LOST *WARNING: Spoilers Inside!*

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
kellysouthpaw

LOST *WARNING: Spoilers Inside!*

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:33 pm

Okay - WTF @ this show? Like parts of it are starting to fall into place, but I'm still left with so many questions!

What does Ben mean by "Judgment Day" has arrived for him? (preview for next week's show)

My dad and I just laughed this evil laugh when we heard that.

I've gotta be honest. I LOVE Ben's character. He's cute in a sort of...tormented, demented way.

Why must I love the broken ones?

Discuss :D

TheFool
Half a shapely halibut

Re: LOST *WARNING: Spoilers Inside!*

Postby TheFool » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Well big bad smoke monster has a history of judging then killing Mr. Eko in the face. So there's always that (especially with the whole "I can't control this thing" bit he said). I for one am miffed as always that Sayid didn't make sure Ben was dead, just like everyone in every movie and show. Even though I'm pretty sure Ben will end up being a good, if not the best, guy (just mysterious and murderous for reasons not yet fully explained), it's still frustrating watching people be so dern careless, but that's dramatic tension for ya. And I quite enjoyed the whole implied "I'm a killer because you said I was because I tried to kill you because you said I was because I tried to kill you because...". But yeah, Ben is too much of a apparently evil person to not be secretly good in the end.
Talkin' about the thyroid

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:03 pm

Ben lived in the past to grow up into the Ben we know and love/hate......so he couldn't die. I wasn't worried about that.

I think his judgement has to do with him making the mistake (Accidental? Purposeful?) of moving the island himself when it was supposed to be John. I mean, I thought it was a mistake sicne he so obviously didn't want to go...he was crying while turning the wheel!

Who will be judging him? Perhaps Jacob? (Christian as Jacob?? I still don't "get" him...)

Looks to me like he's going to let the smoke monster out to git someone but that he can't control it.....he sure seemed to be able to when he sicced it on the freighter dudes!

Tom and I LOVED when Hurley asked Miles "how come Ben didn't recognize Sayid as the guy who shot him when he was a kid???" LOL!! That was great!

Who says he didn't?? I bet he did. I think it's also why, when he went to Santo Domingo and they discussed his killing for Ben and Sayid said he wasn't a killer...Ben said "Oh. I misjudged you."

Only no! He didn't! :) He knew all along that Sayid was the one who shot him as a child.

I loved that Kate gave Aaron to Claire's Mum. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:20 pm

Aw, I loved that too!

Am I the only one who really despises Juliet's character? She just rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

And did anyone notice when Sawyer (I will always call him that) and Kate handed wounded kid Ben over to Richard (also notice that Richard and Daniel Farraday never age throughout time?) that some guy went up to Richard and was like, "What about Whitmore?" (Widmore?) before Richard cut him off with the "He's not the ruler" or something like that.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:05 am

I was too dazzled by Kate's ridiculous beauty to process much of this ep (yeah I have a girl crush - so what?). When whathisname started explaining the timeline to Hurley I struggled to focus and understand. Then Hurley found a hole in the theory right away - figures - just when you think you're actually going to learn something important you're shot down. This show is all about Ben for me, aside from Freckles & Sayid's puppy sex eyes I couldn't give 2 hooters about any of these people. Ben is the master, Ben is the key, Ben is the most complex and interesting character I've seen on TV in ages & I want to know his story already dammit. :waiting:
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:24 am

True that! When Jack refused to operate on Ben I was like, "JACK YOU'VE DONE IT BEFORE - WTF IS THE PROBLEM NOW!?" Literally yelling that at the TV.

Ben IS the key to this whole show. Ben dies, I stop watching. Easy as that. :hrmpf:

And Kate is UNDENIABLY gorgeous. I have a girl crush to, nothing wrong with that SW. You and I have great taste in men AND in women, IMHO :tonqe:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:19 am

It didn't matter...Ben had already lived after being shot when he was a child- so he was going to live. That's really his past- so he's ok. It's the Losties who are in the wrong past, so they're fair game to die.

I think that Ben's girlfriend who we met in his previous flashbacks is going to eventually be his wife.....and she'll probably end up dead while pregnant. I suspect that she grew up to look a lot like Juliet. (Who, I have to agree is ethereally beautiful!) Part of the reason Ben was so psyched to get Juliet there and fix their problem......maybe from guilt??

I think Juliet's gonna bite it somehow.

I also don't think Ben's the key- I think Richard is. He's really the only one we've seen who hasn't aged. Whenever we saw Daniel in different times, it was strictly from the island's time-jumps. Richard though.....sheet. We've seen him in the 50's, 70's, 80's, possibly the 90's and the 00's- always looking the same.

At another board, someone pointed out all of the Egyptian references. Remember the cave where the skeletons of 2 people were found? There were hieroglyphics in there........also in that tunnel off Ben's room......also in the wheel-room under the Orchid station. Remember when Amy's husband was killed? She took off his necklace to keep...,it was an Egyptian Ankh, which means eternal life. Which seems to be what Richard has going on.

And when Richard took little Ben to heal him, I'd be willing to bet that that structure that seemed to be camouflaged so well was actually Egyptian in architecture.

Tom and I both didn't hear the name that one dude spoke so clearly. Whidmore would make sense....we don't really know when he was made to leave, do we? He must've turned the wheel and moved the island though.

Who or whatever Jacob is is huge, too, imo. Remember there was a list? I think that at one time, Whidmore's name was on there and he was leader. Then, it was Ben. Now- Locke. But why? And wth is Jacob??

I think they were all pulled there by what they can do for the island....how they can help to fix things.

Remember how, after Michael had served his purpose Christian appeared to him and said "You can go now," or words to that effect, just before the freighter blew up? Cold!

I think that the Dharmites are going to cause some sort of colossal screw-up that keeps women and their unborn babies from living thru pregnancy- among other things- and that the Losties might just be there to prevent that screw-up from happening. That would in turn keep the purge from ever happening.....OR maybe they'll be able to fix things after the fact. IF I'm right, then I think that's how the show will end. When they "fix" it.....the future they've lived will no longer be the same. There may be a white flash and we'll then see our Losties living the lives they were meant to, were it not for the screw-ups on the island. Claire will make it to CA and maybe she'll meet and fall in love with Charlie.......Kate and.....Sawyer? will end up together......maybe Hurley wins that lottery but has no bad luck.....Jack's father doesn't drink himself to death and they have a decent relationship.......

That's my guess. I could go on and on and on and on about LOST. I love it! Forgive my ramblings....
ImageImage

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:36 am

Having not watched one bit of Lost since S2 episode 3 I am now going to Google Ben and find out who he is.

But still no plans to watch the rest of the seasons. Just want to see who you are all talking about :lol:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:57 pm

It'll be cool to have them all on DVD to watch in a marathon when it's all over. :)

I think if I didn't know it was actually ending and that we'd be getting answers, it would be making me insane! :rolleyes:
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:13 pm

Well Laura you've clearly been paying more attention than I have. I admit I haven't been ultra feverishly devoted this season. I watch but I'm not very good at putting any pieces together anymore. I kind of gave up on that stuff long ago. I don't even know who Amy is or recall seeing heiroglyphics. Who's Richard? Alpert? My feeling is that once we know Ben's story many other integral stories will fall into place.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:39 pm

SheWolf wrote:Well Laura you've clearly been paying more attention than I have. I admit I haven't been ultra feverishly devoted this season. I watch but I'm not very good at putting any pieces together anymore. I kind of gave up on that stuff long ago. I don't even know who Amy is or recall seeing heiroglyphics. Who's Richard? Alpert? My feeling is that once we know Ben's story many other integral stories will fall into place.

Same. I didn't watch Season 3 (or 4 I think), but then picked back up pretty religiously in season 5, so some of what Laura is saying is going above my head as well. And yes, by Richard she means Alpert :)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:27 pm

Oh, I'm LOST-addicted. :)

Amy is the chick Sawyer and Juliet rescued from the Hostiles in '74. It was her husband who'd just been killed and he was wearing the Ankh necklace.

Yep, R Alpert, or as I prefer to call him- Eyeliner Dude.

Have you guys ever gone over to ABC.com and watch any of the Lost-Untangled? Theya re a RIOT. They act out the previous episodes using Lost dolls, paper dolls (of people who didn't warrant having a doll made!), storyboards, and narration.....check it out:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=lostuntangled

(You can click browse and watch others- this one wasn't as funny....just when I want to show it off to you guys.....) :lol:
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:00 pm

Oh okay Amy is the curly headed chick.

Yes eyeliner dude. I always thought he had eyeliner on but I think it's just that his bottom eyelashes are very black and thick.

Now can you refresh my memory as to who Jacob is? And what ever happened to my man Farraday?
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:41 pm

Might not be eyeliner but it sure looks like it....plus it's fun to call him Eyeliner Dude. ;)

Jacob is that unseen, unknown person who's apparently calling the shots or at least that's what Benw ants us to think. Remember Ben talking to him in that cabin in the jungle? There was a rocking chair with no one in it, yet is was rocking. And there were screen shots all over the web showing that there was indeed someone sitting there a frame or two! And then when it was John's turn to go and talk to him, the cabin had disappeared??
Then (in Cabin Fever) John had a dream where Horace was chopping down a tree over and over and it kept being unchopped.....very freaky....and he told John that he'd been dead for 12 years and that John had to find him- Horace. When John awoke, Ben was staring at him and he said, sulkily, "I used to have dreams..."
Anyway, John took them to the Dharma pit-o-bodies where he found the schematic/map of The Cabin and they found it. John went in and Christian, (!!), Jack's dad, was in there along with Claire. (WTF?!) When he came out, he told Ben and Hurley that he'd been told that they had to move the island.

I don't know where Daniel is- they haven't told us yet. My guess is that he went back to the mainland on the sub and will come back before whatever's going to happen happens. :)

Here's another Untangled that's pretty good.... http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=lostuntangled I love the voice they give to Ben....so sinsiterly (new word alert!) funny!

This one's great- get al oad of Des' voice, "Brother!" http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=lostuntangled
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:50 pm

Here's some bits to refresh your memory on Jacob: This is all from http://lost.about.com/od/theories/a/jacobtheory_2.htm

While Ben was being held in the armory of the Swan Hatch, he referred to "him" as a great man. Though he didn't use the name, he was probably referring to Jacob.

Later, on Hydra Island, Jack does spinal surgery on Ben. Pickett is upset by this and says to another Other, "Ben just put his life in the hands of one of them!" He draws his gun. "Shephard wasn't even on Jacob's list." (Ep: 3x6, I Do)

Mikhail tells Kate of the list and when she asks what list, he says, "The man who brought me here, who brought all of my people here, he's a magnificent man." Kate assumes he is talking about Ben, but Mikhail says that he is not talking about Ben (Ep: 3x12, Par Avion).

In a Juliet flashback, we see Ben promise Juliet that Jacob will cure Juliet's sister's cancer (Ep: 3x16, One of Us). In addition, he talks about Jacob as if he is some kind of God.

In The Man Behind The Curtain, we saw Ben talking to an apparently empty chair. Locke (and we) thought he was nuts, until we heard a strange voice say, "Help me," and things started shaking, Ben was pushed against the wall, and we saw flickers of a man sitting in the chair.
As they approached the cabin, Ben told Locke that they wouldn't take the flashlights in because Jacob didn't like technology. On first viewing, it appeared that Jacob "freaked out" when Locke shined the flashlight in his direction. Upon further viewings I've come to believe that it wasn't the flashlight that sparked the disruption, it was the fact that Locke was about to tell Ben what Jacob had said.
It seems Jacob did not want Ben to know that he'd asked Locke to help him, but Ben obviously needed to know. After asking several times, Ben finally shot Locke to find out what was said.

Is he real? A figment of Locke and Ben's imagination? Is this science or science fiction? Why could Ben hear him and not Locke and vice versa?
I think Jacob is real. He may not be a person in the physical sense, but I do believe that he is a real living, breathing, thinking entity. Somehow Ben has power over him, which is why Jacob needs the help from Locke.

I think Jacob controls the smoke monster and is the entity behind presumed dead people showing up on the island.

I'm curious as to why MIles ahsn't sensed Jacob yet......could it be the circle of ashes Ben had placed around the cabin??

Here are some theories on Jacob and the cabin from LostPedia: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Jacob's_cabin/Theories

Have you noticed the Wizard of Oz references? So many possibilities....I can't wait for it to all play out! :)
ImageImage

Return to “Off topic rambles”