Getting to know you

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Getting to know you

Postby Sherry » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:41 pm

*wails* Getting to know all about you.... :folkon: :sing:

So, other forums I post on have these occasionally. Random out theres people can answer. Just keep within the realms of decency :shock: Some of it is Conchords related anyways.

Go nuts :boogie: :puzzled:

As /me always gets stuck on the favourite colour question, I thought I would get that out the way first and put her out of her torment :lol:

1 - What colour would you describe yourself as being?

2 - What song would you describe as your karaoke song? (You know the one you sing in the shower, or in the car at the top of your lungs, windows wound *up* and would secretly love to sing up on stage with a real microphone and audience instead of a hairbrush and your reflection in the mirror)

3 - First thought upon seeing/hearing the Conchords for the first time. In 5 words or less.

4 - What does this mean to you? :chick:

5 - Why should I avoid trees?

6 - How did you celebrate your last landmark (18,21, 40...) birthday?

7 - Have you ever wondered if Jemaine or Bret have middle names and if so what do you think they might be?

8 - If you could replace a leading actor or actress in any film, what film would it be and why?

9 - You can have a day off from your life and swap with someone else. Anyone. Famous or unknown. What would you do and where would you go?

10 - Is this a test and if so do you think you passed or failed?

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: Getting to know you

Postby Sherry » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:00 pm

Better answer my own questions eh :lol:

Olive green with a hint of light urple

2 - What song would you describe as your karaoke song? (You know the one you sing in the shower, or in the car at the top of your lungs, windows wound *up* and would secretly love to sing up on stage with a real microphone and audience instead of a hairbrush and your reflection in the mirror)

Oooo a toughie. Right here right now its a choice between between Cher's If I Could Turn Back Time and Niel Diamond's Forever In Blue Jeans. Next week it might change :shock:

3 - First thought upon seeing/hearing the Conchords for the first time. In 5 words or less.

O my f***** God.

Or upon reflection it was more along the lines of "I hope Stan does not keep that sodding camera on me too long... point it at someone else for crying out loud. I laugh like a stoned walrus"

More than 5 words but hey, it was a night like no other 8)

Chicken in a basket? You want chips with that?

Ask my bloke 8) He is a founder member of the Tree Avoiding Society after all :lol:

21 was so long ago, and am not quite at 40 yet. My 21st was spent in about 27 bars and clubs in Amsterdam IIRC. And it was raining. Was a good night out though. Lasted 2 :P

7 - Have you ever wondered if Jemaine or Bret have middle names and if so what do you think they might be?

I actually have not. Honest :whistle: But if I had Cedrick and Englebert had nothing to do with it :doomed:

8 - If you could replace a leading actor or actress in any film, what film would it be and why?

Hehe. I think I would have to go with.... ooooo, Miss Piggy in any Muppet movie. Such a classy bit of bacon she is. And I reckon I'd fit all her dresses. And I have a secret crush on Kermit :blush:

9 - You can have a day off from your life and swap with someone else. Anyone. Famous or unknown. What would you do and where would you go?

Argh and I wrote these???? This is so hard to choose. I am honestly stumped right now. Let me think. OK, John McEnroe. If only to be able to use that amazing backhand he had. Just once. It'd be bliss to play a bit of tennis and play as a left hander.

Seems I wrote it, I know I passed 8) But is it a test?

conchordgirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby conchordgirl » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:42 pm

Blue this year.. last year it was purple.

hmm..this also would change from time to time but right now..either "rich girl" or "sara smiles" from Hall and Oates.

Who is that???

Come back here you crazy chicken..I'm hungry..(i really have no idea.it baffles me)

I think it's best if the trees avoid me..(i'm a walking/driving/skipping disaster)

Very Boringly, went to dinner with friends and had cake with my parents..nothing exciting at all.

Yes I have. But I won't share because it's apparently a secret. What if I guessed the right ones? That would be freaky..

And I have a secret crush on Kermit :blush:

so do i Sherry..so do i..Have you seen him sing "rainbow connection" or "it's not easy being green?" He's so dreamy... :D

Off the top of my head it would be Angelina Jolie in "Gia", i love that movie and her portrayal of her.

Wow, this is a hard one...I don't know..Could I affect change? This is very "quantum leap" here... I need to think on this one..i mean could i become bush, repeal all laws and appointments he made and then resign?? If not I don't know..pass for now..

Is it a test? What is the grading criteria? I say passed anyway because i can..

Thanks Sherry, that was fun.

--Nicole
Oh, look at me! I'm the magical man from happy land, in a gumdrop house on lollipop laaaaaane!!
Oh by the way I was being sarcastic.--Homer Simpson

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:29 am

A nice calm leafy green with just a dash of autumn blush orange/red. :)

Oh, geez. Why would I torment those around me with the cat wails that my mouth produces in place of singing? The only exception would be when I drive at night in my own world with the radio on. In that case anything goes. 80's power ballads are a favorite in that situation. :wink:

What the hell...?

Trying to catch that elusive thought that is just out of reach...or the dot. :)

Why should I avoid trees? Or why should Sherry avoid trees? A little confused...I've never been the best at interpreting test questions. Sherry should avoid them because...she is a climber and would end up spending all her time up there with the monkeys? I should avoid then because I tend to get smacked in the face with low hanging branches.

I spent my 21st birthday with my family. My brother (Bloody Steve!) and sister-in-law surprised me with a visit. Had dinner with them and my Mom and other brother. (My Dad was in Africa at the time) Had a lovely Strawberry Daiquiri. Yum. Nothing interesting to relate. :)

In all honesty, no. This question never occurred to me until I read it. But, lets see...Jemaine Leopold Clement and Bret Udolpho McKenzie. Nice ring to them, eh? *L* :rolls:

Jennifer Ehle in Pride and Prejudice! Do I need to say why, ladies? Why, Mr. Darcy, is that a smile? Wahaha! :roll2: My movie obsession.

Mother Nature. What? She is a real person. Just because she isn't corporeal doesn't mean she doesn't exist! How cool would it be to be able to control the weather, etc. The weather totally effects my mood. Such power. And you would really only want to do it for a day. Too stressful otherwise. Might get a big head, too. :wink:

Hmmm, yes this is a test. A test to see who gets into the Guys' harem. Sherry is screening us for them. :shock: Ah, but did I pass...? Yes, I choose to believe so. Just waiting for that email confirmation...*LOL*
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:36 pm

I've been too lazy to answer these, but I have half an answer to #7.

In random Googling for Black Seeds info, I came across this:
Bret Peter Tarrant McKenzie

So, it seems that even if Jemaine doesn't have a middle name, Bret has enough for both of them.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:08 am

Ok, here goes ...

A light purple -- generally a calm blue, but with a hint of lively red.

Tough one. There are plenty of songs that I sing along to at full voice in the car, but wouldn't dream of singing in front of anyone at all. There are a couple of Bjork songs -- Bachelorette, Isobel -- and I've been known on a regular basis to sing along to Eros Ramazotti's duet with Andrea Bocelli, Musica E'.

I think I like this!

I have no earthly idea!

Those low-hanging branches can be dangerous. A friend of mine got a brand new nose when he was running around in the semi-dark and ran smack into a low, but thick branch.

I like to avoid oak trees when the squirrels are gathering nuts. I've been beaned a few times by acorns dropping.

My 21st birthday wasn't that much of a landmark, in the US sense, because I'd already been living in New Orleans for the previous three years, where I could drink legally.

My 30th was more of a landmark, and that one was celebrated with some surprise roses, dinner at my favorite Indian restaurant and dessert at Serendipity.

I hadn't thought of it before, but see above post ...

Any film/character where the female gets to kiss Clive Owen. Or Madeline Kahn's role in Young Frankenstein, just because it's so funny.

Hmm. I think I'd want to swap places with anyone who works in the Palazzo Strozzi, just to be able to spend a day exploring the building.

If it's a test, do I get bonus points for finding out Bret's middle name(s)?
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:31 am

Clear. People tell me I'm very transparent. Why do I think of a parent who's two sexes when I read the word transparent??

I don't have to. I get to sing as part of what I do :sing: 8)
I'll pick a song we don't do. How about "Fall at Your Feet" brilliant stuff that is

Genius funny

Its dinner, its dinner time !!!! Da da da da, Da da da da

Because I've heard your family tree looks like a telephone pole

Never been much of a birthday person.

No I haven't thought about it but how about Deborah and Catherine

8 - If you could replace a leading actor or actress in any film, what film would it be and why? Keanu Reeves in any movie because he can't act and he's ruined lots of movies I would have probably liked if he hadn't been in them

9 - You can have a day off from your life and swap with someone else. Anyone. Famous or unknown. What would you do and where would you go? Valentino Rossi. Go to Mugello and win that round of the MotoGP series

My test results came back negative.

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:56 am

Green, pale to deep.

"Hopelessly Devoted to You" (I can't believe I just told you all that! :oops: )

They're brilliant! Who is he?

A hen in the net is worth one stupid question.

You should hear what they say behind your back....

#30 is next month. I plan to wake up in the morning, and breathe all day until it's time to go to sleep. Should there be a cake and some gifties during that time, all the better. (And, I tell you this, because I can't remember what I did on my last landmark birthday. Honest.)

Jemaine doesn't have one, and Bret's is Stanley. I'm sure of it.

Jennifer Lopez in "Out of Sight", because the thought of being locked in a car trunk with George Clooney makes me weak.

I'd swap with Bill Gates. And while I was him, I'd set up a foundation to help the poor using every penny of his money.

I feel like I passed. :D
Last edited by Kate on Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spammy
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Spammy » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:29 pm

Silver. So shiny.

Germs by Weird Al. Odd choice I know but I love singing it.

I think I better watch LOTR to get this song... I am bad at counting

Animal cruelty.

Cause trees get chained to hippies*

I have only had my 18th so far (21 next year) My 18th was good. All my net friends sent me cards and things and my friend (the real one) organised a night out with a small group. I usually don't like celebrating my birthday cause my 16th was a bit traumatic but my 18th kept me smilin' all day.

I have never wondered if they do. They might be made up of some letters though.

I don't watch many movies. If forced to pick I'd have to say Jennifer Connolly in Labyrinth. I have always loved that movie. I wanna smell the bog of eternal stench. Just once.

Bob from accounting. I'd go staple documents to my boss's head and get fired. The next day I'd be me again and still employed.

This is not a test. I failed as usual... work that one out... I can't

* Tripod reference.

Happy Halloween US peoples.
"You see a peanut, the day's off to a good start. You witness some soil, it's a jamboree for Vince Noir" - Howard Moon - The Mighty Boosh

djdeathskiss
Keeping it funky

Postby djdeathskiss » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:02 pm

1 - What coulour would you descrive yourself as being?

Sometimes red; other times bright blue.

2- What song would you describe as your karaoke song? (You know the one you sing in the shower, or in the car at the top of your lungs, windows wound *up* and would secretly love to sing up on stage with a real microphone and audience instead of a hairbrush and your reflection in the mirror)

'Rock and Roll' by Led Zeppelin - although you would probably not ever catch me singing karaoke!

"Holy $#@! - this is funny!"

4 - What does this mean to you?

Weird

Because they may try to bite you if you steal their apples.

By doing absolutely nothing. :(

I've never really thought about it; Jemaine - Roy(?), Bret - Michael (?)

I'd replace Tom Cruise in any of his films with any other actor.

I'd like to be in Peter Jackson's shoes for a day.

I probably failed miserably.
[/b]
"Of course i'm home; i'm always home. I'm uncool!" - Lester Bangs, 'Almost Famous'

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:08 pm

Rainbow

The Queen of the Night Aria from Mozart's Magic Flute.

That's a good Gandalf impersonation.

4 - What does this mean to you?

An emoticon that manages to summarize everything that is wrong with the world (FREE THE CHICKENS!).

Because one day they will get their revenge.

Having a "Last day as a legal child" party, dressed up in a pretty lacy bright dress and handed out candy bags, et cetera.

My mind is too preoccupied on seduction tactics to think about such mundane things.

Tom Cruise in whatever film got him started so that he would never be released into the world.

Bill Gates. I'd take out a billions of his money in cash, hide it somewhere, then when all goes back to normal, get it back and distribute it accordingly (you know, solve world hunger, start a revolution to get new leadership in the good ol' US of A, make sure Tom Cruise never converts another poor innocent to Scientology, fund clean energy, et cetera). Oh, and obviously, get myself four mansions and FoTC as my private court jesters.

I'm a solid C student.

/me
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby /me » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:50 pm

Octarine.

Mule Skinner Blues, maybe Come on Eileen, just the thought is making the dogs cringe in fear, but I would love to hear Amaria sing The Queen of Night Aria. I love that tune.

Oh, my abs! My abbbbsss!!!

Jemaine’s favorite dish: Anything, With Chicken.

Because you didn't call after the one very special night like you promised?

Nothing Special.

Sunspray and Honeysuckle.

Bah, Andria stole my answer.

Honestly, I have thought about this and can’t think of anyone, so I’ll just go with the DG-20. :rock: Muahaha!

I should have studied harder.
Ooooh Flight of the Conchords! You're so big!

:comehere: Conchordians Unite! Join the FotC map!

kneedragger
Half a shapely halibut

Postby kneedragger » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:56 am

Blue, with some emerald green :mrgreen:

Sober by Tool

Hey, they play pretty good!

Lots of cops out today!

Trees have monkeys! And we know what that means!!!

I got a new walker! :birthday:

I thought those were their middle names!

Colin Firth in "Love, Actually", cuz that Portuguese girl is cute! :heart:

Valentino Rossi (as long as I could have his skills too). I'd go race in Turkey and see what it's like to ride at 200mph.

I think it's a test, cuz I forgot to study and I dreamed I was naked :shock:

Sean
"What kind of rapping name is STEVE!"

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:11 pm

kneedragger wrote:8 - If you could replace a leading actor or actress in any film, what film would it be and why?
Colin Firth in "Love, Actually", cuz that Portuguese girl is cute! :heart:

"Love, Actually" is one of my favorite movies! And it contains one of the all-time great quotes ever uttered in a movie:

"It's time to go get the s*** kicked out of us by love!"

The fact that it is said by a ten-year-old boy to his widowed father is what makes it so funny and endearing. I loved that movie!

This whole group we have here is amazingly similar on so many levels, it's actually scary at times.... :lol:

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:22 pm

1 - What colour would you describe yourself as being? Dark red.

2 - What song would you describe as your karaoke song? Oh so many... too many.

3 - First thought upon seeing/hearing the Conchords for the first time. In 5 words or less. Where've they been all m'life? (It's technically 5 words)

4 - What does this mean to you? :chick: Hee hee hee chickens are funny

5 - Why should I avoid trees? Angry squirrels

6 - How did you celebrate your last landmark (18,21, 40...) birthday? Spent my 30th at a day spa being rubbed down by a 6'4" man named Gunter. Then I woke up.

7 - Have you ever wondered if Jemaine or Bret have middle names and if so what do you think they might be? Jemaine "Loretta" Clement; Bret "Audrey" McKenzie - or something more reasonable.

8 - If you could replace a leading actor or actress in any film, what film would it be and why? Audrey Tatou in "Amelie" - I just love that film.

9 - You can have a day off from your life and swap with someone else. Anyone. Famous or unknown. What would you do and where would you go? Hmmm. I'd swap lives with a really great, but not hugely known singer with a decent but loyal fan base - someone like Shawn Colvin. I'd love to have a great singing voice.

10 - Is this a test and if so do you think you passed or failed? I had the answers written on my hand.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Return to “Off topic rambles”