Cool Pictures

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:56 am

Ok heres the snope I mean scoop from Snopes. (I shouldv'e done this first...duhhh!!!!)

They are real photos but not of Katrina. They are from a stormchaser's collection.

Go here

kneedragger
Half a shapely halibut

Postby kneedragger » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:38 am

Herre are a couple of shots I have that I really like. They are not as poetic as the others, but I guess they are to me.

My G'Father's farm

Uh oh, it's those motorcycles again! :roll:

Sean
"What kind of rapping name is STEVE!"

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:54 am

^E-Boz!!! Beautiful farm Sean :thumb:

Can't believe EBoz will ride for Yamaha in Superstock and FX next year :evil:

Mad at Yamaha not E-Boz

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:55 am

Woah. That motorcycle shot is awesome, Sean. :shock:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:02 pm

That's a lovely shot of your grandfather's farm, Sean, and that's one heck of a motorcycle shot!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

kneedragger
Half a shapely halibut

Postby kneedragger » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:28 am

Johnnyp wrote:^E-Boz!!! Beautiful farm Sean :thumb:

Can't believe EBoz will ride for Yamaha in Superstock and FX next year :evil:

Mad at Yamaha not E-Boz

Thanks folks! It's in Graham County just down the road from the "Dragon's Tail" for all you crazy biker types out there :rolleyes:

I wish he'd stayed with Ducati. I'd like to see the Ducs win in the States. Oh well, it's Yammerhammer time!

Sean

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:05 am

Well looks like big brother Ben is replacing him on the Duc in the AMA next year.

specialkay
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby specialkay » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:33 am

okay, i am back! It is a little crazy around here this time o' year with SEC football and yes, :roll: I am into it too!
These are my pics thatI got from a friend. We are military and as you will see, there are fighter jets doing 'fly-by's' at the football games around here. This is the Auburn Tigers (my ball team) in Auburn , Alabama a few weeks back. Pics are taken from the cockpit of an F-16 as they were ...oh, joyriding that afternoon? :lol: You can see the football stadium underneath the planes and all the orange and also the pilot sporting his own Auburn T-shirt as he flew that day! *I will not mention any names* :wink: hope you think this is as cool as i did :D

"Growing OLD is mandatory but growing UP is optional" :)
~KAREN~

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:19 am

Woah, I got a little bit of vertigo just looking at the second picture. Very cool, Kay.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

kneedragger
Half a shapely halibut

Postby kneedragger » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:58 am

Way cool pics, Kay! Must have been windy sitting up there with a camera!

I used to park at the end of the runway in Sumter, SC, years ago when I worked for Sears, and watch the pilots practice. Especially when they were getting ready for the Top Gun competition. Amazing stuff!!!

Sean

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:09 am

One of my college roommates was from Mobile, Alabama, and I remember the big Alabama school rivalry game being a huge issue, even when her family came to visit us that weekend in New Orleans! I think they were all Aurburn supporters, since a good friend of hers went to Auburn. If not, I'll stick with my memory and say, Go Auburn! :D
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

specialkay

Postby specialkay » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:01 pm

I have had these for a while (obviously) but, I had to get them off a power point to post them. They were taken as Hurrican Katrina blew in off the coast of MS. We are military so these were taken on Keesler AFB and these are my pics (now de-classified) so I can share them.
We did alot of working with the Red Cross as the storm came in; setting up a disaster shelter at local churches and aiding in releif efforts. There are still those living in my area who were left without homes. My mate is a Firefighter (you might have guessed) and these were rescue photos.
Just thought you might like to see what it was really like down there from some place besides the news media.
I have more of civilian areas but, I have to find it...I am sort of a packrat!
Don't really qualify as COOL pics, but, they are quite unbeleivable.
Sorry they are so large, I tried to reduce them.
The Air Force Base is a few miles from the coast and very close to the beach in some places. That is why the surge was so high here.

~KAREN~

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Central Wisconsin Sunset

Postby Andria » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:52 am

:shock: Shocking pictures, Karen. Cool that you caught it on camera, though.

I just happened to look out the window this evening and thought the sunset was beautiful. Lots of trees, lights, power lines, etc. I do live in town, my own fault. I had to go up a floor to get a semi decent shot as it was. :wink:

Ellen

Must go change my underwear now.

Postby Ellen » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:36 pm

This isn’t a picture, it’s a short clip, but I just saw it and I had to share it with you. It’s about a ghost. I was completely freaked out at the end. Read the story (see below), then go to http://video.greatestjournal.com/node/1828
to load the clip.

READ THE STORY FIRST BEFORE YOU OPEN THE VIDEO
Strange but interesting. This is a car advertisement from Great
Britain. When they finished filming the ad, the film
editor noticed something moving along the side of the
car,like a ghostly white mist. They found out that a
person had been killed a year earlier in that
exact same spot.The ad was never put on
TV because of the unexplained ghostly
phenomenon. Watch the front end of the car as
it clears the trees in the middle of the screen and
you'll see the white mist crossing in front of
car then following it along
the road....Spooky! Is it a ghost, or is
it simply mist?
You decide.
If you listen to the ad you'll
even hear the cameraman whispering the
background about it near the end of the commercial. A little
creepy but pretty.

specialkay

Postby specialkay » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:17 pm

okay ellen! after almost tinkling my pants...
i will put up some pics of my peaceful and serene place here at home.
I took my walk yesterday since the weather was so wonderful and took the camera cause i am putting together a scrapbook of sorts of my family for the holidays.
i have three fish ponds and the pics here are of the large one. i took a walk through the woods to get to it where we went to feed the fish. these fish are outrageous and tear the water up getting at my cereal and bread crumbs. anyway, in the disatance, you may be able to see the area where we are getting ready to take on the project of building my dreamy log house...may be more of a nightmare project but, we will see :roll:
and this was the poultry farm we used to have that got hammered by numerous hurricanes. you may be able to see that the one on the right is missing the rest of it...
just thought it was a neat pic the way it appeared in the cam. okay, enough... :lol:
Kay's remote peice of heaven on Earth! :thumb:

~KAREN~

Return to “Off topic rambles”