10 Things About You

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Re: 10 Things About You

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:59 pm

Admire SuperHans lifestyle though. Mark does have his own house, but does he have SuperHans joie de vivre?
It's a psychological analogy

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:18 pm

No... maybe I'd rather be Jez. I'd be an idiot, but I'd be happy :D
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:41 pm

Jez's mum like the kind of mum you get in John Lewis too :D

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:18 pm

Ha ha ha:) Yeah. She's too nice. Poor woman. It was a good thing she hooked up with that ex-army guy, with the rapist daughter. My god, that was a great episode. :roll2: One more argument against being Mark right there.

(I know this should be in the telly thread...)

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:56 pm

Yup.

Sophie's parents have a nice house, but being dumped by Mark would be the ultimate humiliation.

Be Jez or SuperHans (he's also classic in that episode - 'As a mate, would you tell me if I was on fire' :lol:

I like John Lewis. The online shop is bad, but the actual shop is good :D

jillbean
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby jillbean » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:17 am

Ozpot wrote:
vmh wrote:That's the tricky part. The only thing I could remember is that one of them had a unicorn (haha, that doesn't narrow it down). In another one, this young girl has a friend that's an older brother type. Eventually, something goes wrong and he joins the dark side and starts helping these evil robots/machines and she's trying to save him. That doesn't really help, I know! I haven't seen these films in at least 20 years and that's all that I could remember. If I saw them again, I would know right off the bat! Both of these films must be circa 1980's/early 90's.

The unicorn one must be, I'm guessing, The Last Unicorn.
The second one, I'm not exactly sure. :P

This unicorn?

jillbean
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby jillbean » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:31 am

My 10?

1. I have been obsessed with horses since I was 4 years old and have been riding since I was 8. I have had to stop and start more than once due to finances and geography (living in Chicago does not much allow for the existence of open spaces and livestock...)

2. I like being in my 30s way better than I liked my 20s. All the good stuff started at 30 (with the exception of the undeniable decline of my metabolism).

3. My husband and I have been married close to 2 years, dated for 2 before that and have yet to live in the same city and/or together. Stupid PhD program (his, not mine. I am WAY too type-A to live a PhD lifestyle: "we might get the grant money. Or maybe not.").

4. For someone that does not drink coffee I am a huge coffee snob. Because I do like mochas. Yeah, I know those are more like hot chocolate with a shot of coffee. Given that I only drank tea prior makes it "coffee" enough for me! Thing is, they have to be mochas from Starbucks...which I tried for the first time just 4 years ago. Why these particular mochas? It took me a while but I figured it out: they use that awesome bittersweet chocolate and not the syrupy sweet stuff most place glop in.

5. I have an active sticker collection. Don't judge me.

6. I have little to no desire to reproduce. Can't tell if it is because my biological clock isn't ticking or because I am hitting the snooze button.

7. I think I need to get a new car and I am in denial because I just finished paying Midge off and would love a break from payments!

8. I name my cars (see #7)

9. I am a little anxious over the fact that my recent job promotion forces me to play politics with people and as much as I hate doing it, I am better at it than I thought I would be.

10. I think people undervalue looking up every now and again. There are some cool birds, balloons and clouds above us!

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Postby bakergirl30 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:43 am

jillbean wrote:My 10?

2. I like being in my 30s way better than I liked my 20s. All the good stuff started at 30 (with the exception of the undeniable decline of my metabolism).

Oh me too! I totally like my 30's more than I did my 20s!

8. I name my cars (see #7)

I think lots of people do.. my cars name is Rita short for Margarita. And before her it was My Bu.. short for Malibu :wink:
ImageImageImageImage

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:00 am

jillbean wrote:6. I have little to no desire to reproduce. Can't tell if it is because my biological clock isn't ticking or because I am hitting the snooze button.

Me neither, people have been telling me I'll change my mind for years. I've felt this way since I was 16, it ain't changing anytime soon.
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:50 am

I never wanted any until about 6 months ago...mind slowly changing (think it's the possibility of maternity leave :D )

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:09 pm

:roll2:

That is actually a good incentive :lol:

I never wanted kids when I was younger. It changed for me:) I know people who I think will never change their mind. Not everyone wants kids and that is nobody's business. I feel s abit sorry for them always having to justify their desicion. The ladies that is. I don't think men get the questions all the time. And it's also pretty patronising to suggest that someone will want to have kids later on.

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:14 pm

I used to get really annoyed at people telling me I would want them - especially middle aged blokes, for some reason. Maybe it's the suggestion that you've either not grown up, or you're a bit freaky (I actually am freaky though!)

I guess having kids is kind of the default - I have a couple of friends who never want to live with a man (straight, but like their own space), and they get loads of questions.

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:20 pm

I think people are intimidated by people who don't fit into the standard mould, and especially women, which is why I guess you would find older blokes arguing that you will want to have kids. Some women, with children, will be equally bad though. I think some are just jealous because you can never be as free of responsibility once you have kids.

Though it must be said, you need not grow all the way up or stop being freaky just because you have them :wink: :)

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:27 pm

I guess not....telling people you're freaky might not go down well at school gates/playgroup though! Would miss 'proper' holidays though...maybe adopting an older child the answer?

Anything out of the norm does tend to get labelled 'weird' though...living alone, avoiding your work colleagues, dressing strangely....

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:31 pm

Weird can be good though :lol:

And you don't have to tell people your freaky. Much more fun to have them discover it themselves :lol:

How are your parents when it comes to grandchildren? My mum and dad babysit for a week or two almost every summer, so me and hubby can go off on our own :D It's gooood :)

Return to “Off topic rambles”