What do you want to be when you grow up?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
thestray
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: What do you want to be when you grow up?

Postby thestray » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:51 am

I'm 25, but I don't necessarily consider myself a "grown up", heh. At the moment I'm a freelance designer/illustrator. I do artwork for t-shirts. It's not a completely steady living yet, because I'm a small fish in a big pond, but I enjoy it. My real dream though is to write and direct feature animation or animated tv series. I'm a cartoon junkie. I went to school for animation.
I also do a little music as a side project, I don't really take it that seriously, but it would be cool to put out a cd some day and play some show and score some groupies and coke. Just kidding about the coke part, totally not kidding about the groupies part.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:06 am

Isnt that how every guy musician decides to join/form a band? They want groupies? :lol:

I dont know that I consider myself a cartoon junkie, but Ive watched my fair share of cartoons in my day...Im not so much into Adult Swim these days, but when it first started I was all about it...when the promos were snippets of a lifeguard shouting at people at the pool.. :)

thestray

Postby thestray » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:21 am

Yeah those were the days. I miss staying up to watch Space Ghost.

thestray

Postby thestray » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:23 am

Oh and yeah, groupies are a big draw, haha. I never know what to say to girls, it would be a lot easier if they just automatically wanted to make out with me when they saw me.

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:26 am

At least there's still Metalocalypse and Sqidbillies. That's about all I watch on Adult Swim now.

thestray

Postby thestray » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:33 am

I love Metalocalypse. It's by the same guy who did Home Movies, which is my all-time favorite Adult Swim show. Don't care much for Squidbillies though.

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:48 am

Being from the deep south helps make Squidbillies a lot funnier I'm sure. Sadly I grew up around people that the show reminds me of.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:27 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Home Movies! That and Aqua Teen Hunger force are my all time favs. I dont like metalocalypse..but I really havnt given it a fair shot ....I like Squidbillies.... "He's got one o' dem worky jobs" :lol: Red, the south does not own those kinds of folks...they're in the midwest too! :lol:

I like Oblongs, Sealab, and what was that one with the cartoonist or writer that lived with his brother....I only ever remember that it had a Cake song as the theme and the "spicy pants" episode.

I still lament the lack of pool promos...hubby and I quote them ..."Sir, there's no eating in the pool...Sir! what is that? pimento cheese?..Sir! No eating in the pool!" I know....Im a nerd :geek:

thestray

Postby thestray » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:36 pm

You're talking about Mission Hill, that was a good show.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:39 pm

thestray wrote:You're talking about Mission Hill, that was a good show.

That's it!

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:03 am

I knew I was in the right place ... I will admit watching Adult Swim since it started :oops: I can not tell you how many monday mornings I was late when they only played the good stuff Sunday nights. I wish they could bring back Lucy; cause H. Jon Benjamin is da bomb :nana: Also I totally miss Harvey Birdman (they had freakin' Lewis Black !!!! )

BTW Mission Hill was freakin' suhweet.. started out on the WB (?!?) and Cartoon network repeated it thankfully so others could see it. I love the style they did it in. I am hoping that Adult Swim will do the same for Sit Down, Shut Up :pray: since Fox killed it.

Is it wrong coach McGuirk is a cartoon crush of mine ? :P
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:06 am

Not any wronger ( :? ) than Brandon's mom being one of my husband's crushes

and that cyclops lady from futurama...wierdo :lol:

thestray

Postby thestray » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:29 am

Haha. I miss Harvey Birdman too. I actually know the animation director of that show, Les. Well through mypace, but that still counts.

I haven't really watched Adult Swim in a while, I tend to just find episodes of Venture Bros and Metalocalypse online.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:48 am

thestray wrote:Oh and yeah, groupies are a big draw, haha. I never know what to say to girls, it would be a lot easier if they just automatically wanted to make out with me when they saw me.

ha! You've been all over this forum already...I cant imagine you dont have anything to say to girls! Maybe you should try putting on a kiwi accent and playing the guitar...Im sure girls would want to make out with you from the get go then LOL

thestray

Postby thestray » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:17 pm

Haha, once I have my foot in the door I'm fine, it's just the approaching a complete stranger I know nothing about and starting and sustaining a conversation part that I have a problem with (especially if said stranger is really pretty). It was easy in highschool because you already know the girls, you have classes with them, you talk to them already, it's not weird or random. But now that I'm "all growns up" it's different haha, I never fully developed that skill-set because oddly enough I always dated assertive girls who made the first move on me. I'm learning that I can't just get by on my extremely good looks anymore. No matter how insanely attractive I happen to be I still have to work on my "game". This ridiculously handsome face isn't going to do all the work for me.

Return to “Off topic rambles”