How to be the most beautiful girl in the room

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Emafer

Re: How to be the most beautiful girl in the room

Postby Emafer » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:19 am

Nancy- Mac has it's own stores. It's generally not available in cosmetics stores like Sephora. They also have counters in some department stores. On the West Coast it's in Nordstrom, here in Tennessee it's in Macy's.

I just did a ton of small theater and independent film from the ages of about 8 to 21. I grew up in Hollywood. I started studying make- up at 14.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:07 am

Very cool, E! :clap:

My hairdresser has become an Avon Lady so I've ordered a few of their things recently. I love their eye and lip pencils (sooo cheap!!), but I really love their Mark line - they've got great lipglosses and plumpers for bargain basement prices. I wasn't crazy about their mascaras, but they did have one interesting one with two brushes: one regular brush with regular mascara for top lashes, one with a tiny brush and waterproof mascara for the bottom. I used the tiny brush on my inside corner little lashes, and it made them look nice. Not a bad product for a very reasonable price.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:34 am

Nancy, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding MAC in a department store. They seem to have expanded into a lot of department stores over the past year or so. They were at Nordstrom and Belk's in North Carolina, even in Greensboro, which seemed to be the last place to get anything. You can probably check online through their site to see where the closest location for you is.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:25 am

Thanks, Indy. I'll check out online to find the store nearest me. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:47 am

That's good INfo Indy, I travel a lot and never like to be far from a MAC store.

Hey Nancy, did the mascara smudge on your bottom lashes? I stopped using it on my bottom lashes almost completely because even waterproof stuff smudges. I also have very long lashes that curl and touch my skin and when I put mascara on them it looks like I have fake eye lashes on. So unless I'm having photos taken I go without.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:22 am

No, E, I'm very lucky, I guess - I don't have much of a smudgy mascara problem.
But you are a rarity - a female with long lashes!It's usually guys like Bret that are blessed with long lashes, not girls. :eyelashes:

I'm guessing from your signature that you're a fellow redhead? With red lashes?
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:58 pm

I noticed Mac stores springing up in many malls around here this year and they have a counter in Macys.
90% evil
ImageImage

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:01 am

Nancy Hillner wrote:No, E, I'm very lucky, I guess - I don't have much of a smudgy mascara problem.
But you are a rarity - a female with long lashes!It's usually guys like Bret that are blessed with long lashes, not girls. :eyelashes:

I'm guessing from your signature that you're a fellow redhead? With red lashes?

Yep, I'm a read head, kind of an auburn. Oddly my lashes are pretty dark brown but my stupid eye brows are very blond. It's totally freakish. I have to color my eye brows just so it looks like I have something there. And when I haven't had time to color them I brush them in.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:36 am

I'm also a pencil-them-in gal. I keep my bangs long to hide my lack of brows. That's the one thing I lost when I was pregnant, and they've never grown back!!! :eyebrow:

Thanks for the Macy's info, SW. After the holidays when the mall becomes a ghost town, I'll have a look.
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:38 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:I'm also a pencil-them-in gal. I keep my bangs long to hide my lack of brows. That's the one thing I lost when I was pregnant, and they've never grown back!!! :eyebrow:
It could be worse, I know someone who lost her boobies when she was pregnant. Normally they get bigger but hers disappeared. :o
90% evil
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:46 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Eewwwww!!!
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:56 am

Nancy Hillner wrote:I'm also a pencil-them-in gal. I keep my bangs long to hide my lack of brows. That's the one thing I lost when I was pregnant, and they've never grown back!!! :eyebrow:

Thanks for the Macy's info, SW. After the holidays when the mall becomes a ghost town, I'll have a look.

When I was a little girl I had these thick luxurious eyebrows. But as a I went through puberty they thinned out and now what's left is mostly blond and light auburn. It's no not fair. And I have a very round pale face, I really NEED some eyebrows. I tried to do the bangs thing but they drove me nuts and now I'm growing them out again. I have curly hair so I had to straighten them all the time. And then after a day they looked greasy while the rest of my hair was fine. And then I'd work out and get sweaty and they would just be dripping. I dug the way the looked but not practical for moi.

Speaking of, I need a haircut sooooo badly. I haven't had it cut since April. And it looks it. The ends are dry and split and it's below my waist. Normally I'm one of those people that has such gorgeous hair that you just want to kick them. (Luckily I have horrible peely thin fingernails that keep me safe from envy crimes :D ) Lately I find myself trying to find ways to hide my hair because it's so dry that I"m embarrassed and feel unkempt. Maybe I can sneak into the salon next week and have a new cut for the New Year. It's just that I travel so much AND my stylist travels so much that trying to squeeze in time when she's in town is tough. (In theory I could force a pair of scissors into her hands and make her give me a hair cut while traveling but that could end up not so fashionable.)

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:38 am

Ohh, I've always wanted to have long hair, even just for a day!
I ended up getting way too many split ends (from elastics, shame on me! :tsk: ), so I always cut it after it got to a certain length. My last cut (just before Christmas) I chopped it short, around the ears, the way I wore it for years. I had recently grown it to jaw length, but no longer. So now we'll see how long this lasts before I grow it out a bit again.
But to have waist length hair - wow!!! :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:36 am

I haven't had a haircut since March, I don't think, and it's starting to drive me mad, but I keep putting off getting it cut, because I have to find a new hairstylist. I hate doing that. I had such a great woman before we moved. Still, my hair is getting too long and heavy and it just gives me a headache sometimes. It's down around the middle of my back and is such a pain to comb out after washing and to get it dry. It tangles like crazy.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:44 pm

I thought I was the only one who gets her hair cut infrequently. I just hate sitting in that chair. I had a problem the last few times with them not cutting it straight and having weird chunks hanging at different levels. They tell me it's hard to cut wavy hair which is ridiculous. My hair isn't even all that wavy (though when you put water to it it does wave up alot and then straightens as it dries). They always tell me I have enough hair for 3 people so sadly I could never wear the short styles that I like coz my hair would just be too puffy. It needs length to weight it down. I had a problem recently with the ends getting dry and fly away. I got a sample of this hot hair pomade when I was at the Brooklyn Flea in Oct http://australianscent.com/index.php?pgid=2 and it was tre fabulous. Now it's gone and I should really order some from the site but $28? :? *sigh* Maybe I'll use some of my Santa money and treat myself. :)
90% evil
ImageImage

Return to “Off topic rambles”