Consumed by rage

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
Red
Getting lewd with the food

Re: Consumed by rage

Postby Red » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:23 am

Dude that sucks! Your rage is justified. I'm trying to avoid all things Dex until I can watch it online tomorrow.

thestray
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby thestray » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:19 pm

I really like this forum. Everybody's very nice and cheery here. From what I can tell there's no bickering or "flamewars". The rest of the internet though, that's another story. I like to have a good intelligent debate here and there, but I'm careful to treat everyone with a modicum of respect if they haven't done or said anything to offend me. Some people (well, a lot of people) though are just rude and condescending for no reason. It seems like nobody can disagree with you about anything without being an ay double ess hole about it. It's annoying. The anonymity of the internet really brings out the worst in a lot of people, and that frustrates me because I like talking to people and exchanging ideas but it seems like there aren't many places you can do that online without it turning ugly for no good reason.
Rant over, just venting because some 47yr old dude on DA was just really smug and condescending to me out of nowhere. I don't think "with age comes wisdom" is always true, haha.

But like I said, I like this forum. It's one of my few friendly places I have on the net. :)

Gracie

Postby Gracie » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:15 pm

Stray, I 100% agree.

This forum has the friendliest atmosphere. Such a rare and special thing. I can't believe that just because there are no repercussions on the internet, people think they can say some of the most truly ugly and hurtful things, and that it's okay.

Hehe, yeah, I agree that it's not always the case that wisdom comes with age. On the train, I bore the brunt of a complete stranger's tirade. I was happily chatting to my friends, possibly a bit too loudly. I was just in a happy mood, and feeling a bit chatty. The train was a bit crowded and this man just went OFF at me. He was yelling so loudly and just completely embarrassed me in front of heaps of people. He told me I was the most annoying person he had ever seen, and asked how it was even possible that I had friends. I was just so embarrassed. I couldn't figure out what I'd done, or if I'd said anything wrong, or whether I'd said anything that could have somehow been offensive. So I rushed off the train, in tears.

On the flip side, when I got off, I met the nicest person, who was on the same carriage, and it turns out that she just moved into the area. :P

Sorry to hear that people spoiled Dexter for you, Stray. I am still peeved that people spoiled Harry Potter for me, by yelling out the ending the day it came out, on the train.

I hate public transport. :roll:
La La La La

This is outrageous, this is contagious...So...futile.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:27 pm

aww Gracie.... :( :hug: What an awful experience. What a jerk! :x I guess if someone is miserable they cant stand to have others be happy, and they have to take them down with them.

At least you got a new friend out of it! :D

thestray

Postby thestray » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:36 pm

Ah Gracie, you wouldn't want to ride the public transportation in Los Angeles, haha. I've heard some pretty stuff on the bus that I can't even type here, haha.

Gracie

Postby Gracie » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:40 am

Thanks CJ! :) :heart: Yeah, what you said is definitely how I see it now. But yeah, I'm grateful that a good thing came from such a bad experience.

Oh Stray, you're right, I certainly wouldn't. I can only imagine. :(
La La La La

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:11 am

I have found that other forums have a bunch of posters are a bit rude. The posts on one site let people just continue copying pics throughout the pages for pages upon pages and that takes a long time to download then you realize that they are just repeating what others say, then being totally ignorant to newbies. I tried to ask a question on a different forum and was treated like I infected people with the I am dumb as hell flu. (I thought, this is a 'delete' from bookmarks moment). My time is too valuable and life is too short to let strangers treat you like crap.

This is a great forum, no matter how dumb I sound everyone is cool.

So actually,
hm, my rant is not merely a rant, more like a rant then a praise of WTF.
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:22 am

Oh, ItsAllRyche, sorry you were made to feel unwelcome elsewhere. Not here, though! :bighug:

The one thing I like about WTF is that it's not a clique - everyone is made to feel welcome when they join, and I think it comes from the top. Sherry has set the tone here, and for that I'm glad.

Now Gracie, we need to find you a clever retort, to be used whenever you meet up with old poopy pants (or people like him) again. :wink: Sorry you had to put up with his unkindness.

And Stray, sorry you had snobby folks to deal with. "With age comes wisdom" is not totally true. Yes, you know things because you've lived longer, and sometimes you want to warn someone else to avoid going through the same bad situation you've gone through, but my philosophy is you are never too old to learn - stay constantly teachable, keep open to different ideas, you'll get more out of every day.

It's too bad so many of us go through daily unpleasantness. Life is too short, people! Be nice to these good folk! :wag:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Gracie

Postby Gracie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:01 pm

ItsAllRyche, I hope no one ever treats you like that again. :hrmpf:

Nancy wrote: Now Gracie, we need to find you a clever retort, to be used whenever you meet up with old poopy pants (or people like him) again. :wink: Sorry you had to put up with his unkindness.

Thanks Nancy. :smiles:

You guys are so right about time being too valuable and life being too short.
La La La La

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:10 pm

I think we could easily start a thread on public transport horrors!

This forum does not make me rage...which is good :)
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:33 am

It's nice here, it's kind of like a safe haven. :D

How about consumed by anticipated rage? We've worked since Halloween on a show at the middle school and the show is due to go up this weekend, and now the weather forecasters don't know if this bad snowstorm is going to hit us or go out to sea!!!! :witsend:
We have to know if we're putting Plan B into effect and rescheduling it, which is a bear at this time of year. :doh:

Come on, weatherpeople! :stick: The one time we need an accurate weather forecast, and they're just hemming and hawing!!! :hammer:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:25 am

Oh I've got some anticipated rage alright, I'm working on Christmas Eve and NYE, if anyone is mean to me on the phone or rude...I will be very very hostile!

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:54 am

:wag: Listen up out there - BE NICE TO PEACHES ON CHRISTMAS EVE AND NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!
:wag:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Peaches

Postby Peaches » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:57 am

Yeah! Cos I don't get paid any special rates either!

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:29 pm

Yeah!!!! :wag:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!