LOST *WARNING: Spoilers Inside!*

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
LauraK
Boom King!

Re: LOST *WARNING: Spoilers Inside!*

Postby LauraK » Mon May 24, 2010 10:46 pm

I feel like Richard made it back to civilization and lived who-knows-how-long and then died. And he moved on, cuz lord knows, he was probably ready to let go and move for a loooong time! :) I don't think it's that he didn't feel connected enough but that they didn't need him. Not in a mean way, just matter-of-fact. :)

And yep, that's what I meant about Ben. He wasn't ready to move on...had done too much wrong in his mind so couldn't let go yet.

I'm really behind this....I love that thsi show has made us think so hard and given everyone so much to puzzle over and talk about. There'll probably never be another show like it. I'm probably showing my inner-nerd again by saying that I'm proud to have watched every single episode from day 1 as they aired. (Like most everyone in this thread, I bet!) I remember how gobsmacked I was from the pilot on. :) I felt like I was part of something special last night and wondered how many people were watching.
Lame, but I don't care! :P
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon May 24, 2010 11:05 pm

I know they have a devoted fan base but they also lost a lot of people along the way. I went back and forth. I enjoyed season 1 then drifted off during season 2 which I think was the season when you could never find it on TV & when you did it was repeats half the time. The Desmond in the hatch season was by far my favorite. Everything after that was okay, I watched and on occasion was riveted but I really got a sense that they were shaggy doggin' it. It boggles my mind that you can create a complex story such as lost but not really know where it's going to end up because to me the point is that the end needs to make sense and be a real :o moment. It was a few seasons in before the writers decided to put a timeline to it and devise an end. I'm not disappointed but based on the way the final season was going, I wasn't expecting much. I guess the bottom line is that I don't feel the ending was up to the standard of the show but endings seldom are. IMHO 6 ft Under remains the best ending to a series ever. And FOTC is right up there too though I know many people wouldn't agree, I think it was perfect.
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon May 24, 2010 11:42 pm

While I never watched 6Ft Under, I did watch the finale, lol. Go figure...I had to see.

I agree about FOTC, I too thought the end was perfect. But it was light and sweet and that was perfect for it. :)

Lost's had impact and depth. I guess it's because I got on board and stayed on board and expected a lot and I do feel like they delivered. And even beyond that, it's not a pat ending. It's open to interpretation.
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon May 24, 2010 11:48 pm

Maybe it's because I'm not at all religious. I just felt like it took a spiritual turn there at the last few episodes after several seasons of plot line where it could not have been religious. :dunno:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue May 25, 2010 1:03 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:Maybe it's because I'm not at all religious. I just felt like it took a spiritual turn there at the last few episodes after several seasons of plot line where it could not have been religious. :dunno:
Regardless of where it turned it turned me off for the same reason (as did Flash Forward). Some people will try to downplay it by saying it's spiritual or about faith rather than religion but those words all have the same meaning to me.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue May 25, 2010 1:26 am

Ditto :nod:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue May 25, 2010 4:28 am

The last Untangled...basically a long song. The bit about the smoke monster's funny. :D I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they didn't delve too deeply into it....:)

http://abc.go.com/shows/lost/lost-untan ... pId=261995
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Wed May 26, 2010 11:46 pm

For anyone unsure of what the finale meant....just read this. :D

http://designwoop.com/2010/05/lost-fina ... ined-well/
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu May 27, 2010 10:32 pm

um...er...it's still not really an answer for me. Or is that I just don't like the answer? Why couldn't Jacob kill MIB? Why did he think the candidates could? Why couldn't MIB kill the candidates? How can the the lostaways create a sideways world where they exist in purgatory? These are only some of the questions I have from reading only the first few paragraphs.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu May 27, 2010 10:58 pm

How can the lostaways "create" a sideways world where they exist in purgatory with a HYDROGEN bomb, no less...and not DIE in the process? Hydrogen bombs are STRONG.

kipples
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby kipples » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:33 am

How lost should have ended

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:25 pm

:roll2:

LauraK
Boom King!