Food poisoning

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Emafer

Re: Food poisoning

Postby Emafer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:49 am

oh man BUMMER!!! that sucks, I'm so sorry. I backed up my computer last night just in case something happened but I think I'll run another scan today.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:01 am

He says that I should be okay in the short term as long as I don't login to any "sensitive" accounts (credit cards, bank accounts, etc), but he's going to be taking care of it tomorrow for me.

It's just a bit awkward because he's in love with me and I'm 0% interested in him.

TBH I'm repulsed by his forwardness at times.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:17 am

Hmmm, interesting. Well I would tell him how I feel if I were you. But warmly and gently.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:18 am

Here's something that may be of help:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ ... 7501.story

It says that if you have it, you'll be able to navigate the web but not be able to go to sites run by Microsoft or security sites like Symantec.

I hope your friend....shall we call him "Mel?...." is able to get your computer cleaned of it and back on track again. Good luck!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:14 am

He's going to have to do a complete reformat and reinstall. Which means I'll lose everything. But I spent a good amount of time last night transferring the important files to the desktop computer so I can pretty easily transfer them back later today once he's done. And by important, I mean all of my FOTC related stuff :lol:

And I HAVE told him how I feel, he just refuses to give up.

:dunno:

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:10 pm

It this is the most AWKWARD 20 minutes I will ever spend. Bless him though, it is obvious how nervous he is. If only John could want me like this LOL.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Oh man I thought that virus was a fake. Good luck getting rid of it. Mine had a virus awhile back, between myself and my 2 computer geek buddies we eventually got rid of it a few weeks later but my computer hasn't been 100% right since. I think it's still lurking on there.
90% evil
ImageImage

Spumony5000
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Spumony5000 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:24 pm

I thought the same thing SW until I heard about it on the news. I scanned and patched my computer just in case. Sorry to hear about your computer Kelly. I hope it all works out for you.
Do you want to borrow my jumper Bowie?

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:34 pm

Well, I've reformatted with everything working perfectly now. He also gave me like every program under the sun I'll ever use (and a bunch I'm sure I'll NEVER use). But for some reason the driver for my wireless card isn't working right so ... hopefully we can get that figured out so I can get back online with my laptop.

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:52 pm

One of my husband's computer hasn't been able to get online for a year. It will only connect to the Internet for about 1 minute and then it goes offline. I know it's a virus and that we'll have reformat it. It just hasn't been a priority since we have two other computers and now a laptop. But there are files and stuff on there that he would like to access and get online and he can't.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:00 pm

No good, Emafer! :(

Well, the reformat has been a success. I'm almost completely back up and running (just have to transfer all of my precious FOTC stuff back onto my computer). And, dare I say it, my computer is better off than when I first received it! :clap:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:13 pm

I love receiving emails with Food Poisoning in the header.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:22 pm

That's what you get for requesting to be notified by e-mail for new posts ;)

Us slackers just log in every 30 minutes or so to check for new posts ourselves -- wow, that sounds pretty pathetic now that I read it back in black and white. Erm...black and light blue...

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:41 pm

hahahaha, it's not pathetic. It's lack poking your head through the door of a bar to see if you buds are there.

....ok, it does sound pathetic.

Return to “Off topic rambles”