Bret, will you go to the prom with me?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Bret, will you go to the prom with me?

Postby mockingbird » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:06 am

I admit, I asked Jemaine first, but he just mumbled something about going over to his friend Paul's house to watch videos or something. Honestly, I don't know what that guy's deal is. Anyway, then I started thinking about how good you look in that piano key belt you wear sometimes, and how you signed my yearbook "Stay Sweet, Brett" which I thought was pretty awesome but seriously, what is up with that little flying guitar you draw on everything? And, hello, did someone forget how to spell his name that day? Whatever - here's my picture, in case you want to put it in your locker or something.

You know, on second thought, maybe you could just talk to Jemaine for me. You know, see if he likes me. My friend Jeanne thinks you're pretty hot, maybe we could rent a limo together. You remember Jeanne:

OK, so, I'll see you in History class. Don't tell Jemaine I talked to you.

kellysouthpaw

Re: Bret, will you go to the prom with me?

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:09 am

Hehe, is this for us to post our high school senior pictures? I'll have to dig mine out...

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:10 am

Hee hee! OK, so I hope you all enjoyed my little pastiche up there. So get to it, ladies - post your embarrassing Olan Mills moment! You know you have one! Let's see it! Don't leave me and the boys hanging!

Let me point out to you, in case you missed it - the hand that's not actually propping up my head, just posing there! And, let's not forget the single rubber bangle I'm wearing! Ah ha ha ha! Hoo boy.

edit - that's what it is, Kelly! Let's see it! :D

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:18 am

Me from sophomore year high school. Looking like a geekeroni:
My senior pictures: Keep in mind that I actually had braces on in these pictures and they were digitally taken out...ahh technology...

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:26 am

Aw, mockingbird! Your posts never fail to make me smile. Maybe you could pass him a note in class?
:lol:

I wish I had a senior photo. But I was one of those punk rock kids who started skipping class her junior year and eventually stopped showing up altogether. I'm sure I could dig up some embarrassing/memorable high school moment though.

:bolt:
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:32 am

Kelly, those rock! I can't laugh at you, you look too good. edit - I just saw you said they digitally removed your braces! How funny!

Not to derail my own thread, and so soon too, but when I was digging through old photos looking for these beauties, I found some real gems. Here are two and then back to the hideous Olan Mills disasters.

That's not a Halloween costume, folks - that's my fashion forward friend Joan at the end of 8th grade, circa 1984. Yep, that's the real deal right there.

OK. I have to fess up. I cleaned myself up in those senior pictures, for the relatives, in a rare moment of cooperation. This picture was taken maybe 6 months later, by my aspiring (at the time) photographer friend Eileen. This was the real me, hee hee.
Last edited by mockingbird on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:33 am

vmh wrote:Aw, mockingbird! Your posts never fail to make me smile. Maybe you could pass him a note in class?
:lol:

I wish I had a senior photo. But I was one of those punk rock kids who started skipping class her junior year and eventually stopped showing up altogether. I'm sure I could dig up some embarrassing/memorable high school moment though.

:bolt:

Ah ha ha ha ha ha! Classic, vmh. If we had gone to school together we could have hung out and skipped class. ;)

helgecko
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby helgecko » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:37 am

ah cool! mock, you were/are one rockin' chick 8)

(un?)fortunately, Australia never did go through an Olan Mills phase of school photos. They were always boring, sitting up straight in our school uniforms in front of a plain background. Fortunately, I have no digital copies, so can't share :wink:
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:38 am

No mock, you can laugh. I do. Often :lol:

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:40 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:No mock, you can laugh. I do. Often :lol:

Well OK then. :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Helgecko - I graduated in 1988, I certainly don't have digital copies either! I took a photo of the photo. Pretty low tech but it worked OK. We will accept no excuses, helgecko!

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:41 am

mockingbird. Better than I could have dreamed. :prayer: You are hilarius! That opening was some A+ comedy! :roll2: That last shot of you with your "friends"? That's one intense stare you've got goin' on. I'll bet you ruled that bunch. Did you beat me up in high school? I was the cute blonde stepperette.

I gotta go hunting. I honestly hope I can find mine.

Kelly: Ha, the pose with the wood!?! Classic. Showing off the class ring? :D What a doll.
Image..Image..Image

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:51 am

nonchalant obsession wrote: That last shot of you with your "friends"? That's one intense stare you've got goin' on. I'll bet you ruled that bunch. Did you beat me up in high school? I was the cute blonde stepperette.

I gotta go hunting. I honestly hope I can find mine.

I honestly hope so too. :lol: I would never have beat you up, that was not my thing. I might have written some thinly veiled derogatory essay about you, lol. :roll: And hey - they are not my "friends", they are my friends! We were tight, yo! I still keep in touch with that motley bunch! (For some reason)

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:57 am

Ooops I put the quotes cuz I was gonna ask if they were your band. :oops: That photo so looks like an album!

I'm looking for mine. Dear Lawrd, I haven't pulled them out in YEARS. Where are they?
Image..Image..Image

mockingbird

Postby mockingbird » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:04 am

nonchalant obsession wrote:Ooops I put the quotes cuz I was gonna ask if they were your band. :oops: That photo so looks like an album!

I'm looking for mine. Dear Lawrd, I haven't pulled them out in YEARS. Where are they?

I had to actually go over to my mom's to get mine, lol. That's so funny you say that about the band because EVERYONE who has ever seen that picture says that! There's actually a bunch of them and they all look like we're in a band, hee hee. Like I said my friend Eileen was an aspiring photographer (now she is an actual photographer) and one day we were all walking around and we ended up at the cemetary (no surprise really) and she had her camera so she posed us around and shot some pics. They're all hilariously serious like that, lol. Funny thing is she actually worked for Olan Mills at one time. Bit of a funny thing. :D

Peaches
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Peaches » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:25 am

helgecko wrote:ah cool! mock, you were/are one rockin' chick 8)

(un?)fortunately, Australia never did go through an Olan Mills phase of school photos. They were always boring, sitting up straight in our school uniforms in front of a plain background. Fortunately, I have no digital copies, so can't share :wink:

LIAR! You can scan some :D

I'll dig some of mine out, I had the dubious honour of being asked to LIFT UP my skirt because it was too long in the photos. Oh yeah, no short trampy skirts for me!
"Item 4 on the agenda: Stuff you!"

"Who else? Mur.. Ray... Oh. Greg's written this, he's put the R's too far apart. It's Murray.. Murray present"

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Off topic rambles”