Wellington, New Zealand

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: Wellington, New Zealand

Postby SheWolf » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:06 am

Sweet as.
90% evil
ImageImage

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:59 am

Cool video! "Absolutely Positively Wellington" :lol:
I'd love to visit NZ sometime. One of my friends really wants to go there too. It's all about finding the right time, saving up the money etc. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:01 am

Kelly - Victoria University offers Biotechnology. Is that similar?

http://www.victoria.ac.nz/home/study/subjects/offered/default.aspx

I was studying Physical Geography but I'm thinking about switching my major. I hope Victoria will offer whatever I decide on. Social Policy sounds interesting. How cool would it be to take a Māori language class?!
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:40 pm

Still hoping to move over there in the not too distant future. Not Welly itself, somewhere a bit outside. Hubby loves it there and our next trip back to Oz we hope to spend some time in NZ checking out a few possible places we'd like to move to.

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 am

Not a city girl either Sherry? :) I need a little more "God's creation" myself! It looks really nice for being mostly animated though! Might be fun for a visit. I had no idea Anna Paquin came from there! Learned something!
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:04 am

deliriumtree wrote:Not a city girl either Sherry? :) I need a little more "God's creation" myself! It looks really nice for being mostly animated though! Might be fun for a visit. I had no idea Anna Paquin came from there! Learned something!

Not really. Though I've lived and spent time in a fair few around the world (Amsterdam, Hamburg, New York, London, Adelaide and others) I reached a point in my late twenties, early thirties where I wanted to go back to country living. Worked on a farm for many years, now live on one (but we don't farm it :lol: ).

About the only thing I miss is the culture in the sense of theatre, musicals and that sort of thing. O and a wider choice of ethnic dining out :roll: Loved Amsterdam for that mostly.

About the only city I could see myself living in would be Amsterdam (again). But I like keeping chickens and having a big garden too much to want to change now. Although hubby and I are talking about moving to Adelaide for a bit and then on to NZ possibly. Once in Oz we can make trips to find a place easier than we can from here :lol:

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:41 pm

That's what I want one of these days, to live on a farm that I don't farm. Only with border collies instead of chickens, maybe some alpacas and some sheep too (for the border collies).
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:50 am

I went from the city to the country just three years ago, and wouldn't go back. Now, I live on an acre of wooded property, and back up to acres and acres of state forest. I like the small town better for raising kids. Although when I was young, with no kids, I suppose I preferred the city, with all the things to do, etc.

Sherry that's exciting that you might be visiting New Zealand and maybe moving there some day. It looks like such an interesting place. It's on my bucket list for places to visit.

Also, another weird thing about studying abroad in NZ, is I noticed their school year is different, since their summer is during our winter, I believe their school year goes from March to November (something like that) with three trimesters. So, I suppose that can be tricky for transferring credit, if you're going there as a foreign student, since it might mess up the semesters coming back, but probably not impossible.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:43 pm

I wish I could get used to the country. Since January I've been working in a land of pastures and horses and I still can't say that I like it, though I've come to terms with it somewhat. At least the wide open spaces don't freak me out as much as they used to. Though the really wide ones still do. There's something about not being able to see anything but open land that always feels like death to me. :? :lol:
90% evil
ImageImage

Return to “Off topic rambles”