I've taken a lot of photos of our house so family and friends overseas can see, so I'm going to illustrate this post.
A lot of the photos are of the house as we were moving in or still working on stuff. I need to get a few more photos done now that it's almost complete. The whole set can be seen here
1. When you step in through the front door into your home and look to the left, what do you see?
A wall, but it's got some fun old-fashioned advertising prints on it:
2.What colour is the rug/carpet in your living room?
hardwood floors with a multicolor rug from Ikea
3. When you look out of your kitchen window, what do you see?
Our kitchen is half windows, which look out onto our tiny back garden, which houses a bike and the dog crate and little else
4. What items do you keep on the washbasin ledge in your toilet/bathroom?
Nothing on the ledge, as the sink is tiny, but there's a ledge over it that holds cups with my makeup brushes and our toothbrushes, a small bowl that holds my earrings, and my contact lens case
5. What room in your home is the cosiest?
I like our living room, but our guest room on the top floor is kind of cozy, what with the sloping roof:
6.What is the most charming feature of your home?
The old cast-iron furnace is pretty charming
7. What kind of home appeals to you the most? (Flat, house, terraced house...)
Our last house, which was surrounded by land and trees was probably my favorite, especially since it was a somewhat modern design, too.
8. Where do you store your vacuum cleaner?
In a cupboard in the office
9. Are you satisfied with your home decor?
Overall, yes. We got to start from scratch with this house, so we were able to buy pieces that went together and matched our aesthetic.
10. Is there anything in your home that needs a bit of doing up?
The upstairs laundry room needs a good coat of paint and a bit of organizing, and I'd like to change the cabinets and counter in the kitchen.
11. Do you have more posters or more framed pictures/paintings on your walls?
Framed pictures and paintings with a decorative painting on a wall, too. Most of the artwork we've got is my work or that of a friend. I have plans for more, but haven't gotten around to it all yet.
12. Do you make your bed every morning?
I try to, but there's usually a dog in it.
13. What do you have in your bathroom cupboard?
Saline solution, contacts, hair spray, talc, hair pins
14. What do you keep in the cupboard underneath the washbasin?
Don't have one, unfortunately. No room.
15. What do you have in your pantry/food cupboard?
Not enough cupboard space for a dedicated cabinet, but generally, spices, oils, flour, cocoa powder, sugar, cornmeal, and such ...
16.What do you always have in your fridge?
beer, coke, cheese, milk, olives
17. What is your bed like?
Comfy and with clean lines (this is a before picture of the rest of the room)
18. What kind of curtains/drapes do you have?
Wood blinds in the bedroom, and decorative panels in the dining room
19. What do you have on your fridge door?
Another door. The fridge is kind of built into the cabinets, so it's got a cabinet door over it.
20. What kind of decorative items/ornaments do you have on display?
Not much. I like to keep things fairly minimal. I have various bowls and animals on display, it seems. I decorate with black cats.
21. Any photos on display?
A few, including an old one of my grandfather, a picture of my best friends and I when we graduated university, and a couple of my boyfriend.
22. What feature in your home is likely to get your guests' attention first?
The big orange wall and yellow sofa
23. What would you like to buy for your home some day?
A fan for this summer, probably!
24. Any plants or flowers in your home?
Only a small parsley plant, which is basically there for one of the cats to chew on. Between the cats eating the plants and me killing them, I don't usually bother.
25. What are you most embarrassed about your home?
The mess the two cats and large dog make. Kibble and cat litter and fur, oh my!