How to be the most beautiful girl in the room

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Re: How to be the most beautiful girl in the room

Postby Nancy » Tue May 11, 2010 2:04 am

I Googled best dark circle concealer and found this:

http://www.eyecreams.com/dark-circle-se ... 5QodoRRqfw

It got rave reviews, and the price is pretty reasonable. Tyra uses it!
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

jillbean
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby jillbean » Tue May 11, 2010 2:53 am

vmh wrote:I carry Benefit Ooh La Lift and Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil in my purse for dark circles. I'm not really impressed with the Benefit product but I like the U.D. product because it comes in stick form (portable). The texture is creamy, easy to apply and has good coverage. If you're getting a concealer just to use under the eyes, I think it's okay to go a shade lighter.

I love all of the U.D. products I have tried so far so I am going to give the concealer a try (I need to get a new pencil of "Lust" anyway!). :)

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Tue May 11, 2010 5:24 am

Yeah, I need to get a new pencil of lust also teeheeheeheehee

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue May 11, 2010 4:30 pm

We discussed the dark circles before. I haven't found a product that works well. If it's thick enough to cover it looks like thick cover up on your face. If it's light and airy it doesn't do the job. Luckily my dark circles are much improved since I've been on vitamin d so I guess that's what I'd recommend.
90% evil
ImageImage

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue May 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Actually I used to use bare escentuals in a lighter foundation color than what I use on the rest of my face and it works pretty well...dont know that it would work for the fairer skinned folks though....

Ideally, getting enough sleep, lowering stress, exercising, and eating right are about the best things you can do for dark circles...and vit d (or multivitamins) like SW suggested...

but of course who can do all that all the time... :? Not me.

Aimee
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Aimee » Tue May 11, 2010 5:01 pm

closet jemainiac wrote:Actually I used to use bare escentuals in a lighter foundation color than what I use on the rest of my face and it works pretty well...dont know that it would work for the fairer skinned folks though....

Ideally, getting enough sleep, lowering stress, exercising, and eating right are about the best things you can do for dark circles...and vit d (or multivitamins) like SW suggested...

but of course who can do all that all the time... :? Not me.

Yeah, I agree about the taking care of yourself stuff...Once I actually had the chance to do that for a couple days and it worked miracles!

But yeah, Bare Escentuals has a concealer called Well Rested. I have never tried it but it got good reviews...

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue May 11, 2010 11:21 pm

Thank you for reminding me - I've used Well-Rested, and I can't remember why I stopped using it. I must have just run out and never re-ordered it. It is a good product, though.

Adrian Arpel (HSN, Signature club A) has a pinwheel of concealers for different problem areas:
Purple for general
Orange for under eye makeup
Yellow for extra needed coverage spots (heavy zits, mouth wrinkles)
Anchorwoman Blue for undereye concealer

Some of these are also sold individually as well.

And as has been suggested, get your rest, eat right, and take care of yourself!
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Wed May 12, 2010 12:14 am

Oooh, I've head loads of good things about Vitamin D. And since I rarely get 15 minutes of full sun without sunblock I know it's highly likely that I'm not making enough of it. But I didn't know it helps with under the eyes as well. I've got a load of it right now and I'll have to start taking it again.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sun May 23, 2010 7:55 am

Ok, here's a CLASSIC "Genius that is Emily Moment". So a while back I was out of conditioner. I bought some at the store, got home and realize it was shampoo. Yesterday, Shelly and I are at Walmart and get some conditioner. I get into the shower, wash my hair and then go to put conditioner in it. We bought MORE shampoo. So, I think, we also bought some hair dye, I'll just use the conditioner out of the box. I grab the tube that reads "nourishing cream". I squirt some on my hand then start to rub it in my hair and the fumes are horrible! It was the activator bleach peroxide stuff! I rinse it out as soon as I can. Then I wash my hair AGAIN with shampoo to get the rest out. Then I find the actual conditioner from the box and use some of that. Now my hair feels like a Brillo pad.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Sun May 23, 2010 5:32 pm

Aw, jeez. I'd massage some warm olive oil into your hair and then gently shampoo it out. Or if you're near a Lush store, I love their Rehab shampoo.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon May 24, 2010 4:56 am

Lush! I'll always remember going to Lush with my daughter in London! Great stuff there. :thumb:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Mon May 24, 2010 6:33 am

oooh, olive oil is a very good idea I used to do that ages ago and didn't even think of it. I'll have to do that this week. we do have a Lush close by but the perfumes in there are so strong that I can hardly walk past.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Mon May 24, 2010 6:51 am

SW- How much Vitamin D are you taking? Are you doing the d3? Last week I took 1,200mg and this week I'm stepping it up toe 1,600. My mom insists that I should be taking 10 THOUSAND mg I just have the 400 mg tabs right now.

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Mon May 24, 2010 10:02 am

Thanks for the tips, girls :)

I'll definitely try the vit D. I have cod liver oil in the fridge but I always forget to take it (because it's discusting). If it'll get rid of the dark circles I'll definitely give it another go :) And I'll check out that concealer.

I have a hard time getting the right shade because my skin is sort of yellowish, like a pale, dull olive, and during summer it gets quite a lot darker. The only "concealer" I have found that worked 100% with my skin colour was actually a matt eyeshadow :worry:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon May 24, 2010 3:57 pm

There's a Lush store near my hotel in SF. I'll have to make a stop there because my hair feels super dry lately. Thanks for the tip!

Old topic brought back up. Sorry. :lol:

closet jemainiac wrote:holy crap! Ok Ive been wearing a 36b for most of my post pubescent life. Then I went up to a 36c and have been wearing that for a couple years...This site is telling me that I should be wearing a 34D!!!!! :shock:

I actually went down for a fitting finally and I too found out that my band size was smaller and my cup size was larger. :shock:

But then I tried on a few bras in my new size and looked at how everything looked under a t-shirt and compared it to how it looked with my old bra. Definitely an improvement!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Return to “Off topic rambles”