FotC Isnt the Only Thing on TV

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Emafer

Re: FotC Isnt the Only Thing on TV

Postby Emafer » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:46 am

I was JUST going to ask y'all if you've seen it yet. My girlfriend Shelly said it was relaly good and I'm just checking it out right now.

eejm
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby eejm » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Is anyone else watching The Pacific on HBO? Excellent stuff. Similar to Band of Brothers (naturally), but it seems the tone will be a bit more personal with this series. Very impressed with the first episode last night.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:58 pm

I loved Band of Brothers, but I missed The Pacific last night. Thankfully, it'll be played all week long, so thanks for recommending it, eejm - I plan on catching it.

I just found out that one of my cast members in Alice has Asperger's. My niece is a teacher at the middle school where we're doing the show, and when I asked her if the student had Asperger's, she said yes. I'm so glad I have the folks here and Parenthood to help with questions I may have.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:01 pm

Nancy, I was thinking of you - there was this great documentary on Scott Hamilton coming back at 51! for a skating exhibition and the trials in his life and even just what he had to do to get himself in skating shape. It's called "Scott Hamilton: Return to the Ice" or something like that and is on the Bio channel. Very inspiring.
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:12 pm

Thanks, MM - I'll be on the lookout for it.
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:10 am

Britain, Britain, Britain! MAN how much do I LOVE little Britain! Ok but Modern Family is still my fave. It's just genius! I watch each episode several times. But I've been watching Little Britain again too.

Carol

Postby Carol » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:26 am

Parenthood is wonderful! At least, so far.

I just found out that LauraK also watches American Pickers! I thought I was the only one!!

(I've been away, so if that's been discussed, sorry! :oops: )

This is an after-thought and goes against the grain of this thread, but is Psyche off the air? I certainly hope so!

eejm

Postby eejm » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:17 am

On American Pickers, the office manager-ish girl, Danielle, is my childhood friend. :) She lived two doors down from me for years.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:17 am

This is the first I've heard of American Pickers - when is it on, and what channel?
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Carol

Postby Carol » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:55 pm

That's so cool that you know Danielle, eejm! She keeps those boys in line, doesn't she?

American Pickers is about two guys (Mike and Frank) who go around the country searching for "treasures". They visit junk yards and then refurbish what they find and sell it. (Sometimes they re-sell without having to refurbish.) They "pick" what they want to buy, hence, the name of the show.

To be honest, I don't know what time it comes on or what station. I've had it set to record for so long that I can't remember. :hrm: LauraK may know. I'll check though.

eejm

Postby eejm » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:56 pm

It's on the History Channel, but I'm not sure what day or time.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Thanks for the info on that - I'll try to catch it and look for Danielle. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Carol

Postby Carol » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:42 am

Thanks for posting that. I've been downstairs all day semi-watching March Madness, but did look to see that I recorded it from the History channel.

It's on tomorrow and Monday, but both are repeats. Maybe the season's over? IDK Still, repeats will be new to you, Nancy, since you haven't seen it! :wink:

eejm

Postby eejm » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:30 pm

I've become a total sucker for 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom on MTV. I'm completely out of their demographic, but I find fascinating (and pretty sad) that to so many teenagers, getting pregnant or getting someone pregnant simply never occurred to them. I know that mistakes do happen, but how many of those kids said, "Oh, we never used any birth control" and then seemed genuinely surprised that they ended up pregnant? I was absolutely convinced at that age that I'd get pregnant or get a disease (or probably both) if I had sex.

Kudos to the teens that are making it work. Hopefully this will also get kids to really think about either using birth control diligently or delaying sex for awhile.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:45 pm

Jeez. I though American Pickers was about guitarists! But I guess they could be trash-pickers, too.

eejm, I was the same way. And when I actually got to that, erm, place, I was very careful.

Anyway.
A great show I stumbled across on TVOne - Unsung. It's like Behind the Music, but it's all about soul and R&B acts that had commercial success but were underrated for one reason or another. Minnie Riperton, Shalamar, Florence Ballard, Zapp, Teena Marie those are the ones I've seen. And they have Sylvester and Rose Royce coming up. I'm in music geek heaven - they have all these great old Soul Train clips, japanese videos, radio interviews. And the big names come out to be on camera - Snoop Dogg, Berry Gordy, Smoky Robinson, Quincy Jones (I'm looking at you Nancy:D).

It's really music geek heaven. The Sylvester one has the Weather Girls and the Pointer Sisters showing up, according to the blurb on the TV One site - could there be a RuPaul appearance?!?!?!

Anyway, a whole big hour of squeee for me. :supz:
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

Return to “Off topic rambles”