10 Things About You

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: 10 Things About You

Postby deliriumtree » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:28 am

eejm wrote: We have a very small house right now, but when we upgrade, I think I need my own room - not to sleep in, but just to have my own stuff and do my own thing in.

I have my own room, it's great! The town we live in has a very high cost of living so we need a roommate to get by. The thing is...I need way more alone time than the average person so living with two people is very taxing for me. So having my own room is a must. I don't sleep in there, although I'd sort of like to. lol

On the kids topic... I am also someone who doesn't want kids. Genetically speaking my ovaries are chock full of poison (which is my answer for for people who ask questions about it... When will you have kids.. Why don't you want kids...etc..). Lots of alcoholism, drug abuse and mental illness in my family so really don't need the potential for more of that in my life. But, also I took care of my mom most of my childhood due to mental illness and now I take care of my boyfriend who has more and more health problems by the day but the bulk of which are heart related, do I really need to take care of more people? No. I'm running out of nurturing juice lol. My family has finally come to terms the closest thing to a grandchild or great grandchild they are getting will always be in border collie form.
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:30 am

deliriumtree wrote:. I'm running out of nurturing juice lol. My family has finally come to terms the closest thing to a grandchild or great grandchild they are getting will always be in border collie form.

Man I love my border collie. She's pretty much like an actualy kind since she can't be left alone. I think my parents are ok with the fur grandchild thing. They like Cali a lot.

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:26 am

My first border collie Stump (3 legged girl I found) won my heart and I haven't considered a different breed since. Being a groomer I really don't want a dog that needs tons of grooming (I do enough of that! lol) like an afgan hound for instance. I want a friend I can play with when I get home and border collies fit that bill nicely for me. I can't leave my girl home alone either, but different reasons. Too smart, too food oriented. My family likes Dharma a lot too!
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:15 am

I relaly love the hearding breeds. I gre up with Labs and they were great. But several years ago I lived with a roommate who had Poncho. We alwasy thought that Ponch was part Australian shepard but We think that he was a border collie/ swiss mountain dog mix. He is the sweetest most intuitive lover dog ever. When I was looking for a dog of my own I wanted a lot of the same traits as Ponch and that how I ended up with Cali. But Cali is 1/4 lab so she had a shorter coat. WHich is nice when it comes to shedding. Except she does have that undercoat some places so when she has her big spring shed the floor has to be swept every day.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:56 pm

Time to revive this thread!! Wow lots in common with you folks. 32, married, neither of us really want kids now..(I think ideally we want them, but realize our own shortcomings and preferences-they're not really conducive to having kids).

Instead we (more of an "I" statement) have a border collie! Lucy's 4 and fantastic...we go on 5 mile jogs together....I can leave her alone (in a kennel) but I dont like to! Not longer than 4 hours if I can help it...Hubby is not much of an animal person(although likes dogs more than he did b4 lucy). She's such a trooper...a bit shy with strangers and other dogs, but then again Im antisocial soo we fit perfectly! lol

both potential grandmas have hounded us about kids...Ive made it clear though that our decision to have kids will have nothing to do with carrying a family name, appeasing other people, or doing some sort of "duty" as a married couple.....IF we ever do, it will be because we're ready to give up our freedom!!! lol

thestray
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby thestray » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:45 pm

1) I'm the oldest of 4 brothers. I'm 25, I have a 21yr old and a 19yr old brother, my youngest brother is 6years old. He's like my best friend. When I take him out with me people always think he's my son.

2) A year ago a friend I decided to start a band together. So far we have not made any music, we just talk about cool stuff we'll do and then sort of forget about it for a while. All we really have is our name, Gallows vs Guillotine. One day we'll actually make some songs.

3) My childhood name was Scooter, because when I was a baby instead of crawling I usually scooted around on my bottom.

4) I moved around a lot as a kid, I've attended about 9 different schools from 1st grade to High school. High school was the only school I went to from beginning to end.

5) I consider myself an "open-minded skeptic", I don't believe in anything unproven, but I don't rule it out either. When I was a teenager, home alone, I saw a phenomena that's referred to as a "shadow person". An owner-less humanoid shadow in my hallway. It was only a few seconds but it creeped me the hell out. Maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me or an optical illusion or something.

6) All my life people have told me I should be a stand-up comedian. I fantasize about it but I don't have the nerve to stand on stage in front of a room full of strangers and try to make them laugh. So I write instead, put funny on paper.

7) I write screenplays that I want to direct and produce some day. Either live action or animated.

8) I'm a huuuuge comic book geek. I grew up on Spider-Man and other Marvel comics. Nowadays I tend to buy a lot of the more mature non-superhero related graphic novels. I'd really recommend them to people who've never given them a chance. Check out Blankets by Craig Robertson, it's a growing up/love story.

9) For about 6 months I worked as an English tutor at a tutoring center. I enjoyed it, I really got along with the kids and started to think of them as like little cousins or something. They were mostly Asian, mostly Korean, and I got to learn how to pronounce a lot of Asian surnames like Ng (prounced ing like in "joking") and Xu (pronounced like shoe). I miss those kids.

10) After that for a year I worked as a "telefundraiser". I sat there all day and called people who were past members and donors of various non-profit organizations (like PBS, museums, naral, sierra club, the wilderness society, glaad, 21st century democrats, and even Obama) and asked them to give again. I really hated this job, no matter how polite I was most of the people were just extremely rude to me. One guy got so angry that I'd called him that he said he'd kill me and rape my wife and children if I had them, haha. There was a lot of pressure at that job to basically harass people when they said no and try to turn them around. I had a hard time doing that because that's just not my personality to just keep pestering people even though they've already given them my answer. I was eventually fired for that reason. My boss was teary eyed about firing me, I guess he felt bad to let me go, but I didn't care, I was actually relieved, haha. Only good part of that job were my coworkers, they were mostly all awesome people.

Was that a bazillion words?

thestray

Postby thestray » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:45 pm

Oh hey, an 8 and a ) turn into a sunglassed smiley, haha, I'll have to remember that.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:42 pm

Your band sounds cool, and I like your name. 8)

So do you believe in ghosts after seeing the shadow-person?

Have you checked out Joe Hill's Locke and Key? The 3rd arc just started...it's awesome! Gabriel Rodriguez does the art so not only is Joe's story aces, it's a treasure to look at as well.

I'll check out Blankets.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

thestray

Postby thestray » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:16 am

Well I'm not entirely certain that what I experienced was indeed paranormal in nature or just some trick of the mind or eye. So I remain an open-minded skeptic. It was very freaky though.

Haven't checked out Locke and Key yet, but it is in my Amazon wishlist ;)

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:07 am

Wow, I'm impressed, Stray!

I don't think I've ever heard of an ownerless humanoid shadow. I'm sure you were freaked out.
I'd ask the basic ghost-type question: did anyone pass on in your house? Maybe it was an unresolved passing, even though it was a shadow person. :dunno: This really intrigues me.

I'm also impressed by your many talents. I hope you have success with all of them. :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

thestray

Postby thestray » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:24 am

I have no idea if anybody ever passed there, it was an apartment I lived in years ago. Weird thing is I told my mom about it and she didn't sound surprised at all, she was like "Yeah, that place was haunted." SpoooOooOoOky! Haha.

And thanks, with hard work I'll get there some day.

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:13 pm

thestray wrote:
2) A year ago a friend I decided to start a band together. So far we have not made any music, we just talk about cool stuff we'll do and then sort of forget about it for a while. All we really have is our name, Gallows vs Guillotine. One day we'll actually make some songs.

Nice band name! I'm a wannabe musician, I can't play any instruments, sing or read music...but I own a lot of CD's :P
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

thestray

Postby thestray » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:00 am

My friend plays guitar, I make... computer music, so I don't know if that counts as being a musician, haha.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:16 am

Hey, you make music, you're a musician. :D
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:26 am

OK, I thought of a good one today.

I have a photo of my tonsils from after they removed them from my throat. I've had it for over 20 years and am considering finding it and scanning it and making it my facebook profile pic hahahaha. Let's all just thank God there is too much snow to motivate me to tromp out to my parent's shed.

Return to “Off topic rambles”