Obsessive Conchordian Art(?)

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Obsessive Conchordian Art(?)

Postby Andria » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:04 am

Because I have no skill with graphic design or any sort of fabric art (t-shirts, or thongs):
I spent my pathetic excuse for a Friday night making jewelry. What kind of jewelry you ask? (Because of course you would be curious...)
Well this kind:Image
And a close up as to why I am posting this. :oops:
So, my question is: Shall I commit myself to the loony bin this weekend or wait 'til Monday? Weekend care tends to be so sub-par - but I don't know if I can wait until Monday. Thoughts anyone? Goodness knows I don't have any rational ones.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

conchordgirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby conchordgirl » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:03 am

That's beautiful, Andria! So many talented people here..
I love it! :)

--Nicole
Oh, look at me! I'm the magical man from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop laaaaaane!!
Oh by the way I was being sarcastic.--Homer Simpson

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:18 am

Oh, I would so wear that! :)
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:55 am

Thanks, ladies. :blush:
So I guess I can wait until Monday to check myself in? Not totally crazy...yet. Well, not in that respect at least. Maybe.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:58 pm

Andria, I have to admit, my eyes are not the greatest these days (need new glasses and contacts), but what I can see looks lovely! All of you are so talented. I am in awe!

Ellen

I especially like the earrings

Postby Ellen » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:03 pm

Beautiful work, Andria! Lovely colors, too. Looks like it takes a lot of time and patience.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Re: I especially like the earrings

Postby Andria » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:09 am

Ellen wrote:Beautiful work, Andria! Lovely colors, too. Looks like it takes a lot of time and patience.

Earrings are so easy to do. They don't take very much time and you can branch out into lots of cool styles.

The necklace on the other hand went through a series of completely different styles. *sigh* I spent way to much time on it. I was going to do something way more complicated. An interwoven mutistrand piece. I actually finished it, took one look at it and decided I hated it. So, back to the drawing board. I took it all apart and ended up deciding to do something much more simple and less time consuming. And that is how it turned out.
Thanks, by the way. :D Nice to know somebody other than me thinks it looks okay.

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:24 am

If I had pierced ears, I'd so wear those.

And I say wait to check yourself in on Thursday, as to enjoy one last Business Time thread. Or...in that case, Saturday, as to also enjoy another Boom! King night. ;)

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:29 am

Amaria wrote:And I say wait to check yourself in on Thursday, as to enjoy one last Business Time thread. Or...in that case, Saturday, as to also enjoy another Boom! King night. ;)

Ahhh, it's a never ending cycle! I just couldn't be away from my computer for long enough to get proper treatment! What am I to do!?

/me

Postby /me » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:35 am

You talented ladies! T-shirts, jewelry. Such useful, productive manifestations of your sickness. My obsession only manifests itself in the obsessive clicking of the "refresh" button (superhuman though it may be, still surprisingly useless) and the inappropriate occasional outbursts of "What's Steve got to do with it?!?" and "You shot it??"

Dear gods, I just had the horrible thought: What if Sherry's site (Conchords forbid :prayer:) ever crashed? And I don't have emergency cheesecake ANYWHERE! :what: I better go out and get one right away...make that 2, they always seem to disappear.
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:03 pm

/me wrote:You talented ladies! T-shirts, jewelry. Such useful, productive manifestations of your sickness. My obsession only manifests itself in the obsessive clicking of the "refresh" button (superhuman though it may be, still surprisingly useless) and the inappropriate occasional outbursts of "What's Steve got to do with it?!?" and "You shot it??"

Dear gods, I just had the horrible thought: What if Sherry's site (Conchords forbid :prayer:) ever crashed? And I don't have emergency cheesecake ANYWHERE! :what: I better go out and get one right away...make that 2, they always seem to disappear.

Don't even think stuff like that, /me! *knocks on wood* I panic enough as it is when I hit refresh and the page doesn't load properly at first. Anyway, be proud of yourself, you've just inspired me with your "Conchords forbid". Brilliant!

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

specialkay

Postby specialkay » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:10 pm

Hey, Andira, I will take one if you are mass producin'! :lol:
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)
~KAREN~

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:13 pm

specialkay wrote:Hey, Andira, I will take one if you are mass producin'! :lol:

No kidding! Seriously Andria, pocketbook willing, I would absolutely buy one.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:35 am

/me wrote:Dear gods, I just had the horrible thought: What if Sherry's site (Conchords forbid :prayer:) ever crashed? And I don't have emergency cheesecake ANYWHERE! :what: I better go out and get one right away...make that 2, they always seem to disappear.

Don't even speak of such a horrid thought! Offline, never! I would suffer from terrible withdrawal. :shock:

Conchord forbid! *LOL* Classic. Your art contributions are of the verbal kind. :D

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:39 am

Hmmmm...mass produce...(erm, jewelry that is) *lifts left eyebrow* interesting thought. *L* I'll have to figure out what it actually ended up costing me to make it. I'll get back to you ladies. :D

Return to “Off topic rambles”