Holy cow, you guys are awesome. Nancy, I cannot believe you got No. 2. I am beyond impressed. Seriously, my brain is boggled that you got that.
Indy, I love that song, too. Such a sucker for S & G. La dah dah dah dah dah!
Val, you're on final warning for your impudence. Do it again, and I'll make you write lines, young lady.
Sully, come the Robot Revolution of the Year 2000, you may be spared. Surely knowing the 2001: A Space Odyssey theme tune counts for something, right?
DP, yes that will do. And yes, shouting out numbers IS rather amusing, isn't it? I like to do that when someone is trying to memorize a phone number. Very entertaining. Until they hurt me.
I'll add another one: No. 18 is 110. It's from 76 Trombones, from The Music Man:
"Seventy six trombones led the big parade
With a hundred and ten cornets close at hand.
They were followed by rows and rows of the finest virtuosos,
the cream of every famous band."
Oooh! It's getting tricky now! Can anyone get any more?
1) Subtract the year that held a great night for The Hollies from the one when Bryan Adams had the best days of his life (as per the songs).
2) A classic pastoral number multiplied by the number of people needed for a trout. 30
3) The Beatles' query on their geriatric care. 64
4) You could be feeling groovy on this street's bridge. 59
5) The object of Chuck Berry's affection.
6) Janis Ian's angst fixation. 17
7) The Love Potion. 9
8 ) The house number on Mount Pleasant Street in this "climatic" song. 57
9) It is said to be the highway that's the best. 66
10) This many interrogations for half a dollar.
11) Wilson Pickett, Tina Turner and Otis Redding are just some of the people eager for you to call this number.
12) "Also Sprach Zarathustra" is better known as the theme to what? 2001
13) How many vestal virgins were leaving for the coast in 1967? 16
14) How many ways could you leave your lover? 50
15) Take that many love songs.
16) Radiohead's (incorrect) calculation result.
17) The year of the US capital's mining disaster.
18) The number of cornets who were second in the parade. 110
19) Add together Bob's wet weather females from the 1960s.
20) How many seconds in the album title from this "remedial" band?
.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.