Uncontrollable Giggle Fits

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Re: Uncontrollable Giggle Fits

Postby mockingbird » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:48 pm

:roll2: OMG. Did you read the first comment under the You Tube video? :lol: I'm glad it had a positive impact on someone's life. ;) Surely that was not actually written by Nancy Reagan, I don't know for sure but I think she would have included less zippety zap. :lol:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:15 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:Need a laugh today? I did, and this did the trick. http://www.happyplace.com/4042/most-abs ... isclaimers
That site is the shizz :prayer:
90% evil
ImageImage

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:48 am

So, today I left work and walked over to the next street where I park my car. I pulled on the handle to get into the car and it was locked. I thought that was weird because I never lock my car, but who knows, maybe I hit the lock button by mistake while I was getting out. :dunno: So I unlock the car and get in, stick the key in the ignition and turn it, and nothing happens. :? This is really bad news because I have to pick up my daughter from school in 20 minutes. I turn it a few more times, still nothing. So I'm sitting in the car, trying to figure out my options, and it dawns on me that this car is a lot cleaner than when I got out of it this morning, and that's when I realized it wasn't my car. :lol: :doh: What happened was, I usually park in the spot that this car was in, but this morning I had parked a little further down the street. What are the odds that another white Volvo station wagon would be parked in that exact spot this afternoon? :lol: Thank goodness it didn't start, I would totally have accidentally stolen someone's car. :shock:

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:05 am

mockingbird wrote:So, today I left work and walked over to the next street where I park my car. I pulled on the handle to get into the car and it was locked. I thought that was weird because I never lock my car, but who knows, maybe I hit the lock button by mistake while I was getting out. :dunno: So I unlock the car and get in, stick the key in the ignition and turn it, and nothing happens. :? This is really bad news because I have to pick up my daughter from school in 20 minutes. I turn it a few more times, still nothing. So I'm sitting in the car, trying to figure out my options, and it dawns on me that this car is a lot cleaner than when I got out of it this morning, and that's when I realized it wasn't my car. :lol: :doh: What happened was, I usually park in the spot that this car was in, but this morning I had parked a little further down the street. What are the odds that another white Volvo station wagon would be parked in that exact spot this afternoon? :lol: Thank goodness it didn't start, I would totally have accidentally stolen someone's car. :shock:

1. You leave your car door unlocked?

2. Your key unlocked someone else's car? :o
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:24 am

1. Yes

2. Yes - and it fit into the ignition, too! :shock: So you can imagine my thorough disorientation at the moment I finally looked around and realized none of my stuff was in the car, lol. For a brief moment I thought someone had stolen all the contents of my car, which would actually be doing me a favor because all I have in there is a random assortment of junk that needs to be thrown out anyway. :lol:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. Someone who lives in my apartment complex had the exact same car as me and hers was parked where mine normally is. I unlocked hers with my keyless entry remote and it was only when I was trying to start the ignition (key fit but it wouldn't start the car) that I realized I was in the wrong car. I mentioned it to the dealer sometime later because I didn't think that my remote should be able to unlock her door but he said it can happen. Weirdness.
90% evil
ImageImage

eejm
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby eejm » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:34 pm

mockingbird wrote:So, today I left work and walked over to the next street where I park my car. I pulled on the handle to get into the car and it was locked. I thought that was weird because I never lock my car, but who knows, maybe I hit the lock button by mistake while I was getting out. :dunno: So I unlock the car and get in, stick the key in the ignition and turn it, and nothing happens. :? This is really bad news because I have to pick up my daughter from school in 20 minutes. I turn it a few more times, still nothing. So I'm sitting in the car, trying to figure out my options, and it dawns on me that this car is a lot cleaner than when I got out of it this morning, and that's when I realized it wasn't my car. :lol: :doh: What happened was, I usually park in the spot that this car was in, but this morning I had parked a little further down the street. What are the odds that another white Volvo station wagon would be parked in that exact spot this afternoon? :lol: Thank goodness it didn't start, I would totally have accidentally stolen someone's car. :shock:

I did this once too, only the car I got into was unlocked. I was in a big parking lot, and I walked up to the car I thought was mine and got in. I thought it was a little strange that the car was unlocked (this was in the days before key FOBs), but figured I'd just forgotten to do it. It wasn't the same model as my car, but it was a similar model and also the same color. I realized just before I put the key in the ignition that the gearshift had a different shape and...yeah, I was in the wrong car. My car was down a few spaces. I looked around to make sure no one saw me (who might think I was stealing something out of the car), got out, and tiptoed over to my own, locked car. With the right gearshift.

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:01 pm

I have a fairly common vehicle, but all I have to do is look for the lacy round Flight of the Conchords doily sticker in the window and I know it's mine. 8)

One time I was sitting in car line to pick up my son from school and I had the shock of watching him hop into a car that looked just like mine a few spots ahead of me. I'm sure he had an anxious moment when 'Mom' had changed so much since morning. :lol:
Image..Image..Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:33 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:One time I was sitting in car line to pick up my son from school and I had the shock of watching him hop into a car that looked just like mine a few spots ahead of me. I'm sure he had an anxious moment when 'Mom' had changed so much since morning. :lol:
:roll2:

This generic car thing is for the birds. 2 cars ago I had a silver car, talk about generic and forgettable. I could never spot my car easily in a lot and lord knows I can never remember where I've parked. My current car is black, equally generic and sucky in more ways than just color (don't get a Fiesta, I'm tellin ya!). I so miss my fire engine red Focus that could be spotted from space, not to mention that it was totally cute & dubbed The Flying Tomato by people who know the way I drive. :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:46 am

:rolls: :bounce: :roll2: You guys.

I never had this problem, but in my family I have one of five silver cars. There were two other silver PT Cruisers in my old neighborhood, so early on I memorized my license plate. :roll:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:28 am

A couple of years ago me, Jake, and my Mom were going over to my Aunt Nita's house. I pulled in the driveway, we were yakking, we went to the door and walked in and up the steps into the kitchen and a few things hit me. 1. There was a strange man in the kitchen 2. The kitchen had been redone in a more retro style than Aunt Nita's previous kitchen 3. the floor was ugly and dirty. (But he was sweeping it at the time.)

He actually welcomed us, lol, and we were still kind of in a "duh" fog where the reality of the situatuion hadn't quite sunk in yet. I think I said something like "where's Aunt Nita?" and he said, smiling, "probably next door in her house..." :shock: :o

:lol:

We were horrifically embarrassed, but he was very nice and had a laugh. :D We wanted to crawl into the floor but it's pretty funny now. I mean...he could have greeted us with a hammer and "what the hell do you think you're doing?!" (which probably would have been my reaction were the tables turned.) :lol:

Waiting for Jake after school, I've had strange kids start to get into my van. :) And I believe I tried really hard to get my key to unlock what I thought was my vehicle in the past but never actually got in, lol.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:47 am

Oh, you got me with that one, Laura! :rolls:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:09 am

I'm so glad to see I'm not alone in my accidental unlawful entry, lol. It's a good thing we're all so honest. ;)

Laura - :rolls: I'm glad your aunt's neighbor wasn't the shooting type, lol. I did the same thing once in college - I got back to the dorm late one night and accidentally took the elevator to the floor above mine. I went to what would have been my room if I had been on the right floor, opened the door and walked in (even back then I didn't lock my doors ;)) and immediately crashed into some piece of furniture that shouldn't have been there, rudely awakening the rightful owner of the room who as it turned out was my friend Laureen, who lived directly above me and apparently didn't lock her door, either. :lol: I didn't live that down for a while, lol.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:50 pm

:roll2: :roll2: Good one Laura & OMG mock - too funny, reminds me of my favorite FOTC deleted scene from S2 when Jemaine went to the wrong apartment because he didn't have his glasses on. :bounce:

Continuing along the lines of car/house confusion many years ago our neighbor a few doors down had a dog that loved riding in their car so much that she would jump and whine and try to get in at just the site of the car. My mom had the same type of car and it made the same type of engine noise as our neighbor's. He told us that when our car was coming down the hill (it couldn't be seen at that point, only heard) Sassy would go nuts. One day after my mom came home from the grocery store & was unloading the car, she left the car door open and brought a bag in and I went out to help a minute later and saw Sassy sitting in the passenger's seat. :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:06 am

:lol: :rolls:

I'm loving all of these stories! And I bet each of us thought we were alone in the accidental/unlawful entry, lol....
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Return to “Off topic rambles”