Getting to know you

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Re: Getting to know you

Postby Andria » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:02 am

[quote="Gayle"]8 - If you could replace a leading actor or actress in any film, what film would it be and why? Audrey Tatou in "Amelie" - I just love that film.

Oh, I love that movie! I was homeschooled all through school, so the character of Amelie really spoke to me. :D She is so cute and imaginative. I also really loved the musical score. A joy to listen to.
I heard that Audrey Tatou is going to be in the movie of The DaVinci Code with Tom Hanks. Must go see that...:wink:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

kneedragger
Half a shapely halibut

Postby kneedragger » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:05 am

Kate wrote:
kneedragger wrote:8 - If you could replace a leading actor or actress in any film, what film would it be and why?
Colin Firth in "Love, Actually", cuz that Portuguese girl is cute! :heart:

"Love, Actually" is one of my favorite movies! And it contains one of the all-time great quotes ever uttered in a movie:

"It's time to go get the s*** kicked out of us by love!"

The fact that it is said by a ten-year-old boy to his widowed father is what makes it so funny and endearing. I loved that movie!

This whole group we have here is amazingly similar on so many levels, it's actually scary at times.... :lol:

I was completely caught off guard by that movie and fell in love with it, actually. The end leaves me all weepy every time I watch it :tears:

It is interesting that we have so many similar tastes and experiences.

Sean
"What kind of rapping name is STEVE!"

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:06 am

Oh, Tom Hanks is going to be in that? Not my first (or whatever number) choice. Eh. But I like Audrey Tatou, at least.

I think I was particularly hormonal through my viewing of Love, Actually. I sobbed almost throughout the entire film. Quite embarassing, since I saw it in the theaters. I really should rewatch it when I'm not so emotionally unstable.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:22 am

indigo_jones wrote:Oh, Tom Hanks is going to be in that? Not my first (or whatever number) choice. Eh. But I like Audrey Tatou, at least.

I think I was particularly hormonal through my viewing of Love, Actually. I sobbed almost throughout the entire film. Quite embarassing, since I saw it in the theaters. I really should rewatch it when I'm not so emotionally unstable.

I wouldn't have chosen Tom Hanks for that role, either. I'll reserve judgement until after I see it. Read a little more here

I cry like a baby when I see Love, Actually. I cry during quite a lot of movies, however, so it isn't a big surprise for me.
I did enjoy the movie, it was quite surprising in parts. Some good surprises, some bad. I though the whole English guy coming to Milwaukee, WI (!) and getting a whole bunch of slutty girls was a little insulting... :hrmpf: But, I have to admit, amusing. :wink:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

kneedragger
Half a shapely halibut

Postby kneedragger » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:44 am

Andria wrote: I though the whole English guy coming to Milwaukee, WI (!) and getting a whole bunch of slutty girls was a little insulting... :hrmpf: But, I have to admit, amusing. :wink:

It was amusing, but the weakest part of the film. I thought it detracted from the rest. And yes kind of shallow and insulting.

Sean

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:35 pm

I cry during quite a lot of movies, however, so it isn't a big surprise for me.

Heh. Same here. It's one reason why I rarely go to the movies anymore. I just wait for them to come out on the On Demand feature. Inevitably, we'll go to a movie and then dinner and I don't want to risk looking all blotchy.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:33 pm

I really adore the film Love Actually. It my happy movie at the moment. :D
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

MadMax
Top Bloke

Postby MadMax » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:51 pm

About a Boy was on tonight, so I watched that....

And then once that was finished I had to watch Love Actually :oops:
"..you can't take the sky from me.."

Gayle
Cool Nipples!

Postby Gayle » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:53 pm

MadMax wrote:About a Boy was on tonight, so I watched that....

And then once that was finished I had to watch Love Actually :oops:

There's another excellent happy movie.
4 out of 3 people have difficulty with fractions.

Kate
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Kate » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:58 pm

Andria wrote:I wouldn't have chosen Tom Hanks for that role, either. I'll reserve judgement until after I see it. Read a little more here

I have to say, Tom Hanks was never even considered in my mind as I read that book. It will be interesting to see what he does with the part. He is one of my favorites, but I just can't picture him in this movie. Audrey Tatou was so wonderful in "Amelie"! She, on the other hand, will be absolutely perfect for "The DaVinci Code". I can't wait to see what they do with this story.

Andria wrote:I though the whole English guy coming to Milwaukee, WI (!) and getting a whole bunch of slutty girls was a little insulting... :hrmpf: But, I have to admit, amusing. :wink:

I do believe, if I haven't over-analyzed this ( :wink: JP), this was a send-up of the cliche of how American women are supposed to be crazy about men with British accents (Aussie, New Zealand, Irish). I would have preferred they be young female professionals with a bit more substance (just like those of us here... you know that swoon over one or the other of the Conchords as we do in such a dignified manner.... :roll2:), but considering the bloke they were supposed to go ga-ga over, it would have been a bit unbelieveable, no? The fact that they were so, um.... agreeable could have been a plot device to move the story along (he was in town for two weeks of sex. There was no time to wine & dine a female executive-type. There was a certain "classism" inherent in the situation, but unfortunately, that was the most realistic way they could have told that story. Maybe someday, a young food delivery person/waiter will be able to fly into a city and have college-educated young female executives falling head-over-heels for him and his adorable accent, but I don't think that is possible now, except in fairy tales. And, "Love, Actually" is no fairy tale, for sure. The funniest part was that he chose Wisconsin! (It is so random a choice! :lol: )

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:25 am

Kate wrote:I do believe, if I haven't over-analyzed this ( :wink: JP), this was a send-up of the cliche of how American women are supposed to be crazy about men with British accents (Aussie, New Zealand, Irish).

Whatever do you mean, Kate? Guys with accents...:heart:*spaces out* What were we talking about again? (hee hee...)
...The funniest part was that he chose Wisconsin! (It is so random a choice! :lol: )

What? Wisconsin is the hub of the country! Of course he would come here. Especially during the cold, snowy winter months. I know you all are planning on flocking here during December/January.

Well, I suppose as a plight device, they did the only thing they could have done, really. But, I still find it a bit insulting. My feminist ways are too well ingrained to loose their hold so easily. :D Nice analysis, Kate. :shock: I'm in awe.

kneedragger
Half a shapely halibut

Postby kneedragger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:33 am

Kate wrote:
I do believe, if I haven't over-analyzed this ( :wink: JP), this was a send-up of the cliche of how American women are supposed to be crazy about men with British accents (Aussie, New Zealand, Irish).

That's how I saw it also, Kate, but it seemed at odds with the rest of the movie, to me. Everyone seemed to have some depth to them, except for that bit. Even the people in the restaurant in Portugal with no lines (I think that's my favorite scene) had more depth-not to mention dignity.

Maybe they were looking for that contrast, though. I still love the film.

Sean

kneedragger
Half a shapely halibut

Postby kneedragger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:38 am

Andria wrote:What? Wisconsin is the hub of the country! Of course he would come here. Especially during the cold, snowy winter months. I know you all are planning on flocking here during December/January.

I've got my sunscreen and snorkeling gear packed and ready to go, Andria. I'm just trying to decide which fip-flops I should bring :waggle:

Sean

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:02 am

kneedragger wrote:
Andria wrote:What? Wisconsin is the hub of the country! Of course he would come here. Especially during the cold, snowy winter months. I know you all are planning on flocking here during December/January.

I've got my sunscreen and snorkeling gear packed and ready to go, Andria. I'm just trying to decide which fip-flops I should bring :waggle:

Sean

Yay! You've seen the light (through the blizzard-y mist)! That sun glare off the snow can be mighty harsh, I hope you are bringing a high SPF.
Ah ah! :tsk: We must try and use the hip Kiwi terms. Not Flip-flops, but Jandals

kneedragger
Half a shapely halibut

Postby kneedragger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:48 am

God, I'm so ashamed!! :doomed:
Yes I said yes I will Yes! It is JANDALS, with a J, I will flip-flop no more!

Sean aka'd as Molly

Return to “Off topic rambles”