I hate college.

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: I hate college.

Postby LauraK » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:03 am

Aw Kelly...that sucks!

But do take really good care- that's your eye! Are those drops expired? If so, get in and see a doc or call and beg for a new script...

I'll be sending vibes and prayers that it gets better. :hug:

PS- Glad you made it on time and other than the migraine (stress??) and eye swelling, it went well.....
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:16 am

I wonder if extreme stress is my trigger - though there have been times I've gotten migraines on completely stress free days...but the very first migraine I ever had was the night before my d and c shortly after Desmond was born. This would be my first "surgery" since having Des via c-section (which I was drugged up for). So I was really stressed. But I had a migraine a few weeks ago while I was on vacation! Maybe I have more than one trigger...?

Maybe I should take more xanax or something...

Also - Marty just extended an open invitation to me to come sit in with him for John's class. Said John told him to tell me I was always welcome to sit in.

Too bad their meeting days/times are the same as my Microbiology Lecture...I'm going to go look at our school calenders and see if there are any Mondays/Wednesdays that I have off that NMC might have class...if not I am so tempted to play hooky one day that we don't have much going on (there's one Monday where my micro lab is not meeting and another day where my chem professor is in Washington St. doing a thing on beer :lol:) and go sit in...I mean...it's JOHN we're talking about, and he INVITED me...it'd be rude to deny him ;)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:02 am

Yes, it would! And I can only imagine his reaction if you showed up wearing a funky, funky eyepatch...... :lol:

[finger-shaking-smiley] Did you check to see if those eydrops are still ok? Take care of your eye..... :hug:

I think migraines can have more than 1 trigger. I know they're complicated- different types and so many different drugs/treatments that work differently for everyone. Ugh. I hope they ease up...
ImageImage

munchkin
Half a shapely halibut

Postby munchkin » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:15 am

Kelly, be careful with the steroid drops. In certain eye conditions (I'm a retired registered nurse) it can be dangerous to use steroid eye drops.

I can't remember in what circumstances it can be dangerous, because it was very long ago I was in opthalmics :oops:

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:25 am

Kelly do you think that the eyes thing/ migraine could be allergy related. I have crap happen like that when my allergies get bad.

jillbean
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby jillbean » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:20 pm

Don't even get me started on migraines. I have a strong family history of them and ironically, they did not start for me until I was working at a headache clinic ("I don't just work here, I'm a patient too!").

Not sure if you have had them checked out by a doc or not but there are some helpful (free) tools at http://www.headaches.org, the national headache foundation. There are so many different triggers it is just ridiculous-I have one aunt that gets one if she eats garlic that is too strong [for her]!

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:32 pm

Emafer and Jill -

I am not sure what my triggers are, though I think too much sunlight might be one of them (or maybe too much squinting due to sunlight?) and maybe stress as the other.

My eye is doing better now :)

John invited me to sit in one of his classes this semester so I'm trying to figure out which date would be best for my schedule...

hmm what else is going down?

And the eye/migraine problems might be allergy related - I don't get many migraines at all during the winter. Actually, I can't remember getting a single migraine all winter...hmm :hrm

jillbean

Postby jillbean » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:03 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Emafer and Jill -

I am not sure what my triggers are, though I think too much sunlight might be one of them (or maybe too much squinting due to sunlight?) and maybe stress as the other.

My eye is doing better now :)

John invited me to sit in one of his classes this semester so I'm trying to figure out which date would be best for my schedule...

hmm what else is going down?

And the eye/migraine problems might be allergy related - I don't get many migraines at all during the winter. Actually, I can't remember getting a single migraine all winter...hmm :hrm

Kelly,

the website link I put up has a calendar template you can print out or you can just jot them down in your own calendar but I found that writing down whenever I get one really helped me see a pattern with them; I would note what I ate, the weather conditions and factors like feeling stressed. It's funny, I tend to do well during the stressful situation but as soon as it is over BAM! migraine. And of course there are always hormones to factor in, though it does not sound like yours are linked.

The thing with your eye and the migraines could definitely be linked; there are folks that have extreme sensitivity to light at different times of having a migraine and others that have that and things like swelling and tears. I am not sure if any of those make you more susceptible to infection and that is why I am no doctor! Well, that and the fact that touching strangers beyond a handshake or hug kinda gives me the heebie jeebies. :wink:

Glad to hear you are feeling better! And I will need to look through previous posts to get the scoop on this John you speak of... :)

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:30 am

I'm glad that John asked you to it in on a class. That's awesome :D

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:48 am

It is awesome! I'm so excited that he would ask me :D I'm still trying to pick which day would be best for me to head down there. He says that he would love to offer me an open invitation but the college administration only allows him to let him have a student sit in a couple classes each semester. Which is probably all the better because his classes run directly with my Microbiology class at Uni so I don't really need him tempting me to play hookey all the time ;) Because oh, I would.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:40 am

D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

VaiVedrai

Postby VaiVedrai » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:21 am

Kelly, I'm really glad for you! :D

I'm also starting to sympathize even more since starting a Theatre course this semester, and am becoming just a bit "besotted" with the teacher. (It was the first word that came to mind; I'm not going crazy. :roll: )
If you don't know the answer, change the question.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:26 pm

I see John tomorrow! :cheer: :cheer:

And I'm only skipping microbiology lecture to see him ;)

BUT, in my defense, I am already friends with a few people in that class and they all said I could get the notes off of them... so I'm not being COMPLETELY irresponsible ;)

I am freaking giddy with excitement...

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:13 pm

How did it go?
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:55 pm

Well - I completely forgot to e-mail him and let him know I'd be coming in that day, and he asked me to give him at least a day's notice. So I realized I couldn't actually do it that day. So I e-mailed him on Thursday to let him know I'd be in on Monday. So ... MONDAY I will be seeing John, FOR REAL THIS TIME. He even let me know what they were reading so I could come prepared for the discussion 8)

Return to “Off topic rambles”