Pets, pets and more pets

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:17 am

Kate wrote:
Gayle wrote:We call ours Carpet Cattle. One of our cats, Mr. Moto, weighs 23 lbs. Next week I am having him fitted for a saddle. I figure I can ride him to work.

23 pounds? Your cat weighs 5 pounds more than my dog! :shock:

:lol:

Yup. 23 lbs. I am continually surprised he doesn't have antlers. I will try to post a photo tomorrow!
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

kneedragger
Half a shapely halibut

Postby kneedragger » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:01 am

indigo_jones wrote:Yeah, the only part I don't like are the snakes. We had a black snake on our back deck this summer, and a copperhead in the front yard. I just really don't like snakes at all, so I'd prefer not to have either, even though one is safe and the other is not generally deadly.

We get a lot of copperheads around here. Last month I had to go up the hill and rescue one of my nieces from a big, black Timber Rattler that had placed itself outside her back door, rattlin away.

We have two dogs-Sonic and Bubba (must be one of those Southern dawgs), a cat named Milo, and a hedgehog named Bob-although we think it should be Roberta ( It's kind of hard to tell). We did have some chickens, but the coyotes ate them.

If I had the room. I'd have cows and horses and anything else I could fit.

Sean
"What kind of rapping name is STEVE!"

/me
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby /me » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:35 am

Editing a pet magazine sounds like a blast, and I love Carpet Cattle. lol! Too funny.
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

Sherry
Professional Blonde

You ready for this?

Postby Sherry » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:07 pm

Hehehe. I had been thinking of a pet thread or pics or something. Glad someone posted this.

Now, rather a lot of animals mill around here. Not all of them mine, some shared I guess you could say. I am lucky to live on the end of a big old farmhouse :) I'll show you the animlas here and also my house, with its couple of acres of orchard and paddock for a back garden :)

Bowie (left) and Daisy (right) I've not named the blue ball yet.
If I did it would probably be 'Spot'

Bowie - Now 12 and still sprightly. A rescue dog about 8
years ago now. Best doggy companion I have ever kept.

Daisy - also answers to 'You cow!' (after Daisy the cow :P )
and 'Arghhhhhhhhh' and other assorted names of affection!
She is a tart :P

Tickle the cat. Not literally, its her name :lol:

Chickens lining up at the trough/bar. The cockerel is
called Henry, I just call all the others 'Ladies'!

Latest arrivals - baby chicklets and proud parents

More of the same. Polly (left) chicks and Herbert (far right)

Another cute chick pic :lol:

Dropping by for breakfast at my kitchen door

Patrick the horse sleeping under the apple tree out back of the house

And last but no least, Bertie (by door) and Milly drop by for a carrot

Its bliss living here. Especially in summer time. I just love having the doors open and the animals wandering in and out, and walking past. Keeps me company.

I could post more, but I think I have enough to be going on with for now :P

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:19 pm

Wow! I am green with envy, Sherry. That's the dream, right there! I also live in a farm house, about 130 years old, but it's in Cincinnati and there are no chickens... yet.

I am trying to find a good photo of my beasts, but the scanner isn't hooked up and I am too lazy at the moment...

The two big Cedars in front of the house in the second photo are gone, as will be the great concrete plank in the front next spring.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:40 pm

Sherry, I love your pictures! The ones with the horses at the door are wonderful!

Gayle, your house looks lovely. Our house is relatively new -- 1985 or so, but we like the modern design. So while we have a modern looking house, it's in a fairly rural setting, so we get the best of both worlds. There's a large horse farm just down the street from us, so we see the horses and cows on an almost daily basis when we drive past. Across the street from the farm is another house that has two horses, and a few streets over, there's a house that keeps some ponies. So there's no real shortage of horses in this neighborhood. Of course, when the trees are in full bloom, it feels like we're living in the jungle, because our house is surrounded by trees, blocking our view of any other neighbors except for the ones across the street. It's quite nice.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:44 pm

Gayle wrote:
I am trying to find a good photo of my beasts, but the scanner isn't hooked up and I am too lazy at the moment...

Bwahahaha. My so very bad :shock:

I read the quoted line as

I am trying to find a good photo of my breasts, but the scanner isn't hooked up and I am too lazy at the moment...

You can imagine where my mind went for a second lol :roll2:

And great pics, lovely house. Looks wonderful :D

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:03 pm

Sherry wrote:
Gayle wrote:

Bwahahaha. My so very bad :shock:

I read the quoted line as

I am trying to find a good photo of my breasts, but the scanner isn't hooked up and I am too lazy at the moment...

You can imagine where my mind went for a second lol :roll2:

:rolls:

And great pics, lovely house. Looks wonderful :D

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:26 am

Here is my baby, Archimedes (Medes for short). Rescued from the humane society. He has quite the personality. He has laryngitis right now. Won't stop meowing so it hasn't gone away. Meows come out as a sort of rasp.
And another
And this is Puff, the family cat. He is 17 and is getting kind of decrepit.
The family also has a dog, but I don't have any digitals of him. Beagle mix. Very boring. :wink:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

specialkay

Postby specialkay » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:58 am

Sherry, your place is just heavenly! and andria your babies are adorable too.
Gayle your place is a great looking farmy kind of place too! and you said you are near the city? WOW, that's nice!
Knee dragger, I am glad you were there to save your neice from the Timber Rattler! Geez, those things will kill a kid quick! My 6 year old is a cub scout and I just assisted them on a snake safety course a few weeks ago...and while we were out in the woods, there was a snake! One of the Scout Masters yells out, It's okay, Its a Good snake"...I am like, Yeah, RIGHT! :lol: I have a snake picture that a friend got a few weeks back when the hurricane came through of a rattler that weighed 115 or so lbs, :lol: you prob don't wanna see that though right? :wink:
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)
~KAREN~

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:03 am

Oh, Andria, Archimedes is adorable! I'm such a sucker for black cats (obviously)! He reminds me of my friend's cat, Corduroy, a big fluffy thing! I've spent the past few days working on a variety of products aimed for the black cat lovers in the world. There seem to be a lot of us, so I'm hoping it will be successful.

Kneedragger and specialkay, more power to you for dealing with snakes at all. I got the chills just watching the "good" black snake slithering all over our bbq this summer, from the safety of our family room. *twitches* The guy who cuts our grass is the one who told us we had copperheads. He found a baby one that had most likely been flung out while he was edging. I pretty much avoided our yard for most of the summer after that! I love animals in general, but just can't abide herptiles, even after years of editing articles about them. Blech. It didn't help that about a week after we found out about the copperheads, I noticed a huge hornets nest in one of the bushes next to the house. It squicked me out to no end!

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Postby onewithdog » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:51 am

BUDDYLOVE!!

Rescued in 01 by me. He is 4 and extreamly awesome!
lol

He is a good egg.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:53 pm

Oh, he's adorable! Welcome to both of you!

Our dog is half shepherd, but it seems to be the rear half! From behind, he looks like a shepherd, from the front he looks like a pit bull.

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:30 pm

Welcome, one! And welcome Buddylove!

All these animal pics are so wonderful. I just love them all!

specialkay

Postby specialkay » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:07 pm

Why, One! Your avvy looks just like someone I saw last night on the tele... :lol: hmmm...could that be you? :wink:
Welcome to you hun and your awesome friend. I had one just like him growing up named justly...Sampson! He rocked :supz:

BTW, your avitar is way cool too :wink:
"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)

~KAREN~

Return to “Off topic rambles”