Consumed by rage

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Consumed by rage

Postby ItsAllRyche » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:45 pm

Thank you everyone for being so awesome!! I do feel welcome and comfortable here. When I need a laugh, I come here, when I am blue, I come here, when I am in a great mood, I come here. This is where I can be myself and joke along or to hopefully add some input to a situation, and just read great stuff! :D

I now have a rage situation!! I work day shift. That is normally very nice, but not during these holidays.

I was just informed that I am working both my days off this week, 12 hours a day, and also working New Years Day !

I just got interrupted...be back.
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:48 pm

Arrggghhh!, no good! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

You bosses out there, stop being mean to these nice people! :hammer:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

ItsAllRyche
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby ItsAllRyche » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:24 pm

Okay, so the working part is not bad. I really could use the extra cash. Its the way we get told about working, like its a punishment or a way to "take a jab" at us.

"Oh, by the way, JoAnn, you need to be here 6:00am on the 1st" walking away with a smirk.....aaarrggghh! I am so peed at that stupid smirky face!!
I want to say "don't look at me with that tone!". :argue:

I haven't gone out NYE in past couple years, but heck I would like to have the option!

Oh, and Christmas, we are forced to work a different department on Christmas Eve, until 9:00 pm!! thank goodness they changed their minds on the mandate for Christmas Day, I would have called in sick. :wink:

But think of it, the time of year you want to share with friends and family, we are forced to work 7 days ;12 hours a day. When do we get to see friends or family? The time to bake cookies, or cook or go out or shop or attend Christmas parties is non exsistant. My friends weerily invite me knowing I will not show due to being tired and depressed. Once again I will have to say, Merry Christmas! to just co-workers. It makes me angry! Management cannot schedule appropriately? It is not like it is a surprise, it is Christmas every December for goodness sake!!!!!! :cross:
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:51 am

Three words: Call In Sick :sick: :D
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

thestray
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby thestray » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:04 am

That's weak. I'd call in sick too. I used to call in sick all the time at my old job, and sometimes it was just because I just didn't feel like working that day, haha. I'm great at making excuses too. "I witnessed an accident and I have to go down to the station to give a statement." works every time (not at the same job obviously).

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:25 am

thestray wrote:I really like this forum. Everybody's very nice and cheery here. From what I can tell there's no bickering or "flamewars". The rest of the internet though, that's another story. I like to have a good intelligent debate here and there, but I'm careful to treat everyone with a modicum of respect if they haven't done or said anything to offend me. Some people (well, a lot of people) though are just rude and condescending for no reason. It seems like nobody can disagree with you about anything without being an ay double ess hole about it. It's annoying. The anonymity of the internet really brings out the worst in a lot of people, and that frustrates me because I like talking to people and exchanging ideas but it seems like there aren't many places you can do that online without it turning ugly for no good reason.
Rant over, just venting because some 47yr old dude on DA was just really smug and condescending to me out of nowhere. I don't think "with age comes wisdom" is always true, haha.

But like I said, I like this forum. It's one of my few friendly places I have on the net. :)

You know what's funny, I've belonged to another message board, for a band, for almost 10 years. We all know each other really well in "real life" and the same group of us have been around for the majority of those 10 years. We vacation together, we send each other Christmas gifts. We stay on each other's couches when we're in town. We've been through marriages, births, divorces, deaths. And we are all TOTAL dicks to each other online. We give each other TOTAL crap. We constantly hassle people about ridiculous stuff. We call each other out just for fun. And we are horrible teasers. When anyone new comes along we haze them horribly and tell them to go away. And we aren't even very nice about the band it's for. You'd think it's just an awful place to be. But we really all love one another so much it's ridiculous. And when someone is in need, going through a difficult time, or just needs a hug, we are ALL there for them.

That being said, despite my clearly dysfunctional tendencies, I ADORE how cheery and nice and supportive this place is. I'm way nice here than I am on the other board and honestly I think over here reflects my "real life" self much more. The other board is kind of for my evil side. And this place is for my angel side. And truly, the good feelings here are infectious. It's kind of my happy place. So thank all of you for that. :D

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:28 am

Well-said, folks.

Time for a group hug!!! :hug:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

thestray

Postby thestray » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:57 am

One of my friends kind of pisses me off sometimes, because he's one of these people who thinks he knows everything about everyone. He doesn't know really anything about my family life or my love life because I don't really talk to him about that kind of stuff, but he makes assumptions about me (and everyone). I kind of flunked out of art school years ago, I didn't really get into why with any of my friends. Then one day he kinda chastises me, saying I have no excuse, as if I was just lazy or something, but the truth was I was going through a lot of stuff at the time, I had gotten evicted from my apartment, was literally homeless for like a week, I had to sleep in a parking structure elevator one night. Then had to go live with my great grandmother who lived far away from my school, and sleep on her couch. I tried to still go to school, but the bus ride was like 4-5 hours one way, I'd get home after midnight and fall asleep trying to do my homework. To make things worse there was a bus-strike for a while, forcing me to miss a few classes, then I developed some crazy stress-related eye problem that made my eyes itch 24-7 for weeks (kinda hard to work on art when your eyes are constantly bothering you). Seriously, it was one of the worse years of my life, and my grades suffered. I admit that I could've dropped classes instead of failing, but I'm not used to giving up and I tried my hardest and thought I could pull it off. I couldn't obviously and I got kicked out. So it really made me angry that he would tell me I have no excuse when he has no idea what I'd been through or had never asked.

That was a while ago though, I'd kinda gotten over it. But tonight he says knows why I'm single, because I have serious problems that a woman can't just get over and he would tell me what my problems were if I wanted to know. I had to stop myself from punching him in the mouth, because it was just so insulting to me, and really inaccurate. He doesn't mean harm, he says this stuff thinking he's helping you, but it just comes off as being arrogant and judgmental. I'm not trying to brag or anything, but I've spent the past couple months TURNING DOWN women, so apparently whatever serious problems I have women don't find it THAT hard to get over. Besides the point though, I'm not unable to get a girlfriend, I'm unwilling, I'm just in a point in life right now where I'm not looking and trying to focus on myself and my career. Instead of going out and trying to meet girls I stay home and work on my illustrations. But, he doesn't know this, so I guess he thinks I'm just pathetic or something.

Sorry about the long rant. Just wanted to get that off my chest, haha. I don't mind people trying to help me or offer advice, but I just don't like people matter-of-factly acting like they know me up and down when they don't.

Gracie

Postby Gracie » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:19 pm

Stray, it's good to get it off your chest.

What you went through was really rough. :(

Your friend seems like quite the douche. :hrmpf: No one should ever make such huge presuppositions about a person. I know a few of those kind of people, who make insults under the pretext of advice.
La La La La

This is outrageous, this is contagious...So...futile.

thestray

Postby thestray » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:35 pm

He kinda is a douche, haha. I really only kind of hang out with him because we have mutual friends, and he happens to be the only one of us with a car, haha.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:57 am

Aha! Now we have it - it's the old "It's my car so you have to be nice to me" bit.
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

thestray

Postby thestray » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:43 pm

Haha. He is the kind of person who won't do you a favor without holding it against you. If we go to a restaurant and you don't have money and I pay for you, it's all good, you'll never here about it again. But if he does it late it's always like "You owe me!" or "I did this for you!"

He has his merits here in there, he's not all awful all the time. But enough to where you only want to deal with him in small doses, haha.

Return to “Off topic rambles”