Twilight

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: Twilight

Postby LauraK » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:56 am

Gracie.....I love Snape. Much of that has to do with Alan Rickman. (Ok, probably 99%) I knew all along....what we all learned near the end of book 7 and I hate what he got for it.

The next book should be called: Harry Potter and the Return of Severus Snape! :lol:

He got a raw, raw deal. In my mind, he is not dead. Nothing was ever said about a portrait ever turning up in the headmaster's office.... You mean to tell me that a Potion's Master who worked closely with Voldemort and his snake wouldn't have some anti-venin, that he wouldn't have known how easily he could be killed by Voldy or the snake?? He's alive and that's all there is to it. :hrmpf:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:03 am

Oi! There's a HP thread! :D
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Gracie
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Gracie » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:15 am

I know this guy that really really REALLY likes Twilight. (And I'm pretty sure he's straight).

The whole portrait thing is strange to me. And I can't help thinking how could Snape stand being in a portrait (I know they can roam and stuff, but still). Yeah, Snape's death is a bit too convenient, but JK probably wanted him to have this honourable death to end his noble sacrifice. But I suppose his whole life was about protecting Harry for Lily's sake. And he did do that. I did like the scene though...staring into Harry's eyes. He was such a great character. But still, I wouldn't call my kid Albus Severus Potter.

I always imagine Snape meeting James and Lily (in the Wizarding world afterlife or whatever you'd call it). I try to imagine the words that would be exchanged.
La La La La

This is outrageous, this is contagious...So...futile.

Gracie

Postby Gracie » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:16 am

But Peaches, I want to sabotage the Twilight thread. :lol:
La La La La

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:17 am

Oh well in that case, carry on :lol:

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:24 am

You said HP first, thereby inviting this! :P
(Plus, like Gracie said- this does put the focus on the books you prefer, right?) :) ;)

But Snape didn't get a noble death! They left him on the floor of the Shrieking Shack! Nothing was said about a funeral or anything. Big deal, Harry named his kid after him. He deserved more. :hrmpf:
ImageImage

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:28 am

Yeah right on Laura! JK, I was not happy with you for that :evil:

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Gracie

Postby Gracie » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:55 am

I thought it was a noble death in the eyes of the reader. Well, he died for a noble cause - well if you believe Harry's life (oh and if you count on Harry saving the world) as a noble cause.

I agree that he deserved more. And Harry calling one of his kids after him, probably would have sickened Snape, knowing the man. But no one in Harry Potter gets the credit they deserve (except ultimately Harry and co.). Sirius Black's death was the saddest for me. He deserved it all, but sacrificed himseld far Harry (as everybody does). Fred's death was just arbitrary.

I would read Harry Potter and the Return of Severus Snape. Sounds fab. I hear a fan fiction coming on.
La La La La

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:00 am

In the end she just seem to go on a killing spree, it was like she couldn't be bothered explaining things, just kill em off.

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:22 am

Exactly! She took so much care to describe, describe, describe everything else and then the end was like a train hitting a wall. Over. It was as if she said "Finally! I'm at the end!" Then she thought "Oh here, have a bone...it's 19 yrs later and they lived happily ever after...." :|

Gracie, I've read fanfics whose ends were so much better than canon, lol! Pitiful, I know.... :oops:
ImageImage

Gracie

Postby Gracie » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:54 am

I thought the 7th book was surprisingly short (esp in comparison to the 4th, 5th and 6th!). She probably got tired. :D
I can't believe she killed Dobby or the Lupins etc. Too many to count. :lol: (I'm going back to spoilers now - I forgot in my last post. I was soooo peeved when people on public transport were yelling all the important info like only a few hours after the book was released. "Snape dies" and "Harry kills Voldermort" :evil: I was so mad.).

I don't think I've read any fanfiction. :hrm: My friends said she read a good Draco :heart: Hermione one! :roll2:
La La La La

Return to “Off topic rambles”