I hate college.

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
closet jemainiac

Re: I hate college.

Postby closet jemainiac » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:38 am

never mind I saw the pervious post with your classes
I wish there was a Uke class I could take for credit!!!

I bet music apprec will be fun!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:39 am

:bighug: :hug: :goodman:

You'll be fine.....deep breaths and remember that not everyone is looking at you and most of them are just as nervous as you are.

I'm going to be interested to hear about your professors..... :)

CJ- I still have those dreams, and I have no plans to go back to school..... :|
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:39 am

Microbiology (with lab)
Chemistry (with lab)
Epidemiology and Statistics
Interpersonal Communications
Clinical Lab Science Orientation (only 1 credit)

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:49 am

kelly, what degree are you pursuing?

Laura, maybe that means you SHOULD go back to school? Im convinced my dreams were telling me there was more for me to learn...and for me to get off my butt and go for it! Id been contemplating it for years..but was too chicken...

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:54 am

Medical Technology (aka Clinical Laboratory Science)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:55 am

Then my dreams need to start telling me how to get the money to go back to school...... :yawinkle:
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:56 am

If you just took 1-2 classes a semester at Macomb you'd probably only be looking at $500 or so (including books)...

and if you took online classes you'd save on gas and it'd fit your home schedule...

just saying ;)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:06 am

Ah, but I'd have to have a realistic goal in mind rather than Chief Medical Examiner.
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:36 am

LauraK wrote:Ah, but I'd have to have a realistic goal in mind rather than Chief Medical Examiner.

Ugh...if only, right?

That'd be my dream job right there.

*dreamy sigh*

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:21 am

You and me....Co-Chiefs, lol.

It's do-able for you, my friend. :)
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:40 pm

Ohhhhh no - I am NOT going to school for another 8 years LOL - I have 2 left and am sick of it! :lol:

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:27 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Microbiology (with lab)
Chemistry (with lab)
Epidemiology and Statistics
Interpersonal Communications
Clinical Lab Science Orientation (only 1 credit)

I am sooooo jealous ! Micro and Chem are HELLA fun ! Are you atleast kinda pumped about getting to mess with some cooties ? 8) Staining the cooties is the best :geek: Remember burner fights are frowned upon :lol:
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

munchkin
Half a shapely halibut

Postby munchkin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:05 pm

Laura, I've just come late into this thread, but if you want to go to college you MUST go!!
It's never too late.
I know the US system is different from here in Scotland, but I just graduated last year.
I'm 53.

and I'm sooooooooo proud of myself for going back to formal education because it was always something I felt was missing. All my friends had degrees and I didn't and I knew I wouldn't feel satisfied till I had proved to myself that I could too.

So go on. What are you waiting for?

BTW It took me years and years to complete because I was working full time, had a family and had to pay for it myself.

But I did it!

:supz:

Panda..ness
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Panda..ness » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:12 am

(im sorry if i rant, ive had no-one to talk to about this, & i dunno if its right thread but this is about college)
im worrying about college at the moment, because ive been out of school for nearly 3 years, first 2 i was on & off, would go in like 2 days a week, & last year i went once in the whole school year so..
& tomorrow im going to enroll, for the second time in the last week because at the other one they wouldnt let me do what i would like, because i have no GCSES, & i cryed...

they say im having to do 3 years now instead of 2, because id need a year doing GCSES that i didnt do last year, & i REALLY dont want to do that..i want to be in london as soon as possible & i hate where i live, i dont want more time here hahah.
so yeah, im worrying a lot basically..BUT they said that if i do well in intermediate media in the first 6 weeks i can go up to AS level, i dont know if that means 2 years, but i really hope so.

they basically want me to do 3 years & do just gcses for a year because they think it would make me less panicy then doing as level now (because i was off so long i became scared of school work, can you tell?) which i think in the long run will be better..but im still worrying about it.

*breathes* i feel better now haha.

Why did i get double stuffed?

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:58 am

FIRST DAY OF FERRIS TODAY:

It went fine (as in, I didn't get lost (too badly) and I wasn't late for any of my classes) - BUT

I woke up this morning with my left eye puffy. Which had me worried because about a year ago I had to have emergency surgery on it because there was like this huge ... thing under my eye and I was afraid it was starting up again. But when I got to Ferris, it had gone away. THEN - at about noon I felt a pain behind my eyes and knew that I was going to get a migraine, but it was shortly before my microbiology lab so I couldn't take any meds, and right after lab I had chemistry lecture...so I was in major pain through those classes. Then when I got out for the day I had to get halfway home before there was an exit with a fast food restaurant (that's right, Big Rapids only has sit-down restaurants, believe it or not). So I slurped down a class of water and took some excedrine migraine - so I'm feeling better now. But as soon as I got home, I felt my eye was puffy again, looked in the mirror and it was FULL BLOWN SWOLLEN! :( So I dug out my old antibiotic eye drops from the last time this happened and I'm hoping that the swelling will come down a bit before tomorrow - I also have steroid eye drops if I need the swelling to go down in a pinch - but I see a Doctor visit in my near future :( It just really sucks because this is making me remember back when I was at Grand Valley and I got mono, 3 strep infections and an eye infection in ONE 15 WEEK SEMESTER. It's like my body is allergic to 4 year Universities! I NEVER got this sick when I was at NMC (community college)

And I just heard from my friend Marty who is taking John's political theory class and...just all this talk about John is making me miss him hardcore right now :( I feel like writing him an e-mail but I don't want to seem like a "Mel".

OTHER THAN ALL THAT THOUGH - I'm enjoying it. All of my Professors are ACE - it looks like my chem professor is going to be a blast. My microbiology lecture prof seems kinda out there - but really wants students to succeed which is nice - and my microbiology lab prof is a SUPER sweet girl - VERY VERY nice which is great to have in a lab prof :)

Return to “Off topic rambles”