Getting to know you

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Re: Getting to know you

Postby vmh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:59 am

That's what indigo discovered on page 1.

indigo_jones wrote:In random Googling for Black Seeds info, I came across this:
Bret Peter Tarrant McKenzie

So, it seems that even if Jemaine doesn't have a middle name, Bret has enough for both of them.

I think Tarrant is Bret's mother's maiden name.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:03 am

Most people I know have middle names of the basics in the Bible, Matthew, Mark, Luke & John or Peter and Paul. So it was a pretty good chance!
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Red

Postby Red » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:05 am

1 - What colour would you describe yourself as being?
Blue - not sad, just the color that suits me most

2 - What song would you describe as your karaoke song? (You know the one you sing in the shower, or in the car at the top of your lungs, windows wound *up* and would secretly love to sing up on stage with a real microphone and audience instead of a hairbrush and your reflection in the mirror)
Kelly Clarkson's Since U Been Gone - Hey don't judge me! Its not like I have it on my iPod or anything. Its just really fun to sing really loud.

3 - First thought upon seeing/hearing the Conchords for the first time. In 5 words or less.
Why's he sitting in a box?

4 - What does this mean to you? :chick:
Too much time on too many hands

5 - Why should I avoid trees?
While you're sleeping they'll come to life and pull you out your window and try to eat you! (I saw Poltergeist way too young and it scarred me for life)

6 - How did you celebrate your last landmark (18,21, 40...) birthday?
My 30th birthday (this year) fell on Super Bowl Sunday. :cross: Everything was closed. Even the nice restaurants! So I went to a Super Bowl party and watched a stupid football game. At least there was BBQ and everyone sang Happy Birthday to me at half time. My hubby took me out proper the next day.

7 - Have you ever wondered if Jemaine or Bret have middle names and if so what do you think they might be?
Yes. As soon as I started to like them, I wikipedia-ed them. So I know Bret's middle names (plural) but none is listed for Jemaine. Its probably Maori or maybe he doesn't have one.

8 - If you could replace a leading actor or actress in any film, what film would it be and why?
I'd replace Keira Knightley in Atonement simply because of the library scene with James McAvoy. Holy moly that man gets me all worked up!

9 - You can have a day off from your life and swap with someone else. Anyone. Famous or unknown. What would you do and where would you go?
I would go to Wellington and swap with a little redhead who's name starts with M and I'd stay home and snuggle on the couch with my husband all day whilst he wore one of his fabulously slutty t-shirts. :P

10 - Is this a test and if so do you think you passed or failed?
No.

Gracie
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Gracie » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:36 am

Red wrote:8 - If you could replace a leading actor or actress in any film, what film would it be and why?
I'd replace Keira Knightley in Atonement simply because of the library scene with James McAvoy. Holy moly that man gets me all worked up!

Ditto that.

Yellow – sunshine, lollipops and rainbows...

2 - What song would you describe as your karaoke song? (You know the one you sing in the shower, or in the car at the top of your lungs, windows wound *up* and would secretly love to sing up on stage with a real microphone and audience instead of a hairbrush and your reflection in the mirror)
Wonderwall – Oasis (so embarrassing).

3 - First thought upon seeing/hearing the Conchords for the first time. In 5 words or less.
Haha, I love WHAM! jokes.

Catching chickens is fun and frolicky?
Or is it symbolic of like someone trying to score (a guy trying to catch a chick)?

They usually hang out in forests! Duh.

Complained about the injustice of life whilst studying.

7 - Have you ever wondered if Jemaine or Bret have middle names and if so what do you think they might be?
Jemaine’s is Ronnie Barker and Bret’s is Ronnie Corbett. Or is it be the other way round?

8 - If you could replace a leading actor or actress in any film, what film would it be and why?
Taking a leaf out of CJ’s book, I would replace Murray obviously. Of course I would feel bad that the show would always be remembered by critics and viewers alike as having hilarious songs but being completely brought down by a young Australian women playing a 30-something-year-old New Zealand man.

9 - You can have a day off from your life and swap with someone else. Anyone. Famous or unknown. What would you do and where would you go?
I would go to Cardiff and play an alien Torchwood. (Although, I would demand Russell T. Davies brought back Owen, Tosh and Ianto).

I got 100% of course.
La La La La

This is outrageous, this is contagious...So...futile.

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:46 am

Woah...wait a minute, think you've got the wrong red headed M there Gracie!

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Gracie
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Gracie » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:04 am

Red's swapping with that red head.

I would rather swap with a brown headed H! Maybe you can send me to one of "those" camps.

(Btw I am NOT saying I need to be hypnotised to :heart: Jem, but I may need to be hypnotised to stop my rather significant breterosexual tendancies.)
La La La La

This is outrageous, this is contagious...So...futile.

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:04 am

Well, my name (Linda) sounds red to me, but as a person I would say I'm more black and blue.:lol: (I realise that sounds horrible, but they are colours that I like and which suit me...)

Life On Mars - David Bowie :worry: (It's the one I always do when I play SingStar) In the shower I also tend to sing Unchained Melody. My poor family...

Geek love!!! :heart: (First song I saw/heard was The Humans Are Dead on YT)

Gotcha!

My lawyer says that if I violate the restraining order again I'll go to prison. I don't want to talk about it :roll:

I made a chocolate cake in the shape of a fairytale castle for myself, and then had friends and family over:) (It was my 30th btw)

I know Bret's is Peter:) And I believe Jemaine's is the Maori name Komtoumama :halo:

Oooh this is a tough one. I'd probably want to play Gaenor in the very depressing Welsh film Solomon and Gaenor.... so I could have it off with Ioan Gruffudd :whistle:

Hm. I would want to be one of the guys/girls in the WIUO and just hang out with them and play a concert :D :rock:

It's not a test, but if it were I'd have passed :D
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:28 am

IDIOT OF THE YEAR AWARD GOES TO ME.

I GOOGLED Komtoumama :bang:

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:44 am

I hope you did a photo search :lol: What did you find? 8)
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:21 pm

Peaches wrote:IDIOT OF THE YEAR AWARD GOES TO ME.

:roll2: I did the same thing! And then I read your comment and actually said it out loud. Yes, that has to be Jemaine's middle name!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:46 pm

Maybe blue...favourite colour, and my name sounds wintry. Also, describing myself as grey would be depressing. Maybe multicoloured? Or silver - gold too egotistical

I like to rap. We have Xbox karaoke (Lips)I love to lay down some rhymes of an evening.

Hot!!! (Jemaine, in that 'stag in the moonlight' top) Also, that his glasses were like mine
4 - What does this mean to you?
?

People may jump out from behind them and kill you...also coconuts may fall out?

30th - surprise party, trip to zoo, eating (a meal, not the zoo animals)

No

It's far to shaming to admit. Maybe one for the members area

Hm. I would want to be one of the guys/girls in the WIUO and just hang out with them and play a concert - I'll stick with Biscuit's answer. Would have to become more accomplished though. Would love to have some of their clothes though - they're all ace.

Yes. Maybe. :rock:
It's a psychological analogy

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:12 pm

vmh wrote:
Peaches wrote:IDIOT OF THE YEAR AWARD GOES TO ME.

:roll2: I did the same thing! And then I read your comment and actually said it out loud. Yes, that has to be Jemaine's middle name!

Bahaaa! High five for being a total nong! :yay: :rolls:

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Off topic rambles”