Consumed by rage

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Consumed by rage

Postby funny schipperke » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:28 pm

WOW, eejm! I can't imaging working full-time AND going to grad school AND having a baby on top of all that! :shock: That's amazing! :clap: What did you study in grad school?

It sounds corny, but they kind of stopped me from going off the deep end.

That's not corny at all. I'm going through a rough time myself. My boyfriend of 7 yrs and I just broke up, and things weren't going that great these last couple of months, and one of the things that has kept me from going off the deep end has been watching and listening to the Conchords. You just can't stay sad when you're watching/listening to them. They've kind of been my "escape" from the real world. Also, coming to this forum and interacting with other FOTC lovers as been really great. :D
Image Image

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:55 pm

LauraK wrote:I have a pint of Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino ice cream in the freezer right now......how did it get in there??
Dang that stuff is good. I've become an ice cream addict lately. I buy it all at Target as their prices are well below regular grocery store prices. I'm also into B&J Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream and Haagen Daaz 5 in mint. :drool:
90% evil
ImageImage

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Postby bakergirl30 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:01 pm

SheWolf wrote:
LauraK wrote:I have a pint of Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino ice cream in the freezer right now......how did it get in there??
Dang that stuff is good. I've become an ice cream addict lately. I buy it all at Target as their prices are well below regular grocery store prices. I'm also into B&J Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream and Haagen Daaz 5 in mint. :drool:

*sigh* all this ice cream talk is making me want ice cream, but I am lactose intolerant :cry: But I do enjoy Soy Dream and target has some great soy ice cream sandwiches :) Unfortunately no yummy coffee flavors. :|
ImageImageImageImage

eejm
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby eejm » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:54 pm

funny schipperke wrote:WOW, eejm! I can't imaging working full-time AND going to grad school AND having a baby on top of all that! :shock: That's amazing! :clap: What did you study in grad school?

It sounds corny, but they kind of stopped me from going off the deep end.

That's not corny at all. I'm going through a rough time myself. My boyfriend of 7 yrs and I just broke up, and things weren't going that great these last couple of months, and one of the things that has kept me from going off the deep end has been watching and listening to the Conchords. You just can't stay sad when you're watching/listening to them. They've kind of been my "escape" from the real world. Also, coming to this forum and interacting with other FOTC lovers as been really great. :D

Awww, I'm sorry about the lousy couple of months, funny schipperke. :( I hope that going back to school in the fall is the change in course you need. I love your signature, by the way - the smile on Jemaine's face makes him look like he's being tickled.

I got my MS in Adult Learning, Performance, and Development - it was a program designed for people working in training and HR. I don't really work in the field now, but I'm glad I got the degree. Some of the things I learned helped with the previous, crappy job I just left. The course was a working adult program, so the faculty was pretty easygoing and willing to work around other life stuff, so long as you could demonstrate you understood the material. Having the baby wasn't bad either, since my son was too little at the time to know when I was gone. I had a few courses I took online, so that worked out well too. It takes time, but its so worth it!

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:43 pm

bakergirl30 wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

*sigh* all this ice cream talk is making me want ice cream, but I am lactose intolerant :cry: But I do enjoy Soy Dream and target has some great soy ice cream sandwiches :) Unfortunately no yummy coffee flavors. :|

I'm lactose intolerant too but I cheat sometimes. I can handle dairy is small doses. Soy ice cream just isn't as good. The texture is just too icy for me to enjoy.

Also, I'm very particular about how I like my coffee beverages. Sometimes I miss my baristas days because I could experiment and make my own dairy free ice blendeds.

My appetite decreases in the summer when it's warm outside. The only thing I've been craving lately are ice cold drinks and fruit. Pinkberry has been my guilty pleasure lately.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

eejm
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby eejm » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:06 am

I flipped the bird to an old lady the finger today. Yes, you read that right. She was probably 75 years old.

I very rarely flip the bird in a situation where I'm not just kidding around with friends. I reserve it for situations in which someone is being a jerk and doing it purposely to be a jerk. I'd say I do it once or twice a year.

There is a house across the street from my son's daycare. There's a No Trespassing sign in the driveway of the house, mostly because the daycare is on a cross street just off of a much busier street. Parents use the driveways to turn around and go back to the busy street, but the cross street is fairly wide and large enough to make a three point turn without using a driveway.

I was turning around in the street when the old lady came out and gave me a NASTY look. I'd seen the sign and respected that she didn't want people in her driveway. I was not in the driveway or anywhere even near it, yet she started waving her arms at me to get away. So, she got the bird.

I get why she doesn't want her driveway used as a turnaround. The cross street is not a busy one, and it's not difficult to turn around on it with a little effort. But standing outside, harassing people that you THINK are in your driveway? Really? Lady, get a hobby.

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:13 am

vmh wrote:

I'm lactose intolerant too but I cheat sometimes. I can handle dairy is small doses. Soy ice cream just isn't as good. The texture is just too icy for me to enjoy.

Also, I'm very particular about how I like my coffee beverages. Sometimes I miss my baristas days because I could experiment and make my own dairy free ice blendeds.

My appetite decreases in the summer when it's warm outside. The only thing I've been craving lately are ice cold drinks and fruit. Pinkberry has been my guilty pleasure lately.[/quote]

I can handle it in small does but only sometimes. Coffee I love but it also makes me pretty sick. :( I hear you about the soy ice cream but I can handle it most times. Though lately I have been really craving REAL ice cream. Once in a while I will just go for it and have some but I do pay for it later! :oops:
ImageImageImageImage

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:38 pm

Wispa bars...I'm bored at the moment, working out my notice and have become addicted to Wispa bars.

I waddled to the shop this morning, and staggered fatly back to my desk, narrowly failing to crush a fellow employee in my lardy wake. At lunch, I plodded porkily to the canteen, where I has some soup (tomato), but wished it was chocolate.

At the moment I am totally channeling the fat bird from Shallow Hal. It is not good. :D
It's a psychological analogy

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:41 pm

ZebraWarriorPrincess wrote:Wispa bars...I'm bored at the moment, working out my notice and have become addicted to Wispa bars.

I waddled to the shop this morning, and staggered fatly back to my desk, narrowly failing to crush a fellow employee in my lardy wake. At lunch, I plodded porkily to the canteen, where I has some soup (tomato), but wished it was chocolate.

At the moment I am totally channeling the fat bird from Shallow Hal. It is not good. :D

:roll2: aww ZWP I so know how you feel. Right now I'm trying to keep from calling my best guy friend up for a margarita lunch! :drinkers:
ImageImageImageImage

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:43 pm

Would probably kill for a margarita.

Or at least trade it for a Wispa! :D

Go for lunch! (if it wasn't 7pm here I would. Dinner calls, as does wine)

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:46 pm

That wine sounds good too!! CHEERS! :partyman:
ImageImageImageImage

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:52 pm

Enjoy your margaritas :partyman:

Must find hammer to escape from house in case doors no longer an option!

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:56 pm

ZebraWarriorPrincess wrote:Enjoy your margaritas :partyman:

Must find hammer to escape from house in case doors no longer an option!

:rolls: :nod:
ImageImageImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:03 pm

Zebra, I've seen you pic! You're hardly fat, missy! :tsk: :P
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan