dating my husband. We were doing typical dinner and a movie. He wanted to do it right after work so I had a long stressful day at work and then Hd to drive half an hour in traffic to this outdoor mall place to meet up with him. We had dinner which was fine. Then we went to the movie (I don't remember what it was, I must have blocked it out) which was something goofy and totally non romantic. But he spent almost two hours stroking my arm like a long haired cat. I kep trying to pull my arm away but there was only so far I could get in a theatre seat. Then he killed me and it was like a frog trying to catch a fly at the back of my throat. He kept darting his long skiney tongue in and out. It was horrible. By the end of the date he was using the phrase "we" a LOT. I never went out with him again. But a week or two later he e-mailed to tell me that he had watched all of the movies that I mentioned and thought were funny and he didn't think that any of them were funny. hahahahahaha

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:05 am

Oh wait! I thought of a worst date. I was 18 and in London and had met this really hot guy from Australia who was a scuba diver. We got to the the restaurant, ate dinner and then when the bill comes he very politely, with a smile, tells me that he can't chip in for the bill! I was pretty niave and didn't really understand what was going on and he was really hot. So I got some money from the ATM, paid the bill and we left. We went to a bar, I had to pee and left my purse on the seat. I cam back and he had bought drinks. But I didn't put two and two together until the next morning when I realized all of the cash was missing from my purse. CLASSY!

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:12 pm

Emafer wrote:Oh wait! I thought of a worst date. I was 18 and in London and had met this really hot guy from Australia who was a scuba diver. We got to the the restaurant, ate dinner and then when the bill comes he very politely, with a smile, tells me that he can't chip in for the bill! I was pretty niave and didn't really understand what was going on and he was really hot. So I got some money from the ATM, paid the bill and we left. We went to a bar, I had to pee and left my purse on the seat. I cam back and he had bought drinks. But I didn't put two and two together until the next morning when I realized all of the cash was missing from my purse. CLASSY!

:o

Oh, that is not cool! Not cool at all! :tsk:

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:52 am

I don't have anything that will top any of the above. Until last year I thought my boyfriend was the only person I've come close to dating and we never dated. He just moved in with me. Now that's a bad date! hehe You go from talking online to suddenly "Where do the paper towels go?" and "You're a girl, how could you possibly not own a hair dryer??" It was very weird to go from never having held hands with a boy, to suddenly living with someone.

But, apparently I did date someone I just didn't know it. So... I'll tell that story. I was 20, out on my own and working at Pizza Hut as a delivery driver. I have night blindness so I can't drive at night so I only worked days and went straight home. I made the most of my days off, and the longer daylight hours in the summer. But, winter nights I was home and really couldn't go further than I could walk. The lady who did the food prep told me "Nate" (not his name but will be for the story) felt bad for me being stuck at home at night, and thought I needed friends so he wanted to take me for a get to know me dinner. That's exactly how it was put to me. Now, had I known this was a date, I would have said no. Nate was not even remotely attractive to me. But, a friend? That would have be ok so I said I would go to dinner.

I remember I was setting wrestling to tape because Stone Cold Steve Austin was supposed to do something or another that night (I was really into wrestling then, some sort of weird phase that comes and goes with me. It's been on the gone side for years now.) and heard him knock on the door. He was really dressed up. Suit, tie the whole nine yards. I was wearing my vampire shirt...
some printed shorts with kokopeli on them, and flipflops. I asked if I should change...he said it was fine. I grabbed my purse which was one of those mini back packs that looked like a stuffed animal, (mine was a gorilla), and we were off. The restaurant had a waterfall outside of it. Table cloths on the tables, cloth napkins, candles on the tables, and vines growing on the salad bar. In the bathroom they had freakin York peppermint patties just sitting in a basket for free!!! I loaded up on those bad boys! It was probably the fanciest place I have ever been next to a Western Sizzler! It was a steakhouse, so I just had the salad bar I had been veg for a year at that point. I'm not good at conversation really. I need to be led and I can do sort of ok if someone leads me... usually... not always, but it helps. He asked me how I was I said fine, how about you? Normal pleasantries.. Then there was 15 minutes of silence. He said we should have brought the food prep lady along. I brightened up and said that would have been awesome! Which he gave me a weird look for. (She was easy to talk to! Easy to talk to people are not in plentiful supply for me!) Then we ate in silence for a while. He asked me if there was anything I would like to talk about. I asked him if he had read the Sandman comics. He hadn't. I asked if he listened to Tori Amos at all. Negative on that. So I said.. "Oh, I don't know then. Anything you want to talk about?" He said he didn't know. Then we spent the rest of the night in silence. He drove me home. I thanked him for the nice dinner as he was pulling into the driveway. I was sort of worried that wrestling might not tape and so I just said "Later dude!" and quickly got out. I ran into the apartment saw it was taping and then thought I should wave or something, So I ran back out the door. He was already gone. I figured, no big deal. I will see him at work!

I found out not long ago that he was thinking this had been a date and not a friendship dinner as I was told. I take things literally so how was I supposed to make this leap on my own?! He had asked the food prep lady what he had done wrong. I do remember her asking me if he did anything wrong and I just said "nope!" which was true. She told me she heard the dinner had been really quiet. I was honest and told her "I didn't know what to say, and that I'm not the most social person." And that was that. I had no idea til recently. So that's the story of my only date, that I didn't know I was on. :D
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

thestray

Postby thestray » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:10 am

My then girlfriend invited me to go visit her school with her, then go get a bite to eat. Neither of us had cars, so we met up at the transit center and caught the bus. She didn't seem to be in her normal chipper mood, so I asked her what was wrong. She tells me that she's decided that we should break up since we don't have time for each other as much as we used to, plus she'll be moving for school and doesn't want to go through a long-distance relationship, yadda yadda. I didn't really argue you with her because I knew she was right, and I had been thinking the same thing. Still hurt though, and, now I had to spend the rest of my day with the girl that had just broken up with me, haha. It was just awkward and the mood was just sad between the both of us, we went and ate and barely talked, she cried on and off. She just picked a piss poor time to break up haha, you don't want to break up with someone then spend the rest of the day with them, not cool.

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:34 am

That is totally not cool, Stray. Talk about uncomfortable.

I dated this guy in college off and on. Nothing serious but I was pretty infatuated. We both went home for winter break and I didn't hear much from him but didn't think much of it. When we got back to school he was back to normal - constant flirting and we had a couple of group dates. Right after Valentines Day he asked me out to dinner and we had a nice time - no hint that anything was wrong. He brought me home and parked outside my dorm room. He turned to me and said that he had met a girl back home during winter break and it had been love at first sight. Then he proceeded to tell me that he had proposed to her on Valentines Day and she had said yes and that he hoped I could be happy for him. At this point I'm in total shock. I had so many thoughts and emotions running through me that I started to laugh really hard and cry at the same time. He just sat there confused. Eventually the tears stopped but the laughing didn't because I realized that a guy like this wasn't worth the tears but in that moment I found him a little pathetic and quite a jerk. Who takes a girl on a dinner date to tell her he's proposed to someone else?

thestray

Postby thestray » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:46 am

Ouch. I get the feeling that on some level even if he didn't know it, he enjoyed being in the position he was in. Seems like a very egotistical thing to do.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:09 am

I guess the one that comes to mind for me was my one and only blind date, fixed up through a friend of my daughter's. It was her Uncle, and she thought we'd hit it off. Oops. She was wrong.

Big mistake #1: Always drive to the date place so you can escape!
He came to pick me up for lunch, in his truck! I was in decent slacks and a polo shirt and blazer, he looked like he had come from a morning of mowing lawns - funky t-shirt, cap and scrappy pants. If those were his nicest, he needed to go shopping.

Big Mistake #2: Always drive to the date place so you can escape!
We got to the restaurant (in Newport, claire), and the name should have given it away - the Road Kill Cafe, no lie! :sick:

Big Mistake #3: Always drive to the date place so you can escape!
As we were ordering, I noticed he was on his 3rd or 4th beer...on a blind date...for lunch!!!

Big Mistake #4: Always drive to the date place so you can escape!
After his 50 or so beers, he wanted to walk along the dock and see the boats. I am not one of those "go for long walks along the beach" types - I hate being cold, or having to walk too far, and this was cold and too far. I wanted to go home.

Big Mistake #5: Always drive to the date place so you can escape!
I was scared to death to get in his truck and see him swerving toward my house. Luckily, he drove okay, but still, 100 beers for lunch...
As we got to my house, I knew I did not want to kiss him since he had "500 beers breath", so as he made his move toward me I leaned toward the door and luckily got the handle to open, turned and said a quick thank you and escaped.
I saw him again at my daughter's friend's graduation party, as well as this summer at her engagement party. He's happily married. I'm dateless. :dunno:

I learned from my big mistakes, though. :roll:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:00 am

LOL Nancy....I dont know about the grossest date but I certainly have a grossest kiss to gripe about.....

This guy I knew and wanted to date (but never really did) came over one night (I was 18 adn still living at home-mom was home) we were sittign on the front porch chatting and he moved in to kiss me....I was certainly attracted to him and had been waiting for him to make a move so was soooo excited when he finally did.

THEN....it came at me....this ginormous tongue got shoved down my throat so far I gagged :sick: ...it filled up my whole mouth! It makes me throw up in my mouth alittle every time I think about it....

Somehow I managed to forgive that monster tongue attack and went to visit him at UofM a couple of years later....THat's the weekend I met my husband. :D

thestray

Postby thestray » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:36 am

Hahaha. Some people need to learn that it's all in the lips.
That reminds me, one girl used to put my entire bottom lip in her mouth and just suck on it really hard. I don't know who told her that was a good thing to do, but it wasn't. Not hot.

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:47 pm

thestray wrote:Hahaha. Some people need to learn that it's all in the lips.
That reminds me, one girl used to put my entire bottom lip in her mouth and just suck on it really hard. I don't know who told her that was a good thing to do, but it wasn't. Not hot.

Oh you are too funny Stray!!

Worst date: I had such a crush on this athlete in school. He was cute and always had a girlfriend. When he finally asked me out (should have been my first clue "Finally Asked") he was just looking to get ****ed. I was so bummed out, and very hurt.
Cuz he knew I liked him, he knew I was a lot younger and because he figured he was so hot that all the girls wanted him, he assumed he could just sleep with me, not date me. Here I thought he'd be the perfect boyfriend, not one night stand, how sad. BTW I did not!! and am so happy that I was not just one other score, I never looked at him the same again.
To make matters even worse! He was a face eater of sorts. He opened his mouth really wide and completely engulfed my mouth! Gross. Not Hot.
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:03 pm

Stray...spread the word....a lot of guys Ive kissed have shoved their nasty tongues down my gullet....yuck yuck yuck! :sick:

Return to “Off topic rambles”