Consumed by rage

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Consumed by rage

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:09 pm

....or any other emotion, really! :twisted: :x :( :bang: :hrmpf: :worry:

What do the rest of you like to binge on when having a bad day, or stuggling with work/study? I tend to favour the following:

1) Chunky Kit Kats - crunchy!
2) Revels - nothing soothes the tormented soul like a game of 'Guess the Revel'. When starting on nightmare essays, a family pack goes down the hatch pretty sharpish!
2)Wheat Crunchies - see 1)
4)Custard Mullerice - chemically!!
5)Fish and Chips - brain food. Sort of!
6) Curry - especially a biryani!
7) Sloe Gin
8)Mango Juice

What guilty pleasure do the rest of you have? (Not that we shouls feel guilty about food, etc....) :D :D
It's a psychological analogy

prettyrobyngirl
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: Consumed by rage

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:07 pm

When I am angry, Vodka. Lots and lots of it. Why complicate it by food?
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

prettyrobyngirl

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:09 pm

Wow... I just sounded like a raging alcoholic there. I actually don't drink that much, or often. There is something though about a good stiff drink to calm your nerves.
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:17 pm

I don't like to eat or drink anything when I'm angry. I tend to binge when I'm bored, which is far worse because I'm bored a lot more often :roll:

I'm a sucker for cappuccinos and dark chocolate :P
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

LikeACurry
Consistently Mediocre

Postby LikeACurry » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:34 pm

Anything Reese's really- the peanut butter cups, Reese's pieces, the cereal, Reese's whoppers.... :rolleyes:
Oh, it was always "Bowie's bumped into a door..."
ImageImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:02 am

I don't eat when I'm mad- I clean.

I just eat too much the rest of the time.....I need to be made angry more often....

Dark chocolate, choco coffee drinks, choco ice cream, Trader Joe's Brownies, cashews......evil foods, they. :twisted:
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:25 am

When I'm stressed out, I drink lots and lots of wine. :D

There's a reason there's a facebook group called "A Glass of Wine Solves Everything. " :D
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

RubyRed

Postby RubyRed » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:45 am

I'm a big fan of anything salty and fatty (nachos ideally) and choc-full-o-booze (wine: any decent tasting brand will do).

Cholcolate will also do in place of the salty/fatty. I have an emergency bag of Hershey's miniatures in the pantry at all times. Then I'll put on a movie to make me "feel better" but in the end I only end up feeling worse. Usually Jane Austen...

M

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:26 am

I'm rarely consumed by rage, but when I am I tend to pace back and forth while listening to my walkman and not eat.

Depression and boredom though...(in no order)
1) Caramel Popcorn
2) Fancy cheese (aged cheddar, aged gouda, fontina...I keep a ever changing variety on hand)
3) Ice Cream
4) Pizza
5) Garlic Bread
6) Olives
7) Sunflower seeds
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:46 am

I never really get angry. When I do and I really want to vent, I write out my frustrations on a blog and usually end up deleting it later. Or I watch really dumb, fun movies to take my mind off of it.

But comfort foods...hmmm...I like chocolate. Any kind. And beer. But not together. Chimay ale is usually my drink of choice but they have a blend at The Yardhouse called Black Velvet-1/2 Wyder’s Pear Cider & 1/2 Guinness Stout. It's delicious and it's pretty much the best thing ever! :drinkers:
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:50 am

prettyrobyngirl wrote:When I am angry, Vodka. Lots and lots of it. Why complicate it by food?

Mine too.

Oddly enough if I do turn to food, it's usually breakfast cereal in a huge bowl with a huge spoon. Very angry eating. Lots of crunching. Like 1/2 a box at a time! :oops:
Image..Image..Image

ravenhpltc24

Postby ravenhpltc24 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:23 am

I take it out on my friends. I convince them to go out to lunch with me and then I just rant, it's quite calming, plus I can get their opinion on whatever's making me angry. It's ok, because they rant to me far more often. :roll:
He's gonna wake up in a smoothie.

songbird
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby songbird » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:05 am

This is horrible, but often when I'm angry I take it out on my possessions. I lose any care that I had for them, and mistreat them horribly. Usually it's nothing too major, just me slamming my stuff back down on wherever I picked it up from a little too hard or something like that. But there was one time that I was so mad (oh god, just thinking about this is awful) that I just went into my room, closed the door, and threw my copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix at the wall.
I still have not forgiven myself for that. How could I ever do that to a piece of literature?! And HARRY POTTER, no less! :oops:
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

ravenhpltc24

Postby ravenhpltc24 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:34 am

songbird wrote:This is horrible, but often when I'm angry I take it out on my possessions. I lose any care that I had for them, and mistreat them horribly. Usually it's nothing too major, just me slamming my stuff back down on wherever I picked it up from a little too hard or something like that. But there was one time that I was so mad (oh god, just thinking about this is awful) that I just went into my room, closed the door, and threw my copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix at the wall.
I still have not forgiven myself for that. How could I ever do that to a piece of literature?! And HARRY POTTER, no less! :oops:

:shock: :tears: How could you do that to Harry Potter?! That book is practically a sacred text! But what's done is done, all is forgiven. I'm sure J.K. Rowling will forgive you for any damage inflicted. Question... seeing as that book is quite massive, did you manage to dent your wall or anything?
He's gonna wake up in a smoothie.

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:10 am

To be fair, I should have more accurately titled this thread 'consumed by rage, boredom and stress'.
Ah well, time for another day of being consumed by boredom, rage and stress, misanthropy, and irritation at being stuck in office when it's sunny!
Forgot bred and cheese... they're reliable!
It's a psychological analogy

Return to “Off topic rambles”