Other Things You Find Funny

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Emafer

Re: Other Things You Find Funny

Postby Emafer » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:30 pm

Roll in zee hay roll in zee hay :D

VaiVedrai
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby VaiVedrai » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:31 am

Inga! I liked the vivacity of her character, but Madeline Kahn's high-maintenance character was a riot. You can't even shake her hand, much less hug that one. :roll2:
And then there's Spaceballs.
"I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."
Cracks me up every time.
If you don't know the answer, change the question.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:27 am

Taffeta, darling!

He must have an enormous schweinstukker!

Young Frankenstein is a massive favorite in our house. As you can imagine, when we watch a soccer match with Schweinsteiger playing, that one line gets used a lot.

Blazing Saddles is another long-time favorite. So hysterical and so quotable! Lilly von Schtupp was fantastic! We start singing "I'm Tired" when our dog lies around looking exhausted after a long walk -- or a long nap. :lol:

Thanks to the musical comedy program that was on BBC the other night, I've been finding old Tom Lehrer clips and really enjoying them.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby poptartgirl » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:31 am

My favorite Madeline Kahn moment is from History of the World Part 1.

The clip says it all really :lol: : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6eTTaY1a6M
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:01 am

Now for something completely different.....

Next Sunday, Comedy Central is showing all day the top stand ups(they are not listed-so I assume it's a surprise!). Topping off the night with the latest Katt Williams. I think he is one of the funniest stand ups I've seen in ages.
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Postby onewithdog » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:10 am

Ron and Fez make me laugh out loud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcerMR143t4

The jolly man with the high pitched voice (Fez <3) doesnt like Big A. But hypnosis does some strange things to people

tvldiva wrote:Now for something completely different.....

Next Sunday, Comedy Central is showing all day the top stand ups(they are not listed-so I assume it's a surprise!). Topping off the night with the latest Katt Williams. I think he is one of the funniest stand ups I've seen in ages.

Katt Williams Pimp Chronicles are really really funny.

*explicit*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h1euQKJsr4

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:09 am

onewithdog wrote:
tvldiva wrote:Now for something completely different.....

Katt Williams Pimp Chronicles are really really funny.

*explicit*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h1euQKJsr4

The show on Sunday is from his latest tour, It's Pimping, Pimping. Yeah, explicit might be an understatement. Since it's on Comedy Central, it may be edited a bit. :worry: I usually don't like really explicit comedy like this but there is something about Katt Williams that just cracks me up.
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:38 am

I caught up on a couple of episodes of 30 Rock last night and it is just so stinking funny. I feel like I should sit there with a not pad so I can write down and remember are the ridiculous stuff they say. I was in tears a couple of times because I was laughing to hard.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:53 am

I wrote about this on another thread, but it belongs here. I was flipping through HBO late the other night, and I came upon Mystery Science Theatre 3000, or MST3K, as we used to lovingly call it. I cannot believe how incredibly funny it was! I was constantly laughing at their witty comments. What a delight! If you happen upon it, I highly recommend you give it a look. :roll2:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:39 am

I haven't seen it in ages but it alwasy used to crack me up.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:59 pm

Oh I have such fond memories of MST being on at 9am Sundays and my BF & I so looked forward to it and would lounge on the couch laughing hysterically. You can rent them but there are SO many and some of the good ones are hard to find. I think my fave was a film where they were near a beach and there was a hypnotist that kept saying "SLEEP, SLEEP." If anyone knows which ep that was I'd appreciate it. :lol:

I like 30 Rock alot but I think it's lacking a bit this season. I'm kind of tiring of Tina Fey coz her character is starting to remind me Julia Louis Dreifus' in the New Adventures of Old Christine. It's sort of cringeworthy. Alec Baldwin & Tracey Morgan are the main draws for me.
90% evil
ImageImage

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:47 pm

SheWolf wrote:
I like 30 Rock alot but I think it's lacking a bit this season. I'm kind of tiring of Tina Fey coz her character is starting to remind me Julia Louis Dreifus' in the New Adventures of Old Christine. It's sort of cringeworthy. Alec Baldwin & Tracey Morgan are the main draws for me.

I haven't seen Old Christine but I've heard it's good.

Alec Baldwin is GENIUS!!! GENIUS!!!! That episode where he went into how the Massachusetts board of education designated him a "Class A Moron" was beyond hilarious! The whole story and how he delivered it was award winning!

And Tracy Morgan, oh my God when Jack tried to get him to support the Republican and he yells "I LOVE STATES RIGHTS!" I was in tears! And then a couple of weeks ago when he was convinced that his sons were going to "Menendez" him hahahahahahahahahaha. That show, by far, has some of the most clever writing I have seen since I can't remember when.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:04 pm

I use one of Tracey's lines all the time "Anticipate me!" :lol:

I used to like New Christine but after awhile it was just all about her getting herself into more extreme embarrassing situations and I don't find funny.
90% evil
ImageImage

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:18 pm

SheWolf wrote:I use one of Tracey's lines all the time "Anticipate me!" :lol:

I LOVE it!

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:54 pm

My first love when it comes to humour was definitely Monty Python! I might have been 10 when I saw the Hollywood Bowl show and it blew me away. After that I rented all the Flying Circus-episodes from my local video shop, and the films as well. Apparently it is a nerd-like quality to be able to recite their skits but "nobody enjoys a good skit more than I do" so I don't care :D

I also love Black Adder, Ab Fab, Red Dwarf (the early years), Vicar of Dibley, French and Saunders, Coupling, Green Wing and Peep Show (can't wait to see S06) :) One great show to come out of the US is 30 rock. Alec Baldwin is pure genius in that!
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

Return to “Off topic rambles”