10 Things About You

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Re: 10 Things About You

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:58 am

I like the blowhole....did the dolphin mind you touching it?
It's a psychological analogy

eejm
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby eejm » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:17 pm

Emafer wrote:
eejm wrote:I did this on Facebook not too long ago, so I'll share 25 things about me:

1. I’ve walked across the Mississippi River several times, the last time being in 2000.

Why? What were the occasions? Do you live in a town on the river. I mean, it would probably be fairly easy for me to walk across the bridge into Arkansas but it's really windy up there.

Emafer, I actually did grow up in a town on the Mississippi (in Iowa), but it's much too deep and wide to wade across there. I waded across the Mississippi at its source in Itasca State Park in Minnesota. It's about knee deep there and only about 10 feet across. :) My grandparents used to take us there fairly often.

We also spread their ashes their at their request. (But don't tell anyone, because it's not really legal. :D)

I've been an insomniac since I was a kid too! It's partly due to anxiety/depression, partly because I'm a complete and total night owl with a day job. Left to my own devices, I stay up until the wee hours of the morning and sleep until noon.

Bad Atom, my husband once stole towels from an indoor waterpark, just because he thought we were totally being screwed on the price of the room. The towels he stole were total crap, but we still use them.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:19 pm

eejm wrote:
Emafer, I actually did grow up in a town on the Mississippi (in Iowa), but it's much too deep and wide to wade across there. I waded across the Mississippi at its source in Itasca State Park in Minnesota. It's about knee deep there and only about 10 feet across. :) My grandparents used to take us there fairly often.

I've been an insomniac since I was a kid too! It's partly due to anxiety/depression, partly because I'm a complete and total night owl with a day job. Left to my own devices, I stay up until the wee hours of the morning and sleep until noon.

That so interesting about the Mississippi, I didn't know that.

Yeah, I have the whole anxiety/ depression thing and am a TOTAL night owl.

kikiexpress
Giving the paper to the people

Postby kikiexpress » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:03 pm

DangerMouse wrote:
kikiexpress wrote:4. I love animation in every way :D I love cartoons and I watch some old 90s cartoons, early 2000s,

Thank you for making me feel old :P Off to go grab my walker now... :lol: Do you like Nicktoons ? My fave had to be 'Rockos Modern Life' especially before the powers that be paid attention to them (aka: eating at the Chokey Chicken..)

Yeah i love Nicktoons when I was a kid and I still do :D
And Ozpot that's really cool that you draw everday. My drawing skills are not so good but I still do it anyway when I feel inspired by something I saw in animation.
Also vmh if you need any help at all tracking some down I would love to help :)
ImageImageImage
We are one heart, one mind, one soul.
-Quote of my life

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:54 pm

biscuit wrote:
kellysouthpaw wrote:Biscuit - "Pig and Whistle" - is that some place in England? I think my Uncle has been there. I SHOULD have a picture of it here somewhere *digs*

It's a pub;) Do you really have a picture or are you having a laugh? I didn't know there even existed a real one :)

Sorry I dug this up from way back when, everyone - but I wasn't just having a laugh at your expense, biscuit, I actually thought there was a pub called Pig and Whistle cause I thought my Uncle had sent me a picture of the sign after he got back from London several years back.

Did some digging and this is what I was thinking of:

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:02 pm

That's really cool :D The snooty pig. Good name for a pub:) (Better than 'Free The Pedos' :lol:)

I think snooty pig would also be a good name to call someone. It has a nice ring to it :)
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:05 pm

biscuit wrote:That's really cool :D The snooty pig. Good name for a pub:) (Better than 'Free The Pedos' :lol:)

I think snooty pig would also be a good name to call someone. It has a nice ring to it :)

Pedo means fart in Spanish. Free the Farts? :shock:
Image Image

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:08 pm

Nah, it was just a silly joke from Peep Show :wink:

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:56 am

About the dolphin thing, look, I was 13, a little bit curious... I don't want to talk about it anymore. :oops:

:D

As for being "Known But Not Wanted", I was filming a video outside a church at 1AM and apparently that's considered trespassing. (Who knew?) I'm just glad they didn't show up the night before because I had a gun with me... :?

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:58 am

I hope you're joking...

Oh and I see you hate coffee...well done! I loathe it.
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Maze

Postby Maze » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:06 am

Forgot how much I enjoy reading bios and autobios, so thanks for sharing all. It’s been mostly a delightful to get to know you – although some of you are kinda freekie – just kidding! No I’m not. Yes, I am.

Let me start off by saying that sharing personal info is one of the hardest things for me to do. Unless someone is absolutely despicable and rude (which goes far beyond being a dolt in my book), I’d probably much rather endure whatever they're saying than share personal info. Why? I honestly find it really boring to talk about me and more than that I really value my privacy. You just can't put a price tag on it - esp these days. Still for several good reasons I’ll play for now and for posterity. It’ll be kind of like one of the office ICEBREAKER games because I’ll try to make it random. Plus there’s another benefit. All kidding aside, I’m saving some serious dough by forgoing therapy/analysis and investing in this site instead and having a prime opportunity to go all cathartic on you. Thanks for humoring me, here goes my list of ten (and then some)...

1. I recently re-watched Whale Rider on DVD and wailed - but outwardly sniffled - through the whole movie though not at the end – it was too happy an ending. On a related cinematic note, I love movies made Down Under: My Brilliant Career, Picnic at Hanging Rock, and Moulin Rouge! are among my favorites.
2. While I consider myself to be a pretty boring person, I’m always amazed at finding people who outdo me: devastatingly boring people and in places you'd least expect! Yup, I've got some serious competition out there..and it’s all relative anyways.
3. I love samosas – not just because Dave serves off-the-hook ones at his parties – but because they are so good! If I had an Indian chef, I could probably become a true vegan overnight.
4. I was on a tv game show once but placed second. The consolation prize was anything but. One day, I’ll get my act together and get on the Price is Right.
5. I don’t have earlobes – and I’m hoping my ears don’t ever get saggy from earrings. Probably not, and if they did, oh well…it’s been fun while it lasted.
6. My least favorite number is 6. I have no fear of the number 13 – it’s a nice number and I like at least a few folks born on that day.
7. When I was in kindergarten, I was extremely shy… a trait that carries to this day. One day my K teacher sent me away from circle to the cloak room because I refused to share what my favorite doll was. What favorite doll? Does every girl need to have a favorite doll? (I'm great at sharing most other things, though.)
8. I’ve experienced the rich life and the poor life. I think everybody should be so fortunate! There are so many lessons at both ends of the spectrum – and right in the middle. When your only option is sleeping on three chairs side by side – like it was in my 1st apartment - you can appreciate an IKEA foldaway better, and dream of a genuine mattress one day!
9. My favorite season is autumn; sometimes it’s spring. Choosing absolutes isn't one of my fortes..except when it comes to FOTC. :D
10. What am I good at? Probably lots of things – isn’t everybody? I do pride myself on being a really good friend – unless you get even more boring than me. Hahahah!

Well that’s all for today, folks. If I need to resort to more catharsis, put away the sleeping aides and prepare to zonk out fast. Like I’m about to right now…yeah, I’m that intense or effective.. :thud:

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:32 am

You're not boring! (at least...I don't think so, judging from your posts... :wink: )

I LOVE Picnic at Hanging Rock, one of my favourite films. Martindale Hall (Appleyard College) is a few hours drive from me, and it still looks exactly as it does in the movie :)
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

curlisue

Postby curlisue » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:14 pm

I've really enjoyed reading all your info folks thank you all, but luckily for you I'm not sure I'm ready to share mine :D not that its earth shattering in any way, but still its mine :wink:

Btw there's a local pub/restaurant here that used to be called 'the Snooty Fox' :lol:
Sometimes when I'm freestyling...I lose confidence

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:17 pm

biscuit wrote:Nah, it was just a silly joke from Peep Show :wink:

11. I would sometimes like to be SuperHans!

It's a psychological analogy

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:50 pm

ZebraWarriorPrincess wrote:
biscuit wrote:Nah, it was just a silly joke from Peep Show :wink:

11. I would sometimes like to be SuperHans!

Haha! You'd have claustrophobia though, from being locked in the airing cupboard to monitor the home brew :lol: I'm sure the coke would sort it out 8)

If I had to be anyone from that show I would probably be Mark. Not much of a change from being me really...unfortunately :worry:

Return to “Off topic rambles”