Getting to know you

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:42 am

Yeah Sean how could you forget especially after the commercial I wrote for them I feel so let down right now :wink:

This from the "Tim-Tam" thread
Johnnyp wrote:
Andria wrote:
MadMax wrote:
They are unique to New Zealand like Hokey Pokey ice-cream, Jandals, Pavlova and the Haka.

Hehe, poor Kiwis. They so do like to think everything they have and do is unique to them :hammer:

Okay, what is/are jandals? I'm so hopelessly clueless!

Sounds like a new line of footwear to me. I can just see the ads now.

Remember those times when you only saw one pair of footprints in the sand ? Thats when you wear wearing Jandals. Walk like the Son of The Lord. Walk in Jandals

thestray
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: Getting to know you

Postby thestray » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:58 pm

1 - What colour would you describe yourself as being?
Black? Haha.

2 - What song would you describe as your karaoke song? (You know the one you sing in the shower, or in the car at the top of your lungs, windows wound *up* and would secretly love to sing up on stage with a real microphone and audience instead of a hairbrush and your reflection in the mirror)
"Motherlovers" by the Lonely Island. It's catchy.

3 - First thought upon seeing/hearing the Conchords for the first time. In 5 words or less.
"Hmmmm.... heh. Hahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAH! YES!"

4 - What does this mean to you? :chick:
Baggin some chicks duuuude! *high five!*

5 - Why should I avoid trees?
You shouldn't! Climb em! Remember how fun climbing trees was? I miss being a kid.

6 - How did you celebrate your last landmark (18,21, 40...) birthday?
Uh, I guess my last landmark was 21. Um, didn't do anything special. I think I had school or something, I recall it was kind of a sucky day. The following day I went out to eat with my mom, little brother and great grandmother. I suppose other people get drunk on their 21st, but I don't drink.

7 - Have you ever wondered if Jemaine or Bret have middle names and if so what do you think they might be?
Oh snap... you just exploded my mind. Middle names! I think Jemaine's middle name is Bret and Bret's middle name is Jemaine. So they'd be Jemaine Bret Clement and Bret Jemaine McKenzie.

8 - If you could replace a leading actor or actress in any film, what film would it be and why?
I'd replace the vampire dude in Twilight with someone really fugly or old. Because without the hunky dude factor nobody would care about those movies and I wouldn't have to hear about them all day every day.

9 - You can have a day off from your life and swap with someone else. Anyone. Famous or unknown. What would you do and where would you go?
Uh, George Clooney maybe? I'd just bang hot chicks all day pardon my French.

10 - Is this a test and if so do you think you passed or failed?
I passed with flying colors. I don't fail tests. Unless they're math tests. Sometimes I fail math tests.

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:45 am

Are you going through the archives or something?!

:lol:

I'm glad you did...gives me something to do whilst at work (ya know, other than work...)

Haha, this bit does my head in though....
Oh snap... you just exploded my mind. Middle names! I think Jemaine's middle name is Bret and Bret's middle name is Jemaine. So they'd be Jemaine Bret Clement and Bret Jemaine McKenzie.
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:52 am

Purple...deep purple, or red, or black...any bruisey colour :)

2 - What song would you describe as your karaoke song? (You know the one you sing in the shower, or in the car at the top of your lungs, windows wound *up* and would secretly love to sing up on stage with a real microphone and audience instead of a hairbrush and your reflection in the mirror)
Because the Night - Patti Smith....oh dear...

3 - First thought upon seeing/hearing the Conchords for the first time. In 5 words or less.
One on the left has a large head (sorry over 5 words...)

Chicken catching?!

They could fall on you, and cause paralysis...or even worse...death.

Probably was my 21st, I just went out to dinner with friends and family...nothing special really!

7 - Have you ever wondered if Jemaine or Bret have middle names and if so what do you think they might be?
I imagine Jemaine to have a Maori sounding name or European...like Jemaine Xavier or Jemaine Verlaine :P Bret would something quite boring like Bret John or Bret Peter or Bret Paul or Angus or similar!

8 - If you could replace a leading actor or actress in any film, what film would it be and why?
I'd replace Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider...yeah, I wanna look as hot as she does.

9 - You can have a day off from your life and swap with someone else. Anyone. Famous or unknown. What would you do and where would you go?
I'd swap with Vladimir Putin, Russian ex-Pres, I want to know his secrets. He fascinates me.

I think I failed. Yeah, I'm a glass half empty kind!
Last edited by Peaches on Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:18 am

A thread I didn't even know existed! :D

Purple

Running up that hill-Kate Bush

What the hell is this? (I was hooked soon after)

It means someone has found a creative use for that emoticon.

You shouldn't. They're the best thing in the entire world! You should hug their bark-y goodness instead. You know you want to...

I watched my boyfriend sleep and read a book.

You know...I've never wondered that. But, now that you mention it. Jemaine Gustav Clement and Bret ZippySpaceTweezers McKenzie Yes...that feels right!

Maggie Gyllenhaal in the Secretary and that's confidential. :wink:

Tori Amos and where wouldn't I go? I'm Tori Freakin Amos bow to me you inbred hobo shavers! Hmm... it's probably for the best that I'm not Tori.

It's not a test, it's a survey therefore passing or failing is rendered irrelevant due to the distinction.

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:20 am

deliriumtree wrote:8 - If you could replace a leading actor or actress in any film, what film would it be and why?
Maggie Gyllenhaal in the Secretary and that's confidential. :wink:

Aww, flip! I should've chosen that! I love that movie (and James Spader in it...)

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:33 am

YAY reviving old threads! I didnt even know this one existed!

I alternate between purple and blue

2- What song would you describe as your karaoke song? (You know the one you sing in the shower, or in the car at the top of your lungs, windows wound *up* and would secretly love to sing up on stage with a real microphone and audience instead of a hairbrush and your reflection in the mirror)
This songs always changes every couple of days so ATM its Jesus gave me water by Sam Cooke and the Soul Stirrers 8)

guitars, accents, funny, cute... YES!

4 - What does this mean to you?
Catch that chicken!

cause they make me sneeze!

That would be my 21st...and that was too long ago to remember, so it obviously wasnt that much fun..but im sure it involved drinking in public

Hadnt thought about it---maybe Bret Timothy and Jemaine 'something Maori'

Loren Horsley in EvS.. What can I say Im a Jemainiac. :D Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge is a close second...I want Ewan McGregor to sing to me! :sing:

Id swap with some unknown millionare and take a flight to Hawaii ....sand, surf, sun...lounge ahhhh

I think I passed, barely :)

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:04 am

closet jemainiac wrote:8 - If you could replace a leading actor or actress in any film, what film would it be and why?
Loren Horsley in EvS.. What can I say Im a Jemainiac. :D Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge is a close second...I want Ewan McGregor to sing to me! :sing:

Another bloody good one! Oh man, I'm regretting my hotness wish now!

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:09 am

Peaches wrote:
closet jemainiac wrote:8 - If you could replace a leading actor or actress in any film, what film would it be and why?

yis, not only would I *have* to make out with Jem...Id get to do it with an awesome shark costume on! then there's that whole getting on top of me thing.... :snakeman:

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:25 am

closet jemainiac wrote:
Peaches wrote:

yis, not only would I *have* to make out with Jem...Id get to do it with an awesome shark costume on! then there's that whole getting on top of me thing.... :snakeman:

Oh you don't have to tell me :snakeman: I wouldn't mind some 'pretty good six' :lol:

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:37 am

Purple.

2- What song would you describe as your karaoke song? (You know the one you sing in the shower, or in the car at the top of your lungs, windows wound *up* and would secretly love to sing up on stage with a real microphone and audience instead of a hairbrush and your reflection in the mirror)
Don't Stop Believing - Journey

The bigger guy has huge lips. :lol:

:hrm:

:lol:

:roll2:

If they have snow on them it's pretty much a guarantee that one day, while you're just taking a stroll under a tree, BAM, all of the snow winds up on your head. At least in Canada that happens.

Nothing too special, nice dinner with the family...ooh, I went to the basketball game that day too.

Wow, never occurred to me. Jemaine's would be some really random, obscure name that would be unheard of in North America...and I think Bret's would rhyme with his first name. And would have to do with animals. So it would be Bret Pet Mckenzie.

Ooh, Evan Rachel Wood in Across the Universe. You get to sing all the time AND go out with Jim Sturgess.

Oh man, tough one...I'd probably like to swap with someone who lives in a warm climate and has a lot of money. Nice weather and money is a good combination.

I probably failed. I dunno.
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

thestray
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby thestray » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:12 am

I totally misunderstood the "if you could replace any actor" question, haha, I thought it meant with another actor/actress not myself. In that case I'd switch places with Matt Dillon in Wild Things, for obvious guy reasons.

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:19 am

Haha, so you're not dying for a role on the Twilight saga? :lol:

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:52 am

Because sea green happens to be my favorite color and it's a coincidence that 3/24 is my birthday.

The Breaks – Kurtis Blow. I don’t really know. I’ve never sung karaoke. I don’t even know what qualifies as a good karaoke song.

I am amused.

I imagine that this is what Sherry does for fun when she's not spending time with her family or tending to the website.

You shouldn’t.

I worked a closing shift at Borders on my 21st. On my break, I went to the nearest bar and ordered one drink before returning back to work. Landmark? Not so much.

Well, I now know that Bret's middle name is Peter. I want to know what Jemaine's middle name is now! But honestly, before I read this I didn't think about it.

Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone and Home Alone 2. Why? Because I can’t come up with a real answer right now and this is the funniest thing I could think of. Plus, I could add “child star” to my list of accomplishments.

I instantly thought of Miranda. Ideally, it would have to be on a day when Jemaine is “in the mood” and doesn’t have to work. I probably shouldn’t tell you what we’d do. :wink: But that’s such a boring answer. I want to come up with something better.

:dunno:
Last edited by vmh on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:55 am

Ha, really Bret's middle name is Peter?! That was one of my guesses! I knew it had to be some boring Anglo name!

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Off topic rambles”