Life update

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Life update

Postby Sherry » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:54 pm

Short and sweet but I don't get much time on the precious MBP :roll:

So, last Saturday evening we were putting Galen to bed and we'd had a fair bit of rain. I went downstairs to start cooking dinner to find water on the kitchen floor and more creeping in. Checked out the window and what is normally a farm track was now a fast flowing river past our house. Well past knee high.

The next 5 hours saw us trying to keep the water level in our house down while our neighbour, a farmer called Andrew built a dam of some sort and also got the water flow behind our house diverted and winding down.

Basically we had had so much rain it had run off the hills behind our house (we live rural and at the end of a long private road) and caused the normal route of the rainwater to divert and forced it past our house.

We are now in temporary accomodation (lovely but not home and hard work with baby and dog) and I am having to go back to the house twice a day to see to other animals. My computer drowned in the flood, as did our sofa, carpets and a fair few other things :stick:

Hence me not being around. I have no computer, I don't really like using the iPhone for internet and am not at home nor will I be for the foreseeable future.

In other news, Galen was six months old yesterday. He also had his first tooth break through finally. We are going the baby led weaning route (no puree crap) of solid food like cooked veggie sticks, brocoli florets, roasted veg and so on. He feeds himself and basically is eating what we are eating. And loves it.

Here are a couple of pics from yesterday where he had his first taste of egg :)

A few from the past 6 months :)

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Life update

Postby Amanda » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:50 pm

Oh! Sherry ..I'm deeply sorry to read that. It's terrible :cry:

:goodman: Hope things will get better soon..and that it won't be too hard on you, your family or your animals in the meantime..but it will be hard..and I can't begin to imagine how you may feel right now..what I know is that you have this wonderfully beautiful baby and handsome husband..and you are all safe and sound.. All my support, girl. :hug: Just let me know if there's anything I can do for you.
Last edited by Amanda on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:07 am

Aww Sherry! How cute is your little guy! You're going to have to beat the girls away when he gets older... :wink:

I'm very sorry to hear about your home and the flood. If there's anything I can do drop me a message. In the meantime, I will be sending good vibes your way that the cleanup and recovery go fast.
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:50 am

I'm glad you and the animals are all ok, even if the house and such weren't so lucky. Lots of dry good luck and warm wishes going out your way, Sherry. I hope you're all home safe and sound sooner rather than later.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

dangerous person

Postby dangerous person » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:29 am

Thank goodness for your helpful neighbour! I hope you can get home soon, but at least you're all safe and dry now.
How gorgeous is Galen!!! Thanks for sharing your photos and enjoy your lovely baby :D
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"

H....

Postby H.... » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:36 pm

:shock:

:goodman:

I love the Galen at the computer photo. He looks viry lovely.
Throw us your potatoes!

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:00 pm

Oh, Sherry! So sorry to hear about the flood. I've been thru some natural disasters in the past and the one thing to always remember is "things" can be replaced but people can't. I'm just grateful that everyone(human and animal) made it ok.

As for Galen, what a cutie!! I just loved the 3rd pic down. His expression is priceless. :angelic:
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:01 am

Ditto what everyone has said, Sherry - floods suck. On a much smaller scale, my refrigerator flooded twice, and my office is right underneath. Luckily I caught it in time to save the electronics, but there was a lot of floor/carpet damage that has yet to be repaired. (I no longer use the water attachment on the fridge!) Your situation was so much more serious. Thank goodness you all are safe and sound. :bighug:

Love the adorable pics of Galen. So he's already working for you on the computer? :wink:

Do let us know if there's anything we can do. :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:22 pm

Thank you :)

Not got access to a computer for more than an hour or so a day atm and as I don't have my site files on this one then I cannot really update the main site easily and therefore am not posting news there until such time as I get a new compy. TBH other than filming stuff there isn't really much going on. Its mostly speculation and gossip. I am not really worried about posing trivial Conchords news like that as it can be read elsewhere easily enough.

Strange how the Conchords are now so mainstream they are mentioned in endless blogs, reviews and so on. Used to be near on impossible to find anything on them, now the interweb is overrun and there is not much excitement in reading near daily news on them.

Looking forward to season 2 at least. Am not really worried about keeping up with rumours as to what the series might contain however.

In house news, we are in this temp house for at least 3 more weeks while our house is dried out, redecorated and carpeted etc. I have an op this coming Friday and am not looking forward to being out of my own home for the recovery. Anyways, I'm quite enjoying the peace and quiet from all things Conchords at least. And loving spending time with my son. He turned 6 months a couple of weeks back and is growing so fast, he is not far off walking almost and is loving his food since we started baby led weaning a few weeks back.

Ok, my time is almost up so off to eat cheesecake and watch old episode of NCIS on TV. Then new drama with David Tennant starring!

H....

Postby H.... » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:07 pm

:prayer:
Hope that the op goes ok.

DT :tonqe:
Throw us your potatoes!

dangerous person

Postby dangerous person » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:56 pm

Yes good luck with the op and recovery. :goodman:

How good was that 'Einstein and Eddington'? Particularly I thought the British bits (and Tennant was GREAT, loved the whole gay thing as well, heartbreaking as well as restrained, very very british!!). The German bits with Einstein were less good, not sure why.....

Mr DP and I are watching Blackpool, which we missed when it was on TV, it is just brilliant!!! Love the constant eating by DT as well.
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:30 am

Our best wishes for your op and recovery, Sherry. Here's hoping your house is drying out as well. Did I see a picture of it posted a long time ago, with your horse poking its nose in the doorway?
I know you won't be answering this question anytime soon with your allotted internet time, just curious.
Good luck with everything, and if we can be of any help, let us know.
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Postby onewithdog » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:15 pm

Sorry to bump an old thread. I hope and assume things are straight for you Sherry.

That is awesome.
You should start a thread for Galen. And just let him hit the keys. I would respond to it.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:45 pm

onewithdog wrote:Sorry to bump an old thread. I hope and assume things are straight for you Sherry.

That is awesome.
You should start a thread for Galen. And just let him hit the keys. I would respond to it.

Thanks Scott. Yeah, we got back a few days before Christmas. It was soooooo bloody good to be home I can tell you. 6 weeks living in a strange house with a small baby are not fun. And never worry about bumping an old thread. I quite like seeing old topics come back to life after a rest. I just don't get the time these days to spend browsing like I used to. Not here, not the other forums and sites I frequent.

:lol: He loves the keyboard and any time he is on one of our laps his mission is to get to keyboard and thump away :roll: He's so strong its damn near impossible to stop him. I've given him my old keyboard and he whacks it but is very happy. Means I can type in peace.

Here are the others from that day :lol: He was sat on Max's lap at his computer and Max has two screens, one for him, one for Galen and pulls up all the patterns and stuff for him to watch as his music plays. Its too cute.

Gah enough of the Mummy me :doomed:

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:36 am

He is beyond cute Sherry! Mommy gush away! You deserve it. :)
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

Return to “Off topic rambles”