10 Things About You

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
jillbean
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: 10 Things About You

Postby jillbean » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:15 am

Emafer wrote:OK, I thought of a good one today.

I have a photo of my tonsils from after they removed them from my throat. I've had it for over 20 years and am considering finding it and scanning it and making it my facebook profile pic hahahaha. Let's all just thank God there is too much snow to motivate me to tromp out to my parent's shed.

Emafer, this is both random and hilarious! I double dog dare ya!

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:22 am

jillbean wrote:

I have a photo of my tonsils from after they removed them from my throat. I've had it for over 20 years and am considering finding it and scanning it and making it my facebook profile pic hahahaha. Let's all just thank God there is too much snow to motivate me to tromp out to my parent's shed.

If the snow melts down a bit in the next couple of days then you're on! Ahahahahah, this totally reminds me of Fight Club: "I am Jacks bleeding heart" except "I am Em's enlarged tonsils" hahahahahahaha

jillbean

Postby jillbean » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:42 am

Emafer wrote:
jillbean wrote:

If the snow melts down a bit in the next couple of days then you're on! Ahahahahah, this totally reminds me of Fight Club: "I am Jacks bleeding heart" except "I am Em's enlarged tonsils" hahahahahahaha

We may need to become FB friends so I can see this, or you can post it somewhere here!

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:49 am

I'll make you a deal. I'll post it when you get YOUR tonsillectomy pic :D

jillbean

Postby jillbean » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:51 am

Emafer wrote:I'll make you a deal. I'll post it when you get YOUR tonsillectomy pic :D

You just don't want to go out in the snow. :lol:

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:59 am

I so don't. I haven't as much as stepped onto the porch all day.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:40 pm

The snow in melting......

julia.sadie
New arrival

Postby julia.sadie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:34 am

poptartgirl wrote:1) I'm another person that doesn't enjoy spending that much time chatting on the phone. I think that mostly comes from working in a call center for over 10 years :lol:

Wow, ten years in a call center? That must be like a record for the call center industry. Nowadays, mass turnovers happen every year. I guess your company must've been doing something right, then.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:09 pm

I've tried to write a reply to this about 23 times now. Each time I get so far and then get distracted by something or run out of time and never get to finish. Now is time to rectify that :type:

1 - I used to play french horn, double bass, classical guitar, all the recorders, self taught myself the piano, violin and a few other instruments. I had a classical music edication growing up and performed at the Bristol Colston Hall when I was 12 and 13. I turned down the chance of a couple of musical scholarships to remain with my friends at the senior school in our town.

2 - We once took in a stray cat and called it Samuel Lodge.

3 - I worked in HIV and AIDS care for a number of years back in the time people thought they could catch it and die if they shook your hand.

4 - I used to want to foster children, not have my own.

5 - I don't break for pheasants.

6 - I've rugby tackled a sheep and won.

7 - I've injected myself with cow vaccine. In the pouring freezing rain, vaccinating over 100 cattle, making up 3 injections from one vial. Stood knee high in mud while cattle were in the holding pen and cattle crush. One escaped, went over the side of the crush and nearly squashed me. I had to leap over a 5 ft fence, while stuck in mud and needle stuck into hand.

8 - When living in Amsterdam I once had a famous Dutch actor chat me up one evening and ask me out. I didn't have a clue who he was, enjoyed his company but told him I wasn't interested and walked away. Much to the horror of my friends who would have all said yes apparently. He was considered a bit of a hottie.

9 - I cannot say the word 'anesthetist'. Epic fail every time.

10 - I've held someone in my arms as they died.

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:30 pm

Sherry wrote: I've tried to write a reply to this about 23 times now. Each time I get so far and then get distracted by something or run out of time and never get to finish.
Same here!

Sherry wrote:5 - I don't break for pheasants.
:lol: Does it come up much?

Sherry wrote:6 - I've rugby tackled a sheep and won.

7 - I've injected myself with cow vaccine. In the pouring freezing rain, vaccinating over 100 cattle, making up 3 injections from one vial. Stood knee high in mud while cattle were in the holding pen and cattle crush. One escaped, went over the side of the crush and nearly squashed me. I had to leap over a 5 ft fence, while stuck in mud and needle stuck into hand.
Clearly you're hanging around with the wrong crowd! :chick:

Sherry wrote:
10 - I've held someone in my arms as they died.
:(
That sort of happened to me, but it was a dog. It's something I'd not want to relive though.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:45 am

Sherry and Suzy, me too! I had taken 3 hours one time to type it all out, and of course timed out by the time I tried to preview it. Thanks for the incentive to tackle it again.

I am truly impressed with your musical background, Sherry. I wish I could play any of those instruments. By the time I started trying to learn piano for Music Ed in college, my brain was so far ahead of my fingers I just became discouraged.

Speaking of AIDS and the fear of holding hands, a friend of mine who was one of the first to suffer from AIDS, David Somers, was on Phil Donahue and the most important information he gave the audience was that he could actually hug AIDS avtivist Dr Mathilde Krum, and she wouldn't get infected and die.

I didn't hold someone in my arms as they died, but I did hold my Uncle's hand as he passed on.

So I'll go off and finally create my list of ten things.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:29 pm

SuzyBatt wrote:
Sherry wrote: I've tried to write a reply to this about 23 times now. Each time I get so far and then get distracted by something or run out of time and never get to finish.
Same here!

Sherry wrote:5 - I don't break for pheasants.
:lol: Does it come up much?

It used to all the time when I was living rural. We had numerous pheasant shoots round our way and certain times of the year you could not go 100 yards without running one over. I do drive slower but they are such stupid birds and have no instinct that car = roadkill so just run out in front of it even if they are safe at the side of the road. Its really not worth the damage to my car to slow down or stop suddenly for a pheasant only to get rear ended by the car behind and have major crash damage (yes I've seen that happen). So alas they are roadkill if they get in my way.

SuzyBatt wrote:
Sherry wrote:6 - I've rugby tackled a sheep and won.

Clearly you're hanging around with the wrong crowd! :chick:

I was back then :lol: All 1500 of them. Once one got past you the flock would follow so facing down that one rogue sodding ewe was never fun. And often painful :| Farming is a hard life, let no one tell you otherwise :lol: But very worth it :D

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:21 am

I have a hard enough time herding one of my cats when she gets into the back garden! :lol:
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Return to “Off topic rambles”