What's your house like?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Re: What's your house like?

Postby DangerMouse » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:13 am

Ah ha ! I found them ... not only do I have the same bed as indy

But also an appreciation for orange :lol: Hey is anyone else out there into early-curbside decor ?

...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:06 am

Ooooo! Gorgeous decorating, DangerMouse! I love the circles on the walls, and the stripes, too! Is your sofa Ikea? We had an orange sofa and loveseat from there in our last house.

But the moose. The moose is my favorite part! Fantastic!

Thanks for all the nice words, everyone. It's been fun getting to decorate a house from scratch. Fortunately, the boyfriend and I have very similar tastes, so it's not been a struggle.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:12 am

Love your place too, DM. I would like som more colour in my house, but hubby is not that into it :P

And I really wish I was tidier... I'm almost inspired to get up and start tidying now... Almost....
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:37 pm

Aww thanks y'all. Indy, yes the giant orange couch is from Ikea.. I really like it because it is big enough for 2 to nap on. Did you get that green cabinet from there ? I am thinking about adding some green upstairs since it needs some brightening up.

Hehehe I really like that you decorate with black cats 8)

As for the moose... that is my valet since I have yet to be able to obtain a monkey butler. I have had him for ages. He even went to uni with me.

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:22 am

The green cabinet (and we have a matching one in white to hold the tv and stereo) came from a fantastic shop over in The Hague, called Kikke Spulle. A fair bit more expensive than Ikea; they were one of our splurges. We're friends with the previous owners of the house, and they had the same pieces in the same places in the house (except both of theirs were white), and since we liked them and knew they worked well in those spots, we went for it! Our friends laugh when they come back to the house, because parts of it are very familiar and other parts are things that they considered doing themselves, including the orange wall.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:26 pm

Luv indy's place! It looks like an ikea ad only more homey. And DM's too - there something vagely Clockwork Orangish about it.
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Damn, Sf- that's exactly what I was thinking! The white table and the light fixture (chandelier) put me in mind of it.....I was thinking of the unfortunate couple's house and maybe the moloko milk bar, too...... :shock:

DM- your decor is ultra-cool! Very retro and yet very comfy-looking. Is that a bird in the window? I think I see bird cages but my vision can be wonky....
OH! I also love the fact that you have Bert on your bed, lol....speaking of which:
I think it's so neat that you 2 ladies on this forum have the same bed! :D Great minds...great tastes, I guess.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:48 am

Oh wow! Very Cool DangerMouse! I especially like what ever those things are over your bed that are framed! Just awesome all around!
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:28 am

Enjoyed seeing your pictures Indigo and DangerMouse. Indigo, I loved the one with the dog on the bed. It cracked me up. Your homes look so neat and uncluttered! One of these days I need to do something about my clutter! I'm good at bringing it into the house, not so good at getting it out of the house...

indigo_jones

Postby indigo_jones » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:16 am

Ha! I'm looking around right now and all I see is clutter! That and a ton of recycling that really needs to be taken out today!

I used to have more "stuff", but as I've figured out that I prefer a less cluttered look, I've paired down a lot. It has also helped that we've moved a lot in the past six years, so I've gotten good at getting rid of stuff! An overseas move is the best declutter step you can take. :lol:

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:03 pm

I'll get my messy house up later...I'm really not as skanky as it makes me look :D
It's a psychological analogy

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:25 am

LauraK wrote:Is that a bird in the window? I think I see bird cages but my vision can be wonky....

Yep those are birdies... an Amazon and an African Grey who are currently residing downstairs for the summer to enjoy the sun 8) (while we have it)

Return to “Off topic rambles”