Consumed by rage

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Re: Consumed by rage

Postby bakergirl30 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:45 am

Sucks doesn't??? :|
ImageImageImageImage

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:27 pm

Well, after you exercise you need to refuel and eat, even if it's something small. It's necessary to build adequate glycogen stores for continued training. If you skip eating, the result is that you could feel tired and sluggish the next day. Or you may binge later. Most of the articles I just browsed through recommended a protein paired with a carbohydrate. Nuts are a good source of energy. Protein bars, fruit, whole grains, milk, yogurt...these are all good options.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:34 pm

Im in a grumpy mood today and the only cure is a frozen margarita! STAT!! :drinkers:
ImageImageImageImage

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:25 pm

Wine for me....flippin' awful day at work.

Colleagues total motherflipping turkeys :evil:
It's a psychological analogy

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:28 pm

bakergirl30 wrote:Im in a grumpy mood today and the only cure is a frozen margarita! STAT!! :drinkers:

I could go for one of those myself. :partyman:
Am starting to get overwhelmed with how I'm going to handle work plus grad school this fall. :?
Image Image

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:02 pm

funny schipperke wrote:I could go for one of those myself. :partyman:
Am starting to get overwhelmed with how I'm going to handle work plus grad school this fall. :?

Don't be.... if I can do it ANYONE can do it 8) and I can truthfully type that I did not even miss an episode of the trashtastic 'America's Next Top Model' during my tenure :lol:

BTW what are you going for ? And keep in mind grad school is way easier than undergrad; since they treat you like a human.
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:55 pm

Don't be.... if I can do it ANYONE can do it 8) and I can truthfully type that I did not even miss an episode of the trashtastic 'America's Next Top Model' during my tenure :lol:

Oh, that makes me feel a better. :)
Mostly I'm worried because it's been 6 years since I graduated from undergrad. :? I'm just out of practice with the whole "learning" and "studying" thing. My days now consist of working from 9-5, then pretty much doing whatever, which usually ends up being watching tv / internets / going out to happy hour (basically, a whole lot of nothin'). But pretty soon I'll have homework! and reading assignments! :nails:

I'm sure once I start I'll get back into the swing of things, or at least, I hope so. :P

I'm also a bit worried about being able to pay my rent/bills if I'm not working full time, but I'm pretty much a worrywart about money all the time anyway.

BTW what are you going for ? And keep in mind grad school is way easier than undergrad; since they treat you like a human.

Information studies. :D
Image Image

jillbean
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby jillbean » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:36 am

I am thinking some mint chocolate chip ice cream. Today was all kinds of stupid at work.

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:39 am

Today was the suck at work too.. :(

Customers are SO rude when it's hot out. Complaining about every little thing... bleh
ImageImageImageImage

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:03 pm

Chocolate in the heat?? Really?

More wine chilling for me - suckiness of job getting to me :evil:
It's a psychological analogy

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:47 am

ZebraWarriorPrincess wrote:Chocolate in the heat?? Really?

More wine chilling for me - suckiness of job getting to me :evil:

Yeah .. to say the least summer is NOT our busy time :?

Hang in there ZWP, this too shall pass. Hope that wine makes thing a wee bit better! :partyman: CHEERS! Have one for me. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:27 am

Well after the night I just had I would like to tell the world "Stuff you!".

But since it's currently 1:26 am, I foresee a mocha frappucino and chocolate chip cookie in my future tomorrow morning.
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:01 pm

Mocha frap makes everything right. That's really the only thing I crave these days. I'm a mocha addict.
90% evil
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:26 am

I have a pint of Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino ice cream in the freezer right now......how did it get in there??
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

eejm
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby eejm » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:16 am

funny schipperke wrote:

Oh, that makes me feel a better. :)
Mostly I'm worried because it's been 6 years since I graduated from undergrad. :? I'm just out of practice with the whole "learning" and "studying" thing. My days now consist of working from 9-5, then pretty much doing whatever, which usually ends up being watching tv / internets / going out to happy hour (basically, a whole lot of nothin'). But pretty soon I'll have homework! and reading assignments! :nails:

I'm sure once I start I'll get back into the swing of things, or at least, I hope so. :P

I'm also a bit worried about being able to pay my rent/bills if I'm not working full time, but I'm pretty much a worrywart about money all the time anyway.

Information studies. :D

Like DangerMouse, I got through grad school too, funny schipperke. I worked full-time and had a baby during the time I went, and I still found plenty of time to dink around. I started five years after I completed my undergrad, so I was in about the same boat as you. I did go part-time for the first two years and then full-time for the last year, but it was waaay more laid back than undergrad. And I wasn't worrying so much about parties and booze and boys and other typical undergrad stuff. :)

I had a really crappy, stressful job for about a year and a half. I quit just a couple of months after I discovered the Conchords, actually, in March of this year. It sounds corny, but they kind of stopped me from going off the deep end. Those last couple of months were pretty rotten, and it felt really good to come home and have something to laugh at. That, and I think it sort of balanced out my moods a bit and allowed me to say to myself hey, you don't have to take this! You can find a way better job! I did find another job much, much more laid back and suited to my personality and abilities. During that time, though, I drank way more wine than I should have just because I was so frustrated, angry, and stressed out. I also discovered Rold Gold Butter Pretzels, which are pretty much the perfect food. I comfort myself with the fact that they are at least low in fat. :D

Return to “Off topic rambles”