Happy New Year!

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Happy New Year!

Postby Val2150 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:17 pm

Though I guess it's already the 1st for the Aussies and Kiwis out there, just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year! :partyman:

Has anyone made any resolutions for the upcoming year?
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Re: Happy New Year!

Postby ASmallTurnip » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:46 pm

Happy New Year, my darlings!

I'm currently two glasses of champagne into the evening, there are people cooking up a storm in the kitchen (roast beef and Yorkshire pud for twelve of us), the cat has gone AWOL, and my mother is singing camp songs on the other side of the living room. Issh great. Chaos, but great. I need more booze.

This year, I resolve to practice my ukulele for fifteen minutes every day, and to eat dim sum at least once a month. And to floss my teeth more. I always forget to floss. It's so boring. That's about it. Earnest, heart-felt resolutions are for the birds. Frivolity wins every time with me.

Okay, I must go put the potatoes in the oven to roast. And try not burn myself, like I usually do. And then drink some more fizzy stuff, because it's been at least ten minutes since my last and I'm getting awwwwwwfully thirsty.

Stay safe and warm out there, sweet ones! See you on the other side!

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

Val2150

Postby Val2150 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:59 pm

Aww, tipsy Turnip! :wink: I plan to do the same this evening, except with some yummy New Zealand wine. :)

My resolutions are to get back to the gym this year, and to get out of the house more! I feel like my social life has disappeared and left me in the dust this year, so it's time to change all that. :)
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:38 pm

Val2150 wrote:Though I guess it's already the 1st for the Aussies and Kiwis out there, just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year! :partyman:

Has anyone made any resolutions for the upcoming year?

Yes- Never to make a resolution! I've done it for years now and have never broken my resolution!! Yeah me! :angelic:

asmallturnip wrote:I'm currently two glasses of champagne into the evening, there are people cooking up a storm in the kitchen (roast beef and Yorkshire pud for twelve of us), the cat has gone AWOL, and my mother is singing camp songs on the other side of the living room. Issh great. Chaos, but great. I need more booze.

I don't blame the cat, they have better things to do than watch us silly humans getting drunk. I can see all the neighborhood cats sitting around, complaining all their humans have gone completely mad. "They disappear all day, come back and act a fool. You can't train the for nothing- I always have to remind them to feed me. I have a good mind to go and find a new human if they don't shape up....yadayadayada " :whistle:

It's still light here but the seal on the vodka bottle has been breached. It was New Year hours ago down under and as my favorite saying goes- "It's cocktail time somewhere in the world!"

Have a great New Year everyone!!
:nana: :whitey: :partyman: :partyman: :whitey: :whitey: :nana: :whitey:
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

Great H

Postby Great H » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:39 pm

YIS! It's morning! HAPPY NEW YEAR! Woo! :cheer:
It's a stinking hot day already - time to go out and get me some sunburn! :lol:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:16 am

Yeah, yeah GH hit the crystal blue beach under the crystal blue skies with your ukulele and jandals already would ya? Seriously though stop making us jealous! Don'tcha know it's zero degrees with the windchill in these parts? Waaaahhhh! :tears: Good reason to cuddle up with a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale wouldn't you agree? :D :drinkers: Damn this beer is delish and since I'm off wine (made me Seriously. F'd. Up) it's a good thing, sadly, I only have one. I saw the New Year's Auckland thingamabob shooting off fireworks and honking obnoxiously and posted it on the kiwi thread. It didn't exactly outshine the Aussie harbor extravaganza but those guys are a bunch of cocky A holes descended from retarded monkeys so....
90% evil
ImageImage

Great H

Postby Great H » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:39 am

Yeah, we keep it pretty low-key here! :lol:

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:22 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

(We've still got about 2 1/2 hours to go :waiting:

Yes, GH, we're jealous of your weather, what with 7" of snow and windchills of as bad as -20 tonight! :shock: (Yes, that's minus 20 degrees!!! ) :nails:

I subscribe to TV's Make No Resolutions philosophy. I used to make all the regular ones, but after failing constantly at keeping them, I said enough!!! I guess I'll just work at being a more patient, understanding person, and if I succeed even a bit, everyone around me will be happier!!! :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:22 am

I would have posted sooner, but I just got home. :partyman:

Nah, not really, but I did have a great evening. We had our annual lasagna feast before heading over to our local for a private party and enough fireworks to give Sydney a run for its money. Seriously! All the fireworks going off here in town were all done by individuals, rather than anything officially organized, but it all seriously rivaled the official fourth of July fireworks I've seen in the past. Lots of fun, no one (at least in our vicinity) got hurt, and by the time we went home around two or so (had to check on the animals to make sure they were ok after all the bangs and booms), the sky was still thick with smoke from all of the fireworks. Quite a display!

May 2009 bring joy and peace and prosperity to all!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:58 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:I subscribe to TV's Make No Resolutions philosophy. I used to make all the regular ones, but after failing constantly at keeping them, I said enough!!! I guess I'll just work at being a more patient, understanding person, and if I succeed even a bit, everyone around me will be happier!!! :nod:

You got that right.
Your only setting yourself up for failure by making a resolution. This way, I can ring out an old year with my dignity! :worry:
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:31 pm

New Year's Eve was pretty fun here. 3 butterscotch martinis + 2 fuzzy navels (that are about 70% fuzzy part and 30% navel part) + Wii Tennis & Bowling = 1 good time!!

But in Philly, it's really all about New Years Day... :wink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeZSM5e9WdU
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:40 pm

What the... :rolls: :roll2:
90% evil
ImageImage

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:47 am

SheWolf wrote:What the... :rolls: :roll2:

Laugh away! But you haven't seen anything until you've seen 2 slightly inebriated, competitive tennis players going at it on the virtual court. :wink: :lol:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:13 am

Sorry, I meant what the re: the youtube clip. :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:25 am

SheWolf wrote:Sorry, I meant what the re: the youtube clip. :lol:

Aaaaahhh... Well, that my friend, is the Mummers, specifically the string bands (which most Philadelphians will tell you are the best part anyway). They are uniquely Philadelphia. :D

Return to “Off topic rambles”