Battlestar Galactica

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Battlestar Galactica

Postby Andria » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:50 am

Is anyone else a fan? (the 'new' series) In the states we are on hiatus right now, but I can't wait until January to see what happens!

I love how the show is able to take on social and political issues because it is labeled as "Sci-Fi". Plus the characters are so involving. This is one show that I have to catch every week.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:03 am

I haven't watched the new version, but I was a big fan of the original back in the 80s. Oh, the spandex! :)
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:09 am

indigo_jones wrote:I haven't watched the new version, but I was a big fan of the original back in the 80s. Oh, the spandex! :)

Oh the spandex and oh Starbuck (he was one of my first crushes). In the new version Starbuck is a woman. Wait - am I mixing Battlestar Galactica with Buck Rogers? No - Starbuck is right. It's been so long...

I caught a lot of the remake earlier this year, as my spouse is a big fan and he's tivo the show.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:10 am

Do they still have a cheesy robot in the new version?

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:11 am

indigo_jones wrote:Do they still have a cheesy robot in the new version?

Tookie? I think he was on Buck Rogers with Gil Gerard and Erin Gray. Can anyone confirm, I am very confused now.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:14 am

No. I guess you're right. I also always get the two shows confused. I was watching I Love the 80s - 3D on VH-1 today and they were talking about Buck Rogers, I guess. I had it in my head that it was Battlestar Galactica.

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:18 am

indigo_jones wrote:No. I guess you're right. I also always get the two shows confused. I was watching I Love the 80s - 3D on VH-1 today and they were talking about Buck Rogers, I guess. I had it in my head that it was Battlestar Galactica.

My spouse had confirmed the robot was on Buck Rogers - and his name was Twiki (coughgeekcough). I get them mixed up too. All I really know is that Twiki said, "Biddy, biddy, biddy." Ugh.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:27 am

Errmmm...no robot in the new version. And yes Starbuck is a woman in the new version. No spandex either. :lol: Sorry ladies.
The two series are actually quite different. The new version is more dark and serious than the original. But feel to continue talking about the spandex if it so pleases you. :shock: :rolls:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:41 am

this show kicks ass. it kicks my ass every week. every week, when they have new episodes, it comes out of my tv, into my living room, turns me around, and kicks me in the ass. it kicks my ass. i hate it. for kicking my ass all the time. it's such an ass kicker.

by that i mean i like it and it's good. the only show i watch regularly. waaaaaay better than that other sci-fi channel CRAP. (like mansquito, cursed be its name. mansquito. p-tewey. MANSQUITO! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!!!) it's like, reality-tv sci-fi. that's what it's like. it's like the 24 of sci-fi. with hot girls. and evil fricking dr. baltar. that bastard.
not so much a virgin as much as a...well, virgin. and 27, too. really quite amazing. god i'm depressed.

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:11 am

YES! :D Another fan!! Finally!

I love you...but not in a gay way...just wanted to say...

What did you think of the season ender? Holy crap!

fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

affirmative

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:51 am

yeah MY GOD. I MEAN HOLY CRAP man! poop on a stick!

what the hell!? they let baltar win!? and then like....what!?

WHAT?

that was my reaction to the whole show that night, basically. like i said, it kind of kicks my booty. me and my brother are hooked on it. oh and those robot girls are hot.

i hope starbuck's boyfriend buys it. he's some sort of hack b-sci-fi show actor with boyband hair from stargate or some crap who can't act for crap.

crap. that show is awesome.

can't believe the robots have taken over the world. who'd have thunk it!? it's like something out of...out of...some sort of...of....folk parody song!
Last edited by fawad-oh-so-prescient on Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jm513
Boom Queen Baby

Postby jm513 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:02 am

I haven't had a chance to get into BG and I'm kind of bummed about that! The few episodes I've seen, I've thoroughly enjoyed, but I never remembver when it's on. I have a friend who is totally hooked and everything stops when that comes on. One of these days I'm going to remember to watch it! And I'm glad I saw this post - I need to email that particular friend right now........
"I can't brain today - I haz teh dumb"

xemena
Lost but happy at sea

Postby xemena » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:06 pm

I've just started watching Battlestar Galactica recently by renting the DVD's. I haven't gotten to the season finale yet so I'm not reading the other posts but yeah, it's a cool show.

fawad-oh-so-prescient
Keeping it funky

and yet, it can never be....*wistful*

Postby fawad-oh-so-prescient » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:05 am

wear some strong pants. that's all i gotta say.

i mean if it were spanking me, it'd almost be sexy. but it's not man, it's just kicking AND KICKING AND KICKING!

i'm going to have abuse issues afterward. (no offense meant to anyone who may have gone through kicking abuse in their past, just joshing. i know how much it sucks to be kicked.)

basically, this show is the single best science fiction show on television right now, period. the reason is because it is not cheesy at all. it is actual character driven drama, plus its taughtly written, whilst being completely vague at the same time!

how many shows do you get to use the word "taught" in describing?

it's a canadian production with british cast, so you've never heard of most of them. and the bigger names they got (namely olmos and the lady from dances with wolves, and i know it's sexist that i can't remember her names but i can remember his, what can i say, i'm pro sex, call me sexist).

it's gone so good that they're getting some top quality guest stars now, too. like the dad from home alone, and al from quantum leap!

but yeah man. oh btw, i love you andria. i...i love you.

i love you. *tear*

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Re: and yet, it can never be....*wistful*

Postby Johnnyp » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:28 am

fawad-oh-so-prescient wrote:
how many shows do you get to use the word "taught" in describing?

The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Special comes to mind
Last edited by Johnnyp on Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off topic rambles”