Non-Conchord related Addictions

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
/me
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby /me » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:31 pm

Ok, I have to back Andria here. I don't like coffee, and I do NOT like the smell of it either. Well, the smell of fresh coffee when you first open the can is nice, but the smell of percolating coffee..*ugh*
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:45 pm

Guess I'm the only coffee lover. Well, not lover, but I like it well enough.

And I don't see how liking cookbooks is strange! I collect Mozart biographies -- how's that for precise?

Also, I feel very very alone because I don't know how to cook. :lol: Only stick to the most basic of things. I freakin' live on Veggie Burgers, Salad, and Soy Milk most the time.

I've also got a lipgloss/lipbalm thing, but strangely enough, not a shoe thing! Instead, I'm a bit crazy about socks. Haven't got a business pair though, oddly enough. ;)
Last edited by Amaria on Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

specialkay

Postby specialkay » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:13 pm

okay,okay, if you are going to be as honest...i guess i will shpill it out here too. :lol:
I do have two whole frigging book shelves of "Cooking Light" and another shelf of (what I have cleaned out now) of "Taste of Home"! :lol: and I sit and watch Food Network too! :lol:
I love Emeril...can't help myself, and just adore Paula Dean...she is my fav!
If I could stay in the kitchen and just cook, with someone else to clean all my mess, that would be heaven for me....well, aside from have Jemaine taste all my 'goodies' for me! :hello:
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)
~KAREN~

specialkay

Postby specialkay » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:02 am

I was doing some cleaning today and realized that i MUST be addicted to buying scented oils and candles. I found them for every season, occasion, and a host of shapes, colors, and sizes. Just nutty!

Boy, Bath and Body Works must love to see me coming... :lol: :roll:

~KAREN~

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:42 am

Kate wrote:Now that I have come clean, a personal note -- Andria, my sweet, how could you not like the smell of coffee? Even people who don't like the taste love the aroma! (I happen to love both....) But, Black tea is amazing, isn't it?

I don't know how I missed the progression of this thread! I must have totally been out of it this week. :oops: Well, who am I kidding? I'm out of it most of the time. :rolleyes:

I don't know why I can't stand coffee! I wish I did like it, but *shudder* it is just not for me. My Mom is a total coffee junkie. Loves it. Must have her two shot latte every day. :D My older brother as well.

I do like Black Tea. Ever since I went to England and had PG Tips (love it!) I am addicted. Those English know how to have tea! :wink:

Oh, another addiction of mine...Fruit Smoothies. We have a AWESOME place in town that makes the best smoothies. My favorite is an orange, strawberry, banana, yogurt one. It is called Orange Sunrise. OMG, delicious!

I've never gotten into the whole shoe thing. I think it is because I have wide feet. I just can't find any pretty shoes that I can actually wear. :cry: Just call me Big Foot, erm Feet. I wear Birkenstock and Dansko mostly. I think I own three pairs of high heels and wear them with horror. :shock: Pity me, ladies, pity me. :wink:

I don't think the whole cook book obsession is weird. Now, a friend of mine likes to read the dictionary for fun. He reads the introduction pages! That is weird. :read: :lol:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

conchordgirl

Postby conchordgirl » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:45 am

Andria wrote:
/me wrote:I am impatiently waiting for some sort of Netflix-style used book rental service. Come on, ye olde netgurus, it's internet GOLD!

Awesome! Superb idea. Just fantastic. Gold, platinum...uranium? Could this be the next big business venture, started by /me? Start getting your stock now, people! :type: :D

There is something like this called Booksfree. I am also a big reader but I haven't been in the mood to read much lately..I still have Bill and Hillary's Biography to get through..So all I've been reading lately is magazines..mostly mac or design magazines, I'm sure my brain is turning to mush. The time I use to spend in bookstores are now spent in music stores..and for some reason I can't pay full price for cds ( not when they are 13-17 dollars) I'll just go to itunes for that..why am I rambling? Sorry, what was the question?

--Nicole
Oh, look at me! I'm the magical man from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop laaaaaane!!
Oh by the way I was being sarcastic.--Homer Simpson

djdeathskiss
Keeping it funky

Postby djdeathskiss » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:03 pm

My biggest addiction has to be anything 'Lord of the Rings'. I collect everything I can get my hands on; both book and movie related.

I also cannot go into a book or music store without buying an obscene amount of both. :read: :lalala:
"Of course i'm home; i'm always home. I'm uncool!" - Lester Bangs, 'Almost Famous'

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:54 pm

I wear Birkenstock and Dansko mostly.

I have a couple of friends that swear by their Danskos. They say it's like walking on kittens.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:16 pm

indigo_jones wrote:
I wear Birkenstock and Dansko mostly.

I have a couple of friends that swear by their Danskos. They say it's like walking on kittens.

Walking on kittens?!?! Ewwwww! I don't know if I can ever wear my danskos again...poor kittens. I'm sorry! :shock: :wink:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:02 am

They do mean it in the sense of how comfortable they are, i.e., kittens are soft and squishy. :) It's become something of a joke with us.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:07 am

indigo_jones wrote:They do mean it in the sense of how comfortable they are, i.e., kittens are soft and squishy. :) It's become something of a joke with us.

*L* Ahh, in the sense of comfort. :) I had a very scary visual of actually walking on kittens and got a little grossed out. :wink:

onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Postby onewithdog » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:41 am

Puppy, Opie and Anthony, XM Radio, Opie and Anthony, Most HBO original series, disliking the opposite sex because of their.......... ways. Women :roll:

I live a simple life!

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:26 am

Boots :heart:

Lots of boots. I adore boots. Hence I own rather a lot of pairs. I cannot walk past a decent shoe shop if it has good boots in the window. I have one small shop, an independant, that I buy most of mine in now. I am one of her best customers :shock:

I like books, but I use the library more and more nowadays, and save buying for the ones I want to keep. One the cost is getting daft, and secondly, I don't have room for masses of books. I just recently gave a heap away to charity. Some books are real keepers, others are the passing through kind.

specialkay

Postby specialkay » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:08 pm

:green: I have a little o' that sickness too Sheery, except, I can't even bring myself to give my boots away when they go out of style! Nothing like a good worn in pair o' leather :bounce:
My mate calls me the Melda Marcos of the century...heels, open toes, wedges, all mana of footwear possible and in any color...for all occasions and all weather!
I am truely sick with a shoe addiction! :help:

~KAREN~

Return to “Off topic rambles”