Bret, will you go to the prom with me?

Everything else you can poke a stick at. And then some.
DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Re: Bret, will you go to the prom with me?

Postby DangerMouse » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:52 pm

Hehehe....I went to Mayde Creek (Katy/H-town area) There sure seem to be alot of Texans 8)

I too will admit too having had tiffany blue hair (I was trying to see how much I could get away with till they fired me :lol: )
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:12 pm

I had pink, but also bright red. No photos exist. I would not be photographed in my teenage years, except under protest! :D
It's a psychological analogy

RubyRed
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby RubyRed » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:28 pm

DangerMouse wrote:Hehehe....I went to Mayde Creek (Katy/H-town area) There sure seem to be alot of Texans 8)

I too will admit too having had tiffany blue hair (I was trying to see how much I could get away with till they fired me :lol: )

I think Texans are just displaced Kiwis with a slightly different twang and an affinity for barbeque.

M

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:26 pm

I was 22 or 23 when I had my purple hair. I was working at The Body Shop at the time (after quitting teaching at a community college), but the owners of that particular store were totally cool with my hair color. They were such great bosses!

I remember those old TVs. My great-grandmother had a massive one, and even the first tv I had was a small black and white, but with the two clunky dials that went "thunk-thunk-thunk" as you changed channel (the second dial being for the UHF channels -- 33 and 45, where I lived).
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

CailenBraern
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby CailenBraern » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:31 pm

I had green hair during my first (and only) year at university. Temporary moment of insanity on my part.

As a lover...I was seriously inexperienced.

Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Postby Faith » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:52 pm

Faith - I had the curly bangs that made me look like a poodle, too...only mine were naturally curly/frizzy. To this day I can't tell you why my mom gave me bangs. The woman wasn't thinking straight.

I'm actually from Texas as well...graduated high school at Kingwood High just up the road from you! :D

M

You too, huh? They were awful. What were our mothers thinking? :lol:

I didn't know you were from Texas. I live on the east side of Houston and I think my sister dated a guy that was from Kingwood.

Ozpot
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Ozpot » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:25 pm

I look so much like Bret in this picture. Animal sweater, awkward smile... :roll:
This was taken in '96.

I don't know when these were taken, but I sorta like them. >_>
ImageImage

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:30 pm

nonchalant obsession wrote:
deliriumtree wrote:This is from the only dance I ever went to. It was a valentines day dinner and dance, my crush's sister set us up. He spent the whole night turned around in his chair talking to anyone but me. I fled for home shortly after. I hate line dancing anyways! lol Notice all the western shirts? Probably why Jemaine in a western shirt does little for me. :lol:

Aww. That's terrible. You know he was just so intimidated by you that he didn't know what to say. :goodman: Don't take it out on Jemaine's shirts DT!

Actually, I found out recently that I was the wrong gender. You don't even know how happy finding that out made me! I'm happy for him too that he can actually be himself, but also really, really relieved! But, thanks! Still not into western shirts though! hehe

nonchalant obsession wrote:Why are you wearing my grandma's hat? I always wanted that hat and she wouldn't let me wear it.

I love Jane Austen. I'm a bit fanatical about it. I hunted throughout London to find the only actual drawing of her (done by her sister Cassandra) and actually took a photo of it even though I was thrown out of the museum for it. Found her grave, too. :D Nice choice.

I don't understand what you're saying about owls?! :shock:

Did she sell it at a yard sale? Cause that's where I got it. 8) I no longer have it though. My mom loathed that hat and it disappeared one day mysteriously. :hrm:

Your London trip sounds awesome! I'd like to see that photo you got kicked out for!

The owls... The owl was the school's mascot and every year I drew an owl for the graduation program. I always kept it very normal, no frills, just your everyday normal drawing of a basic owl. My senior year I thought I'm going to put something of myself into this one. It's my last year, so why not do something that means something to me for a change? So I did an especially awesome owl that I worked on for a week and put a huge amount of time into. Tons of detail. I turned it in and didn't hear a peep. My mom knew nothing about how the original looked and brought me home a finished program for my scrapbook. I RARELY loose my temper, it's very, very hard to make me mad. But I was literally screaming banshee mad over this. She took everything out. The book, the candles, the lightning, the entire owls body and wings which took forever cause every feather was drawn in detail. She just left the head, and never felt the need to discuss my work or changes with me. Thus the boycott and signs. :D
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

deliriumtree

Postby deliriumtree » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:43 pm

eorious wrote:[
Hey! I used to have purple hair too! And blue, and magenta...and I wore mostly black. I was basically a goth, but I didn't hear that term until I got to college. I love your cape, BTW. :thumb:

I never branched out into other colors, thought about it, but I like purple too much so had purple hair for a little over a year. I didn't hear that term either until I got older, but was also basically a goth. Thanks! I have a wide variety of capes now! hehe

Love your hair Indy! :D

I'm with all of you on the nintendo DS thing. That seems very, very new to me. I had original nintendo!
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Ozpot

Postby Ozpot » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:49 pm

deliriumtree wrote:
eorious wrote:[
Hey! I used to have purple hair too! And blue, and magenta...and I wore mostly black. I was basically a goth, but I didn't hear that term until I got to college. I love your cape, BTW. :thumb:

I never branched out into other colors, thought about it, but I like purple too much so had purple hair for a little over a year. I didn't hear that term either until I got older, but was also basically a goth. Thanks! I have a wide variety of capes now! hehe

Love your hair Indy! :D

I'm with all of you on the nintendo DS thing. That seems very, very new to me. I had original nintendo!

:lol: I still have my original NES with Super Mario Bros 1 & 3.
ImageImage

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:56 pm

This is very similar to the tv that my grandpa had while I was growing up. I remember the dial was kinda hard to turn.

omg. Sad to say that was the 1st purchase I made, the very same console tv when I got my first apartment in '79. Now that is a blast from the past. The darn thing was so heavy that it took the 2 guys who lived next door (firemen) & the guy downstairs to move it out of my apartment & move it into the alley where it belonged. It took me forever to get rid of it because no matter how unsightly it was the darn thing was 20 years old & had the best picture, ever.

We didnt even have color television in our house until I was in maybe soph or junior year high school so 1976 or thereabouts. My grandmother was convinced it would 'ruin' our eyes, she said we would sit too close to it. You guys cracked me up when you mentioned turning the channel & the sound clunk-clunk-clunk, it was loud and if someone left the room & you ran and changed the channel that sound would rat you out so fast. LOL. The 2nd part of the dial had the UHF/VHF channels.

Oh the follies of youth as jemaine would say...
Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

deliriumtree

Postby deliriumtree » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:03 am

Ozpot wrote: :lol: I still have my original NES with Super Mario Bros 1 & 3.

That seems more like it! :lol: Love the one with you holding the kitty!

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:28 am

Ozpot wrote:I look so much like Bret in this picture. Animal sweater, awkward smile... :roll:
This was taken in '96.

I LOVE this picture. The shirt is great! I do not see the connection between the kittens and the sneakers at all. :thumb:

All I came up with in the category of obsolete electronics is this:

My "boombox", circa 1983. Hee! Is that not the lamest boombox you've ever seen?? It barely even qualifies. Beneath it is my cassette tape storage drawers, and I think that's a pair of headphones on top there. I can remember walking down the street blasting Led Zeppelin from it, yes I am serious. Led Zep. My friend I was walking with was mortified because she hated Led Zeppelin. :lol:

Ozpot

Postby Ozpot » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:43 am

mock, that picture is so awesome. I seriously wish my room looked like that. :C
My idea of a dream room was a "secret room" that you had to take a staircase to, and the walls were all orange and 70s style.
Pretty much like this. :roll:
And I'd have a huge ghettoblaster with a million cassette tapes. And my window would be huge and have funky curtains. And a nice breeze would flow in. And I'd have a poster of Jemaine looking like Burt Reynolds. :roll: :roll: :roll:
ImageImage

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:02 am

OK, get ready for some more photo faux pas. ;)

This is probably 4th grade, I'd say, maybe 5th - 1980 or '81. I'm wearing my favorite wine corduroy blazer that made me feel so fancy, and some ruffly high necked blouse because deep down I really wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder. See that pin on my lapel? That's Miss Piggy tap dancing. I spent a long time picking out this outfit. Time well spent. :nod: :lol:

So, the prom you say. I can't believe I'm about to show this picture.

What was I thinking?? This is actually from my boyfriends' prom, I'm 16 here. Look at my hair! :shock:

Return to “Off topic rambles”